PDA

View Full Version : About Right polarization

vietnamese
22-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Dear all!
I've setup some frequency on INTELSAT 904, it is R polarization ( test signal from service )
I were install success Left polarization on other satellites (INTELSAT 902,906...)
I checked my location is good for receive signal. Beam is good

I want to ask: how to setup Right polarization ??
Left polarization and Horizontal, vertical is no problem!
I unable received signal from Right polarization.
Thank all!:cheers2:

mrbleu500
22-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Must be a C-band signal, you need a v-big dish and c-band lnb (which handles circular left/right polarity)

snakie
23-07-2010, 04:03 AM
And you might need a ceramic plate that goes inside the lnb hole and acts as a dielectric for better performance on polarity separation.

vietnamese
23-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Must be a C-band signal, you need a v-big dish and c-band lnb (which handles circular left/right polarity)

Thanks!
I received satellites signal with Left polarity ( my LNB Gardineer 17 degree )
Signal is good on Intelsat 906 ( 97% )
But i can not receive signal from Right Polarity. ( i checked beam, it is ok)
Here, do i need LNB for left and right polarity ??
My dish is 3,6m. I used LNB with Left and right Polarity.
My receiver is good ( tandberg )
Tell me , how to receive best signal.

snakie
24-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Maybe the lnb is not so good or the signal is weak.
You could check if your receiver sends a signal (voltage change) on lnb to correctly receive the other polarity.
If its ok - 12-15 volts for 1 polarity and 17-19 volts for the other polarity, you could try
to add 90 degrees to the lnb skew and check opposite polarities on receiver.
Example if on receiver you select L or Vertical and you receive signal then add 90 degrees on lnb skew (turn it clockwise) and select R or Horizontal on receiver.
If the lnb is ok then you should get the same signal.

Otherwise if you have access to ******** analyser you could easily adjust the lnb with it.

vietnamese
24-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Maybe the lnb is not so good or the signal is weak.
You could check if your receiver sends a signal (voltage change) on lnb to correctly receive the other polarity.
If its ok - 12-15 volts for 1 polarity and 17-19 volts for the other polarity, you could try
to add 90 degrees to the lnb skew and check opposite polarities on receiver.
Example if on receiver you select L or Vertical and you receive signal then add 90 degrees on lnb skew (turn it clockwise) and select R or Horizontal on receiver.
If the lnb is ok then you should get the same signal.

Otherwise if you have access to ******** analyser you could easily adjust the lnb with it.

I try install on Left and right polarity ( LNB V & H ). But signal is good on left porlarity.
Any one tell me receive signal on Right polarity ...with LNB ( H & V )

cosworth4x4
24-07-2010, 08:02 PM
left/right hand signal can be recieved on a standard h/v lnb no circilar dia plate req if the signal is strong enough, but remember if you to add a dia plate you will then affect the h/v signals.

possibly r signal weaker as stated above , check the sat footprint.

Matrix2010
17-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't know which signal you are going to receive, but I tried TANDBERG professional decoders. Selecting V-H polarity the box sends standard 13 volt for V and 18 volt for H and you can't change this. So, if you use a single polarity LNB (choosing polarity with dielectric plate or moving the LNB) you must always select H polarity on TANDBERG to supply LNB with 18 volt. If you're using V/H converter, dish alignment could be wrong.