PDA

View Full Version : 500hd plus hdd

kennyboy
26-07-2010, 02:51 AM
got hdd set up esata 2 in a case stand alone pluged into mains and db as reconized it. my 1st question is can i put images on hdd like 7020 if so how. just learning hoe to use enigma2 i have backed up my settings on hdd.is that the image or just bouqeut list and sat settings thanks.
ive tryed dcc

sonic1
26-07-2010, 09:30 AM
You can use your HDD to multiboot but you can only use images that are made for the 500HD

You can only mulitboot images that are uisng the same kernel and drivers.

oldfart
26-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Backup does what it is told to do. it depends what you selected to backup - afaik it doesn't back up the complete image - there may be a plugin somewhere.
[update] found a backup for nfi image on another board - there are loads of pages about it - all in german.
Setting up a swapfile is normally a good thing, but seeing as it goes to the hdd it can mean the hdd is on a lot more than normal. On my 8000 I set the swap to CF not hdd, but you can't do that on a 500hd.
As Sonic1 said - if you have 1.6 image in flash - you have to use a 1.6 in multi-boot (can't use 1.5 image).

kennyboy
27-07-2010, 12:09 AM
ok thanks for that. so how do i go about putting image on hdd.

oldfart
27-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Just use an ftp client and ftp it to the hdd.
For simple jobs (like this) I use FireFTP (Firefox plugin)

kennyboy
31-07-2010, 05:49 PM
right what ive done is used flash fxp gone to / hdd backup what is the chmod and is it in the right place because when i look at thee hdd thru db restore yellow button i can only see the back that i made ie back up your settings were have i gone wrong now thanks

oldfart
31-07-2010, 06:11 PM
kennyboy - suggest you read what you wrote - it doesn't make any sense (to me anyway).

kennyboy
01-08-2010, 02:57 PM
right what ive done is used flash fxp gone to / hdd backup what is the chmod and is it in the right place because when i look at thee hdd thru db restore yellow button i can only see the back that i made ie back up your settings were have i gone wrong now thanks

ok sorry can you give me step by step how to put image on hdd thanks

kennyboy
01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
hdd is already set up on db

oldfart
01-08-2010, 03:42 PM
As far as I know - you can only put images onto the hdd if you are going to multi-boot. You put first image onto flash (as normal) the others go onto the hdd and then you can switch the image.
BarryAllen or meoboot (DreamElite image) are what you need to do that.
Have said previously - can't see the point. Choose an image and learn to use it.

kennyboy
01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
thats the idea so by putting image on hdd i can find the 1 i like. i always used nab 6.1 maxvar image on my 500s because i lked it and never got on with others that is why i want an image that i will stick with.just not sure how to put it on hdd thanks.

Quailman
01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Just ftp the image you want to install to your HDD not in a folder then like oldfart said use either barry allen or meo boot to install.