PDA

View Full Version : S/W setting with V-Box

gordon2124
26-07-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi All

Could someone please tell me the correct s/w settings in Spiderbox so I can move my Dish. I have Spiderbox connected on a loopthough from my T/M 6900.
T/M 6900 is set up to move my Dish through V/Box (36v motor on dish).
I would like to be able to move my Dish with either receiver.
(one in standby).

1mtr 36v Motorised Funke Dish 45E to 45W
0.2 LNB.
T/mate 6900 Super Combo HD with Western Digital Paassport 160g Ext. Hard Drive.
Spiderbox with Omega 320g Hard Drive.
Diablo/Irdeto Cams 2x g*mm* Omnia card.
Cas3 Plus, Elvis.

toothfairy
26-07-2010, 05:55 PM
As far as i know you can move it with one receiver only,
correct me if i'm wrong anybody.

Tmull
26-07-2010, 06:59 PM
I have the exaxt same gear as you but use the Tecnomate to drive my 1.2Channelmaster dish through my V-Box. If you scan the more active Spiderbox forums you will find some members having V-box-Spiderbox conflicts.If it is not broken my advice is do not try to fix it.TMULL

gordon2124
26-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the advice Tmull, think I'll leave it as it is.

kdoug007
26-07-2010, 08:19 PM
gordon hope ya read this , I WANT MY VBOX to drive the dish as its so quick and i like it,,
would that be ok and not the spider box,, i would just put LNB in back of spider ?????? ( have a techo 6900 at moment.)

Bees
27-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I just answerd a similar quetion on another forum (under a different UN). Here is what I wrote which I hope is helpful: I upgraded from a Humax 2000 with VBox and retained the VBox for use with the Spider. Before you disconnect the old receiver, note down the position of each satellite as shown on the Vbox. Then download one of the settings files from this forum, copy on to a USB memory stick, and once the Spiderbox is all wired up with VBox, upload the settings. Then, as you go through each satellite on the Spider, just drive the dish to the position that you noted down earlier. It will give you a different position number (P) I think, but it doesn't matter. In the end, I drove the dish to the correct position via the the two arrows on the Vbox itself as it allowed for much better fine tuning than using the Spider controls which moved the dish too much click by click. You then program the position in the save settings section of the Spiderbox menu.

Hope that makes sense, it really is very easy but the trick is to note down each position before you disconnect the old receiver

gordon2124
27-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info Bees much appreciated.