PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got XBMC working with DM800?

mrbleu500
27-07-2010, 09:30 AM
I've been playing around with XBMC recently, and it is supposed to be able to work with enigma2 based boxes, but so far I haven't even managed to get it to connect.

http://xbmc.org/

Anyone had any success with it?

mushroom
27-07-2010, 12:47 PM
I've been playing around with XBMC recently, and it is supposed to be able to work with enigma2 based boxes, but so far I haven't even managed to get it to connect.

http://xbmc.org/

Anyone had any success with it?

Hi
I am not an expert XBMC user but what you mean that is able to work with enigma2 based boxes?
To stream from or to enigma2 receiver or to install XBMC natively on it?The second i dont think it is possible and if it is you will not have good results as xbmc needs a decent video card preferably an nvidia one which supports vdpau.
But my advice is to build xbmc with vdr and you will be happy:respect-061:

mrbleu500
27-07-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm using XBMC on a Win7x64 pc in the playroom, and would like to be able to control and stream from my dm800 on this pc using XBMC, which the kids use to watch movies, play music etc...

The video card is pretty powerful, a Radeon HD 5770 1Gb and I have a full HD 23" monitor attached, so it would be nice to use the available hardware within XBMC without shelling out to a browser.

You can add a tuxbox client as a video source, which I have tried but always comes up as unable to connect, which is why I asked the question.

If it can't be done easily, I can live with it, but it would be nice to have it working.

jimrare
27-07-2010, 04:08 PM
You can add a tuxbox client as a video source, which I have tried but always comes up as unable to connect, which is why I asked the question.Coud it be your firewall or wrong settings?

Go to videos, add source
in the top field enter tuxbox://yourusername:yourpassword@yourip
click add, and at the botton give it a name and press ok.
If everything was ok you will get your favorite channel list loaded. 100% working with gemini 5.1 and 500hd

mrbleu500
27-07-2010, 05:54 PM
The settings are correct, I can connect fine via a browser, so I'm assuming my firewall setting are ok for the browser, I'll check the f/w settings for XBMC :D

kemik
28-07-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm using it and it works perfectly from my xbox original with the exception of the HD channels of course

I'm using Nabilo image on my DM800

mrbleu500
28-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Any DM settings that need adding?

Disabling the Windows firewall made no difference, still nothing :(

jimrare
28-07-2010, 07:13 PM
No settings at all needed from dm side. Tested with XBMC v9.11.0.0 on winxp sp3.