PDA

View Full Version : diseqc 1.1 question

echelon
31-07-2010, 12:11 PM
hi

1) on some of my other sat boxes I can set the committed to 1 , 2 , etc and the uncommitted to 1 , 2 etc , in diseqc v1.1 for switches of more than 4 lnb inputs

so for an 8 way switch I can set the number 5 lnb to 2/1 , number 8 lnb to 2/4 , and so use an 8 way switch ( up to 8 lnb,s ) , by using 1/1 2/1 3/1 4/1 , 2/1 2/2 2/3 2/4

looking at the spiderbox 9000 menus I can find no way of doing this and so I only get the standard diseqc v1.0 of A , B , C , D which limits me to 4 lnb,s on an 8 way switch

so does anyone know how I can use the lnb,s 5 to 8 by setting committed and uncommitted ?

thanks

2) on a sidenote , has anyone had trouble with diseqc switches on this box ?

for instance , I have a 4 way diseqc switch here by satconn that works fine , my 8 way switch also works fine for lnb,s a , b , c and d

but I have just bought 2 of the chess ones from e b*y and none of them work on this spiderbox 9000 , and yet they both work on a tm9100 in diseqc v1 mode , and also work ok on a starview HD combo box in diseqc v1 mode , for example

is this a power issue do you think ?

addendum

( ps , the spiderbox 9000 works fine on my diseqc 1.2 motor as do all the other boxes mentioned )

Giga
31-07-2010, 03:14 PM
committed = 1.0
uncommitted = 1.1

echelon
31-07-2010, 03:51 PM
yes I know m8 , but I cant see an option to add the uncommitted on the menus of the spiderbox 9000 , and yet I can on its sibling the sv combo where it has a diseqc uncommitted setting below diseqc port

however , I have now found them in the satellite search section itself , so ir seems it can be done , and it also seems to affect matters depending on the diseqc switch used as well , so its worth checking the details if you are using a diseqc switch

I havent tried the 8 way switch yet but the 4 ways seem ok now