PDA

View Full Version : Block IP address

Keano
31-07-2010, 12:18 PM
Guys I am having a mare with this.

I have two users who for the last few months are still trying to log in to my dreambox and CCcam.

I can't stop them, I have a d-link 655 and have tried adding the ip address to inbound filter but it made no difference.

I am running PLi open but cant find the firewall any where.

When I was using a linux pc I was able to give a iptables command to drop the IP's and that worked but with dreambox the iptables modules are not there.

Anyone any ideas ?

zola25
31-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Just put 0 in there F line so they get no cards.I know it does not stop any attack but at least you do not get anything in your logfiles about attack unknown etc.
Also send them a PM or email asking them to remove your line.

sonic1
31-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I have the same problem Keano so I would be interested to see the outcome.

@zola great idea but no good if you have not kept the F line info :smash:

ian
31-07-2010, 12:47 PM
cant really say for your particular router mate,but with my netgear i just select a service,lets say for example port 12000 as its the most common port used with CCcam,then in my firewall rules i select block and then add the ip address.
this only works though untill their DNS is updated so i find its best to block an address range.for example

starting address 41.250.0.0
finish address 41.251.255.255

this is an actual annoying address range of a peer who refuses to delete my line.
each ISP has a certain address range and also the country of origin effects this too so dont worry about it effecting other peers as the example i have given just blocks addresses from a particular ISP from Tunisia(particularly annoying peers come from this area and are usually the ones who refuse to delete your line)

to find the address range of the peers ISP just google the peers ip.
when this is done correctly,when you check your warnings.txt you will find that its no longer generated in /tmp
this means no peers can effect your CCcam with illegal logins.
i never have a warnings.txt file in my /tmp folder anymore mate.Ian.

@sonic
as i expected he's deleted me lol.didnt take him long.for a laugh,if i can find the time i may attack his server with multiple address ranges,also i may even hack it and post the lines on the free server sites.
EDIT:just downloaded BrutusAET2 and Cain and Abel,and may leave my pc on overnight running a telnet brute force alpha numeric dictionary attack and see what we have tomorrow morning.the beauty of running a telnet attack rather than http is that the root can be locked as very few know how to change this,and so the time is halved.if nothing else,its a bit of fun.

Keano
31-07-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks Ian, tell the world what port I'm using ...lol

I have a D-Link 655 which is suppose to be the dogs b*llocks but trying to block the these IP's are not working.

Will I get in trouble if I name and shame them and post their IP's ?

ian
31-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks Ian, tell the world what port I'm using ...lol

god i can be a dork sometimes mate!!
sorry,ive edited my post.

have a look in your manual mate for how to block certain address.the principles are the same with all routers and to my knowledge,all routers accomodated this feature.its a basic need.Ian.

Keano
31-07-2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah I've just figured it out in router menu, looks like the D-Link 655 could be to advanced for me.

I have to go to inbound filter page and here you can select up to 8 ip addresses you want to stop.
This is what I was doing and getting no where.

Now the bit I was missing was I then had to go to virtual server page, other wise known as port forwarding. Here I found my ip of my dreambox and port and next to it was a drop down box with the options "allow all" "deny all" and the new group I made in inbound filter page which is called "bad peers". I then select "bad peers" from the drop down menu and now they can longer access my dreambox, the router is acting as solid firewall blocking them out.

sonic try and do the same in your router

Thanks m8.

PS Need to speak to you about overclocking a Viacess 4.0 card too.

Giga
31-07-2010, 02:32 PM
and you can probably block ip ranges and MAC addresses to in the router or reverse and only allow instead of blocking.