PDA

View Full Version : White card not clearing CH4HD and FiveHD

plaskotki
01-08-2010, 04:17 AM
Got a sky white card from **** today. Not clearing CH4HD or Five HD. The reader recognises the card as video guard card, though. Any suggestions? Can the card be inactive? Would the stb display an inactive card message?

richardw
01-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Your sky card needs to be activated in an original sky box, you can do this by ringing up sky on the number on the letter that came with the card, all you do is tell them the serial number of the sky box, they then pair the card to the box, and within the few minutes the channels come on. The card should work in any box after that for the free to view channels.

regards
richard

echelon
01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Your sky card needs to be activated in an original sky box, you can do this by ringing up sky on the number on the letter that came with the card, all you do is tell them the serial number of the sky box, they then pair the card to the box, and within the few minutes the channels come on. The card should work in any box after that for the free to view channels.

regards
richard

it will also require updating about once a month in the paired sky box as well

otherwise the entitlements will expire

if it opens ch5 on channel 105 , and sky 3 and fiver and 5usa in the sky box then its working ok and should then open those 2 HD channels too

ManikM
02-08-2010, 02:54 PM
mine has been working for about 5 months without going near an official sly box.

plaskotki
26-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi there, back from my holidays now. I got the card off **** as activated... Can I have two cards in the readers at the same time? Will they work?

Giga
26-08-2010, 10:39 AM
>8 >8 otherwise the entitlements will expire
If card is not showing entitlements can you revive these by putting it back in any original sky box ?
Is there a way to see if card is paired?
If paired is there a way to recover what box it was paired to?

denton
27-08-2010, 09:38 PM
1.If card is not showing entitlements can you revive these by putting it back in any original sky box ?
2. Is there a way to see if card is paired?
3. If paired is there a way to recover what box it was paired to?

1. Probably not. Old entitlements should still show - if they don't then your card is probably dead.
2. All contract cards are paired, as far as I know, but will clear "non-premium" channels in any box.
3. Not as far as I know.

echelon
27-08-2010, 09:49 PM
1) normally any sly box will update a card , but the paired box is best

2) dont think you can check pairing other than trying it in the box for premium channels etc

3) dont think so either

snakie
28-08-2010, 07:09 AM
If its paired then just add a wrong boxid into any other reader that supports the card and check it out.
Or go back to old days with ndz studio and read the card info in a phoenix and check the married flag status.
For new white cards no public method is out for getting the correct info from the card.
Only by knowing where you activated it ..

plaskotki
10-09-2010, 09:09 AM
As you can see from my previous posts I bought a white card of e..y and it was not working in my card reader. I was not sure what to do as I had no access to a sly box to I left it in for a few days. Guess wat-the card activated itself! It clears c4HD and fiveHD :respect-059: It has been working for about a week now.

dizz
10-09-2010, 05:33 PM
My old mans got an old sky box, non hd. If I turn the old box on for a while and then put the card into my icecrypt will it open the fta hd channels.

ramjet
10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
My old mans got an old sky box, non hd. If I turn the old box on for a while and then put the card into my icecrypt will it open the fta hd channels.

used to do on the old ones , try it and see

ManikM
10-09-2010, 11:53 PM
blue yellow house card, or new white card?

dizz
11-09-2010, 10:02 AM
Its a white card from a plus box.

ManikM
11-09-2010, 10:13 AM
yes try leaving it in on sky3 for 15 hours or so

dizz
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Cheers man

ManikM
14-09-2010, 02:14 PM
did it work mate?

dizz
14-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not around his place until next week. I left the box on the channel you said though. It hasn't been turned on for over a year though. I'll let you know.

plaskotki
15-09-2010, 12:34 PM
mine is still working after it activated itself. Occasionally i get Encrypted channel window, but restarting STB solves it.