PDA

View Full Version : motorising a Andrews 2.4 dish

TJLOWE1
03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I've currently got a Andrews 1.8 motorised dish set up, i've seen for sale an Andrews 2.4 dish, i'm just wondering if its possible to actually put the 2.4 on a motorised set up,as from what i've read they all seem to be in "fixed" position , focussing on certain satellites.
has anybody got or heard of a 2.4m dish being motorsed.

Thanks

TJ

kdoug007
03-08-2010, 08:03 PM
well i wish u the best i had to say something.. i got a so called v box that drives my 1m motor dish its so good and so quick, a 2.4 m dish must be gigantic!

TJLOWE1
03-08-2010, 08:39 PM
well i wish u the best i had to say something.. i got a so called v box that drives my 1m motor dish its so good and so quick, a 2.4 m dish must be gigantic!

The 1.8 looked Massive at first ,when i put it up ,but you get use to it, the 2.4m in truth isn't a vast amount bigger, by looks anyway. !! Driven by a 36-inch actuator (heavy duty) it goes like Porsche.

TJ

arold1968
03-08-2010, 08:49 PM
wow that sounds like some piece of kit my missus moaned like hell when i went from a 1 m to a 1.2....... any chance of some pics so i can look upon in envy?

TJLOWE1
03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
wow that sounds like some piece of kit my missus moaned like hell when i went from a 1 m to a 1.2....... any chance of some pics so i can look upon in envy?
Thanks,
i'll sort some pics out at the weekend... keep your eyes open for them !

TJ

ABA
03-08-2010, 09:33 PM
Ive got a 2.3 motorized dish on top of a 10 foot
tower in my back garden not Andrews
a prime focus dish Ku and c band cost about £ 1800
about 18 years ago used on a chapparal Monterey
used to spend hours playing with it scanning the
air waves to see what i could fine

now a days i just play with a 1m lenson heath dish
with my echostar 3600 ip

xanadu
03-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Later this week I'll be putting up a new 59cm dish for Freesat with quad LNB. It's just a standard MK4 Sly UK dish from fleabay to replace the old one. :D

Keano
04-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Here you got, two arms on my 2.4mtr CM dish.

chorleycat
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Here you got, two arms on my 2.4mtr CM dish.

i like that arrangement - Keano -- :respect-048:

@TJLOWE1 - - can it somehow be fixed onto a 1.8 channel master polar mount -- if its an old style one - like the one i use- on my 1.8- i,m sure it would be strong enough to handle it --

regards c.c.

satwyn
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I have a heavy duty mount designed for dishes up to 2m you may be able to modify it to fit the andrews it is a very heavy and robust I never used it from new

toothfairy
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I can tell you it will fit ok as i had a 1.2 on a mount designed
for a 2mtr, i now have a 1.5 on it now and no problems.Had
to make a bracket to mount on the Jeagar 1224 mount but
that was easy.

wod
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
you can get the polar mount from german company for them but not sure on the price and if ok to mention name of them

tr8.
08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
I've currently got a Andrews 1.8 motorised dish set up, i've seen for sale an Andrews 2.4 dish, i'm just wondering if its possible to actually put the 2.4 on a motorised set up,as from what i've read they all seem to be in "fixed" position , focussing on certain satellites.
has anybody got or heard of a 2.4m dish being motorsed.

Thanks

TJ

what sat are you after that the 1.8m cannot get?
I know where there is a 2.4m channel master its a 2piece dish but the guy wants loads of money ( over £1k )and its a fixed dish. Its not been used for at least 4 years as it was left by the previous owner, now working on the wife as she hates it as its massive and all you see in the bottom of their garden. It has a c120 on the endthe mount is not a CM as totaly different to my 2.

satwyn
08-08-2010, 05:57 PM
I know where there is a 2.4m channel master its a 2piece dish but the guy wants loads of money ( over £1k )and its a fixed dish. Its not been used for at least 4 years as it was left by the previous owner, now working on the wife as she hates it as its massive and all you see in the bottom of their garden. It has a c120 on the endthe mount is not a CM as totaly different to my 2.at some locations in the uk 2.4m would come in handy for 7w no H transponders here in n wales with andrews 1.8m also c band would be available if the c band scaler could be attached to the dish

tr8.
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
at some locations in the uk 2.4m would come in handy for 7w no H transponders here in n wales with andrews 1.8m also c band would be available if the c band scaler could be attached to the dish

yes forgot about 7w H, as i get it easy on my 1.8 and most of the time on the 1.2.

TJLOWE1
09-08-2010, 07:57 PM
I know where there is a 2.4m channel master its a 2piece dish but the guy wants loads of money ( over £1k )and its a fixed dish. Its not been used for at least 4 years as it was left by the previous owner, now working on the wife as she hates it as its massive and all you see in the bottom of their garden. It has a c120 on the endthe mount is not a CM as totaly different to my 2.

the cm 1.8 is a great dish, and i must be mad to think about changing it, as its only been up like 2 months, but altho i can get most of 7w H transponders,now, i can't get anything on 26e the " Badr6-BSS" beams.WHICH IS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR,and i've read on other forums it is possible to receive this in the uk. !
(i supose it would give more strength on 7w, and the H transponders, as altho i can get most of the H's a couple fade out during the day and having the wonderfull spiderbox, there is loads open there).

TJ