PDA

View Full Version : connecting usb dongle prob

robrob
04-08-2010, 11:51 AM
hi all can anyone help...having problems connecting to gift channels using mobile broadband dongle via laptop and a cross over cable. service + channels come on but freezing makes them unwatchable. has any of you satpimps out there got the channels working and if so how ????? any help would be gratefull.

echelon
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
use a proper cable or adsl broadband connection and it should be fine

alternatively , you could try using a Edimax 3G6200n usb router and plug your dongle into it instead , and connect the spiderbox directly to the router

robrob
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Tried a Edimax 3G6200n usb router and it's still the same, is there anyone using a usb dongle to open the gift ???? pleeze help. could it be a speed problem ??? not the box as it has been tried thro a proper broadband router and it was fine.

Giga
07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
speed probably ok: delay caused by Wifi most likely: access & response time to and from server.

dcselec
07-08-2010, 10:18 PM
Found this on another site may be of some use to you

I always use belkin wireless games adapters for my Sat boxes, Spiderbox works well with them..

Have a Google

Hope it helps Dave

charlie
07-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Found this on another site may be of some use to you

I always use belkin wireless games adapters for my Sat boxes, Spiderbox works well with them..

Have a Google

Hope it helps Dave

Im using a belkin with no problems

Giga
08-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Belkin wireless games adapters are not the same as a USB GSM dongle
Check with laptop and dongle if you can improve the received signal strength of your mobile internet? Raising dongle, taking it closer to the window with the nearest GSM mast of your mobile internet provider. The stronger the signal the better the communication should go. IP addresses are setup correctly? check sticky for your receiver.

robrob
08-08-2010, 09:48 AM
internet provider is 3, signal is very strong. the internet works well with it but having no joy at all with spiderbox. it has a connection but expiry date is empty since getting the usb router. service + channels come on but freeze up every couple of seconds.

robrob
14-08-2010, 07:37 AM
finally got it sussed, got a vodafone dongle to try and opened up straight away so musta been a problem with the 3 network.

scrapman
14-08-2010, 03:57 PM
3 are blocking whatever the spiderbox requires, it will show its connected but will not give an exp date for the gift.
Both on PAYG dongles and Contract with restrictions lifted.
Either by sharing connection via laptop with a x over cable or a Edimax 3G6200n router.
The was some talk about DNS servers at 3 causing the problem on the box's forum, (2 threads) but no solution.
It's now over a week since the problem started, Not got much hair left to pull out now:mad:
Is any member using t-mobile dongle and do they work ok?
or if there is a possable workround for 3?

Scrappy

robrob
14-08-2010, 06:13 PM
still got the 3 dongle so aint giving up just yet, if i get any joy with it i'll let you know. vodafone works a treat.