PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 2100 Motor with Spiderbox 9000

charlie123
05-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Hiya All,

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section.

I am interested in upgrading my humax receiver for a spiderbox 9000 (from the sponsors). Even though the Dish Motor is DiSEqC1.2, will this be relatively easy to setup with the Spiderbox?

As l dont want to purchase the box, then find out l cant do anything than leave it fixed to one satellite position,

appreciate your thoughts,

thanks
C.

echelon
05-08-2010, 10:30 PM
spiderbox should work fine on any diseqc v1.2 motor , it does on mine anyway ( Moteck SG2100 Diseqc Motor )

charlie123
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
thanks for the quick response echelon

I recall your model is virtually the same as the technomate 2100. So, all good then.

I'm not sure about USALS, as thats how the dish is setup with the box, so will have to read more into this, as l aint got a clue what that means.

When l setup the motor, l just positioned the motor at 1West (BBC World News), so seems a bit complex with USALS

echelon
05-08-2010, 11:58 PM
USALS is simple , you set your position in your spiderbox , and choose 1 west , and it drives the motor to where it should be

then you just align it to 1 west

once that is done it knows where all the other sats are , so as long as the arc and elevations are set correctly you dont have to find the other sats like you do with diseqc

so with usals you get 1 west , and the rest drop in