PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Dish for 19,2E,16E,13E,39E ?

slime345
06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Anyone can recommend a suitable dish (fixed) for:

1. Astra 19,2 E
2. Eurobird/Eutelsat 16 E
3. Hotbird 13 E
4. Hellas 39 E

Perhaps a dish that I can install my self?? :)

I got a fixed Lnb "Europe dish" with thor, sirius, hotbird & astra (think its 80 or 85cm), - perhaps I could just change the Lnb holder (would be abit cheaper ;))? what's our thoughts about it?

:respect-051:

echelon
06-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I think the spread is too far for a standard dish and lnb rack like the triax td80 or td110 , as I get 28e to 5e giving 23 degrees spread , but you might just manage it

a wavefrontier is more likely to work as far as I am aware , especially due to the closeness of 13e , 16e and 19e at 3 degrees separation

Giga
06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
As echelon suggests or depending your budget and location and other wanted sat locations? 39°E and 28.2°E with required size for your location?

slime345
06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
I was also thinking about wavefrontier. budget not a problem.. but cheaper is better ;), I live in south-east sweden. Gonna get some price from my local dealer.. better he fall down from the roof ... hehehe

slime345
06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
As echelon suggests or depending your budget and location and other wanted sat locations? 39°E and 28.2°E with required size for your location?

do you recommend any other sats with my combo? perhaps 6 sats instead of 4 sats ?

slime345
06-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I think the spread is too far for a standard dish and lnb rack like the triax td80 or td110 , as I get 28e to 5e giving 23 degrees spread , but you might just manage it

a wavefrontier is more likely to work as far as I am aware , especially due to the closeness of 13e , 16e and 19e at 3 degrees separation

how big spread can a Wavefrontier handle?

Giga
06-08-2010, 06:26 PM
No 2nd normal dish, check footprints for required dish size and possible satellites for your location. Do you need to be on the roof? If you have a free line of sight at the correct angle and not at the wrong side of the fjord/hill/mountain/trees ...? Or is the snow level to high at ground level in wintertime?
Currently I have 8 separate LNB's on 2 fixed dishes and 1 motorized dish.

digihoe
07-08-2010, 10:54 AM
I was also thinking about wavefrontier. budget not a problem.. but cheaper is better ;), I live in south-east sweden. Gonna get some price from my local dealer.. better he fall down from the roof ... hehehe

Have you tried to get 39e so that you are sure that it will work? I would like to suggest you getting a second dish with rotor and use the dish you have for 13,16,19e (you would need to get a new LNB with 3 degree seperation). I think this would be a better (cheaper) solution if you would like to change from 39e later on.

slime345
07-08-2010, 03:48 PM
Have you tried to get 39e so that you are sure that it will work? I would like to suggest you getting a second dish with rotor and use the dish you have for 13,16,19e (you would need to get a new LNB with 3 degree seperation). I think this would be a better (cheaper) solution if you would like to change from 39e later on.

Checked out wavefrontier, - it can handle 40 degrees spread, so that would be ok, also checked beam to southeast sweden should also be ok but I will contact a lokal dealer to give some advise. I dont really like motor-dishes, they always seems to get some kind of problem in my opinion. I think a wavefrontier would be an excellent buy, since in the future I can get a satdude to just move the lnb's or even add plenty more lnbs. I'm actullay thinking of setting up like 8 lnbs when I'm at it... hehe

Im going for the pinkpackage, canalNL @bullsat for now... no cs though since i think its very traceable ...

paulipm
07-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Why not motorise your sat. dish?

slime345
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Why not motorise your sat. dish?

Well first of all like I wrote I believe they always have problems, for example when its snow, cold or technical. For the second, how annoying is it to wait while zapping between sats... :302:

Giga
08-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Can't agree more:
fixed dish for the main sat locations you're watching (daily viewing):
- single LNB/dish if you have the place to put these up
- multi feed dish(es)
motorized dish for the exotic sat locations (sometimes viewing) or for the missing ones on the arc of the multi feed dishes.

tr8.
08-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Well first of all like I wrote I believe they always have problems, for example when its snow, cold or technical. For the second, how annoying is it to wait while zapping between sats... :302:

Had a pair of channel masters up for nearly 20 years now with no probs even went through a hurricane some 15years ago, zapping is quick with 36v jackarm, just give them a good grease once a year, cover over 45e to 40w dish will do more cannot be bothered to look as so many sats.

would have thought snow would effect a fixed dish more as the snow will come off as the dish swings and tilts to new angle

digihoe
09-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Checked out wavefrontier, - it can handle 40 degrees spread, so that would be ok, also checked beam to southeast sweden should also be ok but I will contact a lokal dealer to give some advise. I dont really like motor-dishes, they always seems to get some kind of problem in my opinion. I think a wavefrontier would be an excellent buy, since in the future I can get a satdude to just move the lnb's or even add plenty more lnbs. I'm actullay thinking of setting up like 8 lnbs when I'm at it... hehe

Im going for the pinkpackage, canalNL @bullsat for now... no cs though since i think its very traceable ...

It's a good dish I don't think you will be disapointed. You still could get a rotor for the dish you already have, if you would like to check other satellites (exotic as Giga says), some channels can be FTA on one sat but encrypted on another. I would recommend you to give 28e a shoot aswell.

For simple viewing I think the T90 will be best, also I do think it has a good chance with the better half, as long as you put it somewhere where she can't see it. :302:

slime345
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
It's a good dish I don't think you will be disapointed. You still could get a rotor for the dish you already have, if you would like to check other satellites (exotic as Giga says), some channels can be FTA on one sat but encrypted on another. I would recommend you to give 28e a shoot aswell.

For simple viewing I think the T90 will be best, also I do think it has a good chance with the better half, as long as you put it somewhere where she can't see it. :302:

hehe dual Lnb's could be one option also ;), then we are talking real simple viewing :respect-055:

Giga
09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
duo lnb's won't work: 2 heads, 1 F-connector: diseqc switch inside assembly = problem with other switches.
Twin LNB's work: 1 head, 2 F-connectors = 2 x one (receiver/tuner) if several used: 2 switches: one for each receiver.

slime345
09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I meant twin Lnbs...

Giga
12-08-2010, 06:46 AM
was not sure, just to avoid misunderstandings. Always a nasty feeling when you figure out something is not working as you expected.