PDA

View Full Version : DM500 keeps freezing and other problems

You Knows It
07-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I've had a problem with my DM the last few months which has made it pretty much unusable. The box freezes after a while and I am unable to change channels; the box doesn't turn the motor properly anymore, either. Sometimes it turns and at other times it won't move - if I power off the box, it often turns.

I'm thinking of changing the image but I have a couple of questions that I hope you might be kind enough to help me with:

I used a null modem cable to put the image onto my DM when I first got it. However, the PC I have now has no port to accept a null modem cable. Is it possible to replace an image via FTP?

Which image would you say was the most stable (will be using CCcam), I currently have an old version of Gemini?

jimrare
07-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Download the desired image, ftp it to your /tmp folder, rename it to root.cramfs. Then go to the setup menu-> software update-> manual update, and follow the instructions. Once the box is flashed do a factory reset and you are done.

Maybe you should backup your cccam.cfg before doing the above.

As for which image to use, if your box is a clone then read the stickies in the dm500 forum otherwise check the dm500 images section and choose any of the latest ones.

You Knows It
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Cheers, mate. Do I need to unzip the file first or do I ftp the zipped version over?

You Knows It
07-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Another daft question:

Is the root /tmp

or

/var/tmp

Cheers

jimrare
07-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Cheers, mate. Do I need to unzip the file first or do I ftp the zipped version over?unzip first, ftp, rename

Another daft question:

Is the root /tmp

or

/var/tmp

Cheers
I think that /var/tmp is just a link to /tmp so both would do. Try /tmp and if it doesn't work then try /var/tmp

Dig Deep
07-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Download using the blue button - no problems at all
Make sure it is not a clone..............