PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian TV options now Digitv Nagra 3

porban
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Dear Guys (and gals)

Apologies if this is in the wrong folder - do feel free to move!

As a complete novice, I've had fantistic viewing through my Humax IRCI-5400 on digitv for the last couple of years on nagra 2, which has sadly come to an end. It has helped no end maintain domestic bliss with my Hungarian wife!!!

Have I any options to keep on watching Hungarian TV? Can an official UPC card for example (available on a well known auction site) be used to watch through the hummy or do I need to buy another box? Are there any other options?

I am in Nottingham if anyone can provide ideas or a complete solution?

cheers and much respect to all who provided the nagra 2 keys!!!
Peter

Barney
07-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Welcome to Satpimps forums porban .

Digitv uses Card pairing in new Nagra3 cards so you would require
1) Hungarian address
2} Official Digitv hungarian Subscription Card
3} Official Digitv box paired with your Digitv hungarian sub card

your old Humax box would not be able to read new nagra3 digitv card as you would need boxkey and RSA and even then i doubt you can enter boxkey and RSA in a humax box in order to read digitv's new nagra3 card as boxkey and Rsa is embedded in Digitv official reciever.So that is basically why everyone says R.I.P to Digitv .
------------
Barneycarlton

Bentex
09-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Have I any options to keep on watching Hungarian TV? Can an official UPC card for example (available on a well known auction site) be used to watch through the hummy or do I need to buy another box? Are there any other options?

I have an official UPC card and with a cryptoworks cam it works fine in the hummy. I also have a technomate 6900, and it work fine in the card slot.

I'm also in Nottingham too. :)

I get my subscription through a friend in Budapest, not that auction site.

cfipro
09-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I have an official UPC card and with a cryptoworks cam it works fine in the hummy. I also have a technomate 6900, and it work fine in the card slot.

I'm also in Nottingham too. :)

I get my subscription through a friend in Budapest, not that auction site.

Do you mean your tech6900(which patch have you got on it?,have the 6800)can read your crypto card from upc? when did you get it?...interesting, my hungarian partner will be happy to hear that

Bentex
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
I have the 725 patch (I think). I can't check it right now...but my card has worked on all patches I've used since I bought it 1 year ago. It changes channel faster than with the cam.

porban
18-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi to all and thanks so far!

As I proposed, I purchased what I beleive to be an authentic 12 month sub to UPC Direct (through that internet site) together with a original cryptoworks CAM but I cannot get anything through the humax 5400 (which had previously worked with digit tv on nagra 2). Both seem to be OK when I look at the system settings (with my limited knowledge) but unfortunately nothing registers (actually still my old digitv settings do) when I do a full system scan (which takes about 2 hours - should it?).

Any ideas? If there is anyone local to Nottm, I will happily make it worth their while? (Maybe Bentex TV or Sat Paul?).

Cheers
Peter

Bentex
19-08-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi Peter.

The only thing I can think of is the version of the CAM might not be compatible. I recall a few years ago I had a pentacard to watch UPC. The cam I bought didn't work with the pentacard. I have no idea if certain cams don't work with an official sub.

The version of the cam I have that works is 1.15.

Where are you in Nottingham?

Bentex
19-08-2010, 03:54 AM
btw, are you sure you're trying the UPC channels and not the Digi channels?

Here are the UPC frequencies http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/upcthor.html
Best to scan them manually.

porban
19-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Cheers to all. Now all sorted, after using Humbox to upload the UPC Bouquet (as the auto scan didn't capture anything for some reason). Here's hoping for a quiet 12 months ofsubscription viewing.

Bentex
20-08-2010, 04:06 AM
Glad you got it sorted Peter. Jó szórakozás ;)

Vinceb
03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Thor 1.0w DIGI TV Nagra2 appears still broadcasting on Sport Klub Hungary. Does anyone know latest keys
Thank you vinceb

carolina
27-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Same UPC card should work with UPC package from Astra