PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 5300 etc USB recording

dragonmeister
07-08-2010, 09:33 PM
I have been using a couple of TM1500s for a while and was recording by connecting to my PC . I have recently acquired a TM5300D and have attached a USB HDD. Recording is no problem and I can convert AVI/MPG files to .ts using OJOsoft total video converter and transfer them to the usb drive.
I can edit the recordings when the usb hdd is connected to my pc and can set up directories which the tm recognises, but there does not appear to be any way of creating directories directly on the TM5300D.
Is this the case or does anyone know how to do it?

Giga
08-08-2010, 07:02 AM
looks that way, if it works like the 6900 TM makes only directories for the recording with the channel info of that stream in the default folder Records. Can you play the .TS on your TM5300D? If not use this one that changes .TS back to .TRP:
CT Movie Maker (.TS 2 .TRP) (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135344) <= click here

dragonmeister
08-08-2010, 10:19 AM
.TS is the native extension for the 5300 so all my files play OK. Technomate changed it to .trp in later models I think though they appear to be the same format.
I have used CT Movie Maker as it creates an index file but then have to change the main file back to .TS.
Sorry if I did not understand but are you saying the 6900 makes its own directories as the 5300 does not appear to make any directories at all.

Giga
08-08-2010, 10:36 AM
\
_\Records
__\STREAM-0 @055438_28MAR2010
each recorded stream gets its own directory
rename .TS to .TRP is not always working: small differences, have not looked deeper in to this.

dragonmeister
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the info.
Seems I will just have to continue to edit by PC. Still it is easier to rename recordings rather than the virtual keyboard on the TM and I can edit recordings e.g. remove adverts etc.
Have not had any problems yet in renaming file extensions.
Incidentally, Gom player plays .ts files without any conversion.

philips
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Just to add to Dragonmeister's post above:

Previously I could open .ts files from the Technomate with GOM player but can't with ver 2,1,26,5021 - even installing the codec from the GOM site doesn't help.

VLC player opens .ts files but again it seems to be version sensitive - can't open with ver 1.1.1 but OK with ver 1.1.2.

Giga
10-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Not sure on this, if you're running windows: Micro$oft have done many updates lately perhaps they changed something codec, how to handle, ... With the updates they always remove software from your computer they deem as dangerous. Can't put my finger on it, but did notice different behaviour with these MPEG-TS streams.