PDA

View Full Version : Encrypted channels

Chrome
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Hi all

If I may start in say I'm sorry if this is a really daft question or if it's been covered; I have been searching around but have had no luck... Also, I'm a complete novice when it comes to any kind of satellite stuff

OK, here goes: My boss has Sky and has fully paid for Sports package for his premises (at an atronomical price)... The STB he has is the Icecrypt S2000C... Now, he's been told (by an 'expert') that the box should be able to be upgraded (or similar) to receive the encrypted channels without the CI card

Is there any truth to this at all? I've always thought that a card was required

If it helps I'm in the UK and the STB is on Intelsat 10

Again, please bear in mind this is legitimate; everything is paid for (I'm not asking for true hacking techniques)

Thanks in advance

Dan

echelon
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
the sky box cannot be upgraded or hacked , and the card cannot either , if that is what you are asking ?

as for the icecrypt , that can only put out what he gest from his card if he used it in the icecrypt , so nothing extra to be gained there either

the only other method is use a C line from somebody else with a card that has more than he does , which is called cs for short ( c*rd sh*ring ) and that requires some pc abilities or hacking abilities , never mind somebody willing to share their card , whatever card that may be

check the dreambox sections or google for info on cs , with cccam or newcamd

Chrome
11-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi

No not CS or anything like that... As I say it's all paid for (subscription)... All I really know is what the boss told me and that's that the guy said he could set the STB to receive the paid-for, but encrpyted, channels without need for the card

At the time he said he couldn't perform the upgrade because the Wifi was too far away (which is odd because a: no it isn't; I set it up and b: the S2000C has no networking capabilities)

Apparently he made some mention of USB but he's conveniently just gone on holiday leaving me (the technical dogsbody) in the driving seat, but my experience doesn't run to satellite equipment knowledge

I'm tempted to call BS on what this guy is saying because it all sounds a little suspect to me

Dan

echelon
11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
if he is using the net or lan or router or wifi then its using cs , as it can be done on the s4000 so I assume if the s2000 has networking capabilities it can possibly be done on that one too

if it has no networking capabilities then its not possible

and without cs its not possible either

Chrome
17-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi

Sorry for taking so long to reply... The boss has actually called Sky to get it sorted (something we all said he should've in the first place)

Thanks for your replies!

Dan