just got my 7000hd this morning still trying to figure it ouy
could someone pleast tell me what the loopthrough connection is for please
and waht it does ...[thanks in kindness:cheers2:

hooley
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
just got my 7000hd this morning still trying to figure it ouy
could someone pleast tell me what the loopthrough connection is for please
and waht it does ...[thanks in kindness:cheers2:

So you can connect another box in a different room. You can only watch channels from the same transponder.

veron57
12-08-2010, 02:43 PM
On the 2nd receiver (connected via loop through), it is only possible to tune to the same frequency band (high or low) as the first tuner and the same polarity (horizontal or vertical).

Giga
12-08-2010, 03:59 PM
IMPORTANT: in most cases the last receiver issuing a command will control diseqc switch or dish motor. Resulting in interrupting the program on the other receiver if in use.

mister-t
12-08-2010, 04:36 PM
On the 2nd receiver (connected via loop through), it is only possible to tune to the same frequency band (high or low) as the first tuner and the same polarity (horizontal or vertical).

sorry my friend but that is wrong,turn off the non loopthrough reciever
and second receiver can get any frequency or polarity.that the dish is pointing at.

mister-t

veron57
12-08-2010, 05:01 PM

sorry my friend but that is wrong,turn off the non loopthrough reciever
and second receiver can get any frequency or polarity.that the dish is pointing at.

mister-t

It's ok, It's always a learning curve for me :)

But, it is true if receiver1 is still powered on I think
Not sure specifically about spiderbox but I think this is otherwise normal behaviour.

mister-t
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
It's ok, It's always a learning curve for me :)

But, it is true if receiver1 is still powered on I think
Not sure specifically about spiderbox but I think this is otherwise normal behaviour.

yes if receiver 1 is still powered on then you are correct,but if receiver 1 is in standbye then receiver 2 can view all transpnders frequencies
and yes we all have to learn and i am still learning even after 20yrs or so of being into this game

mister-t

comber
12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
cheers thanks guys ,complicated box
but some nice channels

Thom
26-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Just to clarify, say both boxes on and first box watching footy with card, would the second box be able to watch another football channel on the same transponder without a card?

echelon
26-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Just to clarify, say both boxes on and first box watching footy with card, would the second box be able to watch another football channel on the same transponder without a card?

only if the card is being shared locally over the lan , or the second box channel was fta

so its all ifs and buts

lets assume the first box is on and watching ss1 , and the second box is on the same transponder and freq on say ss2 , then providing the card is shared over homeplus or newcamd , or providing the second gets what is needed from the net , then both boxes will work even though they are on different channels

so the first carded box gets anything it can decode , and the second gets whatever it can decode , PROVIDING its on the same H or V as the primary box , and PROVIDING its on the same HI or LO as the primary box as well

so the second box has to satisfy 3 requirements for it to work on the loopthrough , which are decoding , high or low band , and V or H polarity as well

mister-t
26-08-2010, 02:04 PM

should see no reason why not

mister-t

Thom
26-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the replies, I think some experimentation is required.