PDA

View Full Version : Poor picture quality with new cam

damaan
14-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Has anyone got any suggestions?
I managed yesterday (with help from the forum) to set up my tivusat smarcam in my Technomate TM-1500 CI+ super Satellite Receiver. When I did this, it was raining at the time and thought nothing of the poor picture quality which occurs when it is raining. In the evening when it had stopped raining the quality of the picture was the same. I removed the cam and the picture (on free to air channels) was perfect. I put the cam back in and the picture quality became poor again (just like when it is raining). Hence the cam in some way is effecting the picture quality. I am using an 80cm dish with 0.3dB monoblock lnb. The signal strength is c.a. 75%.
Is the signal strength too high or too low? Is the monoblock a problem? I use a dragon cam in my Technomate TM-1500 and it does not effect the picture quality. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Mickha
14-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Is your TM 1500 patched or using original firmware? If patched try turning the patch off.
Is the Tivusat card paired with a receiver, so it only works in an official receiver or this cam?
Can you test the cam/card in any other receiver, a friends, or someone from the forum who lives near to you?
It might be worth contacting your supplier and see if they have any information regarding your problem, or trying a google search to see if it's a known problem.
It could just be that you have a dodgy cam which might need to be tested by your supplier.

damaan
14-08-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks Mickha for the reply. My TM 1500 is patched. How do I turn off the patch?
I bought the cam/card in Italy so going back to the supplier is difficult. I don't believe that the card is paired to the receiver as it is an offical tivusat cam (infact the cards work in spiderboxes and diablo cams). I will also try to find another receiver. But it not any settings in the receiver?
Thanks.

Is your TM 1500 patched or using original firmware? If patched try turning the patch off.
Is the Tivusat card paired with a receiver, so it only works in an official receiver or this cam?
Can you test the cam/card in any other receiver, a friends, or someone from the forum who lives near to you?
It might be worth contacting your supplier and see if they have any information regarding your problem, or trying a google search to see if it's a known problem.
It could just be that you have a dodgy cam which might need to be tested by your supplier.

damaan
14-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Managed to switch patch off but no change.
The problem is definiately the smarcam and not the smartcard as inserting the cam without the card changes the picture quality and then removing brings back the good quality picture.
Any other ides anyone?
Thanks.:frown:

Mickha
14-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Only testing the cam in other receivers, probably best done by your supplier.
Can you access the Cam, using the options in your TM 1500 menu? There might be some settings you can adjust in there.
As I have no access to that type of cam it's impossible to check, in my receivers, hopefully a fellow subscriber will notice the thread and report on their cam/card combination.
Is the card paired or will it work directly in a receiver or other cam?
I seem to remember the Diablo team producing a file for the Tivusat card but I could be mistaken.

parabolic
14-08-2010, 08:52 PM
I own the same CAM and have exactly the same problem with my TM 1500. I've tested with a different receiver and tha CAM works without problems. That means it's a Tecnomate issue.If you have the latest Phanthome patch installed , you can use the internal card slot. This works fine.

damaan
15-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks ********* for your information! Could you please tell me where I can find the latest Phanthome patch? I have googled it but can't find anything!
Thanks.

I own the same CAM and have exactly the same problem with my TM 1500. I've tested with a different receiver and tha CAM works without problems. That means it's a Tecnomate issue.If you have the latest Phanthome patch installed , you can use the internal card slot. This works fine.

TonyO
15-08-2010, 11:32 AM
its in the TM 1000 firmware section, latest is 311 I believe.

damaan
15-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for that Tony! Can you load this patch using the Darkman TMLoader 187 or do I need a diffferent loader?
Thanks once again!

its in the TM 1000 firmware section, latest is 311 I believe.