PDA

View Full Version : Problem with TM5400ci+usb

baillie996
15-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Hi! Bought the above a couple of years ago and had no problem updating on TM maker 1.4 but can't get now't anymore and the guy who sold it me (a member) ignores my requests for any help. I can't even get FTA or FTV apart from the BBC stream ! I'm no technophobe so any help in laymans terms would be appreciated. Think I got the I'll take your money then can't be bothered after that bloke. Have I bought a pig in a poke system or am I not on the right planet ????? Thanks for looking:confused:

Mickha
15-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry baillie996,
but if you bought this system a couple of years ago, I think you've had your moneys worth by now.

And surely you must have learned to use the receiver, to scan channels and add satellites.

You wont get any FTV channels, what few there are, without a new white subscription card, the old ones should have died by now.

Do you have a motorized dish?
If so just go to the satellite you want to view the FTA channels on and scan them in.
Check lyngsat for a full listing of FTA channels on your available satellites.

There are still a few scrambled channels you should be able to open, with the latest softcam, including ESPN classic and a Disney channel on 9E and 2 MGM channels on 10e all with English commentary, as well as all the FTA channels on 28E.

satpaul
15-08-2010, 08:10 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=743097#post74309 7

baillie996
15-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your input but don't think you grasped the fact that I am not a technophobe . If you buy an electrical product or otherwise do you only expect it to last a couple of years ???? If so you must be earning too much money (no disrespect). What happened to customer service or even helping someone out ?

satpaul
15-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Are you getting No EPL or no channels

baillie996
15-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Getting the EPG (No idea about EPL) but everything is scrambled . Can't even get Central TV, everything was working fine up to a month ago then zilch . (If I was an expert I'd be selling them not buying them)

satpaul
15-08-2010, 08:54 PM
ITV Central east is scrambled reset box and re scan

baillie996
15-08-2010, 09:25 PM
No disrespect but didn't buy a satellite to get Central TV that is the least of my problems !

hianta
15-08-2010, 09:42 PM
baillie996
If you dont have open channels do a rescan and select the open channels in the fav menu,, If you are only after free view then i would say get a free view- free view sly box, if it channels on 28e ?
Not all that much open these days:frown:
If it a prob with the box you could phone the makers..
These boxes are really for people that like to scan sat's and mess about to see wats open . wat sat's are you after and what packages

Mickha
15-08-2010, 09:43 PM
You bought a satellite system, which only guarantees that the satellite receiver does as advertised, that does not include viewing subscription packages for the rest of your life.

A years subscription to Digi TV would cost as much as your system should have cost you and you've had 2 years free viewing.

This is better than most of us get when buying satellite equipment and I consider you've had good value for money.

You can still get a few channels, and all the FTA channels, just not the expensive subscription channels you had previously, to get them you need to invest in a new receiver or buy a subscription.

Have a read around the forum their are lots of new products available.

Plessy
15-08-2010, 10:33 PM
I had to read this Slowly cause there are underling issues here.......

Hi! Bought the above a couple of years ago and had no problem updating on TM maker 1.4 but can't get now't anymore

Firstly TM maker ???? Did you mean "Loader" i.e. Using Serial (RS232) Why do this when it has USB ?

Did you download and install these patches and keys your self ?

"and the guy who sold it me (a member) ignores my requests for any help."

Every member within this forum is entitled to privacy so Private Mes****ng may be interpreted by some as annoying.

"can't even get FTA or FTV apart from the BBC stream ! "

I get ALL FTA on Astra 28 And; Admittedly a little less as a result of Thor Changing to Nagra 3 Encryption a while back but its not completely dead as of yet cause you can still run this STB connected to your PC to view what is the equivalent to Thor and Bulsat 39'e....

"I'm no technophobe so any help in laymans terms would be appreciated."

"Think I got the I'll take your money then can't be bothered after that bloke."

Well then I am sorry if you feel that a couple of years down the road,The Box is Dead what do I do ? .

Mine isn't and the near one hundred euros I parted with back then has taught me lots about Satellite TV.

"Have I bought a pig in a poke system or am I not on the right planet ????? Thanks for looking:confused:"

The Piggy's a bit older but Not on the plate yet !

I would do a bit more reading in the Technomate sub forum to see what is currently opening

Regards: Plessy

baillie996
16-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi my apologies to anyone who felt insulted it wasn't meant to be, when the system was fitted the installer loaded Technomate maker onto my computer to download updates via a USB stick which I have done on a regular basis without any problems until recently. I therefore asked the installer subsequently if my system was no longer capable of receiving the channels previously watched and only received a message to surf the satpimps site for the information. My apologies again for any sarcasm but the site is like negotiating a minefield blindfolded and never realised owning a satellite system was such a black art and therefore asked for help and yes I know I posted in the wrong section and had my knuckles rapped to boot . Looks like I'll have to ask santa for the latest all singing and dancing one ! Any suggestions Regards baillie996

Plessy
16-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi baille996.:respect-050:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi my apologies to anyone who felt insulted it wasn't meant to be,

No insult was taken what so ever from your request..... It's hard sometimes to judge the capabilities of the end user...

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes the thread can go off in all directions only further complicating the issue, which leaves those requiring help and those trying to help even further frustrated.
when the system was fitted the installer loaded Technomate maker onto my computer to download updates via a USB stick which I have done on a regular basis without any problems until recently.
OK from this,,,,you have answered many questions so now we can assume you were updating the SoftCam files using USB method.

I therefore asked the installer subsequently if my system was no longer capable of receiving the channels previously watched and only received a message to surf the satpimps site for the information.
Best Advice you received !:congratulations-008
My apologies again for any sarcasm but the site is like negotiating a minefield blindfolded and never realised owning a satellite system was such a black art and therefore asked for help and yes I know I posted in the wrong section and had my knuckles rapped to boot .

--------------------------------------------------------------
The problem a lot of the time, is what people don't realise is that all the information is there, but you need to read through everything related to your receiver,

What I would recommend you do is download the latest patch for your receiver here:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136859

and select the first on from the list of two.. Thanks to Giga.:king-041:

You didn't mention what kind if dish/dishes you have i.e Size and if It is Motorised?

If for instance you have a motorised dish you would hopefully be able to point it at hellassat 39'E and view the Bulsat package, like Digi TV of late.. this can be achieved by reading here: Thanks to ^^COMPASS^^:king-041:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132425

Looks like I'll have to ask santa for the latest all singing and dancing one ! Any suggestions Regards baillie996

Well I haven't got a LINUX based Box yet, But I hear that they are the way to go,,,, I would also read up about these box's too as some are more complicated than others, So its not so much a "BLACK ART" depending upon your willingness to learn....

All the Best with the Christmas stocking solution,,,,,

Plessy

Mickha
16-08-2010, 11:04 PM
There are still a few channels you can watch, depending on the size of your dish, and general location.
If you can get 9E and 10E then there are 2 English MGM channels open on 10E and a Disney channel and ESPN Classics on 9E.
Add to that there are some FTA channels on 26E that show some good programming, English sountrack but Arabic subtitles.
Equally there are some good FTA channels, especially the German ones on 19E, which show Champions Leagues games as well as some English FA Cup games.
Also watch out for feeds posted on the site, sometimes you can get some good sports feeds.

Plessy
17-08-2010, 12:09 AM
There are still a few channels you can watch, depending on the size of your dish, and general location.
If you can get 9E and 10E then there are 2 English MGM channels open on 10E and a Disney channel and ESPN Classics on 9E.
Add to that there are some FTA channels on 26E that show some good programming, English sountrack but Arabic subtitles.
Equally there are some good FTA channels, especially the German ones on 19E, which show Champions Leagues games as well as some English FA Cup games.
Also watch out for feeds posted on the site, sometimes you can get some good sports feeds.

Was A Big Fan of BR-alpha 19.2 12.265H 27.495 years back with the "Space Night" package after midnight... Still Shows now sometimes with various instrumental sound tracks with high quality audio......

happy dayz indeed........:respect-062:

:rant::king-041:

Mickha
17-08-2010, 09:13 AM
I used to watch DSF, now Sports 1, a lot, they had some interesting sports that I'd never seen before, like 3 cushion billiards, on a table without any pockets.
It was fun, viewing these channels, in the early days, when not a lot was available.

Plessy
18-08-2010, 12:48 AM
I used to watch DSF, now Sports 1, a lot, they had some interesting sports that I'd never seen before, like 3 cushion billiards, on a table without any pockets.
It was fun, viewing these channels, in the early days, when not a lot was available.

:)

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from timeless worlds of space, No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized, as someone with a microscope ................. Yeah the old 33 record is scratched so I just tested the old Inkel with the even older CD Player and what do ya know......It Still Works !:respect-applause-00