PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Developer projects

jacksback
17-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi there everyone.

I would like to know if there is a thread somewhere that shows what developers are currently working on? I'm not a developer myself but desperately need a working EPG so was going to speak to some of my friends who know C++ to see if we can get the Rytec EPG plugin coded/ported.

I obviously don't want to do this if there is already a project started, and I specifically need the Rytec plugin because there are working xmltv feeds for my satellite provider available online.

Thanks

ColdAsICE
18-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm testing firmware with OpenTV EPG option built in like the MHW is in the present version. It has been in development for awhile now and it is working but only on limited amount of channels at present. Once they have cleared the memory problem it should be ready for release.

jacksback
18-08-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm testing firmware with OpenTV EPG option built in like the MHW is in the present version. It has been in development for awhile now and it is working but only on limited amount of channels at present. Once they have cleared the memory problem it should be ready for release.

Awesome news.

Thank you so much.

stubs
19-08-2010, 02:37 PM
ColdAsICE, any idea on how long it will be until a public release of this firmware?
I recently flashed my box with E2 to try and get a 14-day EPG running, but to be honest I'm very disappointed in the look and feel of the box since. I much prefer the standard firmware skins and controls, it's much more fluent. It also seems to be very laggy running E2.

I'm desperate to move back to standard firmware, but don't want to go without a decent working EPG

reboot
27-08-2010, 12:38 AM
The latest release has the OpenTv EPG option but I think its still a work in progress.

buck401
24-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Itīs been very quiet on Icecrypt s4000 for some time. Hopefully the developers are
beavering away on a new f/w and plugins. Some news would be appreciated.

ColdAsICE
27-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Don't worry they are still working on it I can assure you.
There are a few Issues with the amount of channels and memory mapping which is causing a few headaches.

ManikM
27-09-2010, 12:13 PM
thats good news.

cheers CAI