PDA

View Full Version : goodbye diablo hello spider900hd

chippy
17-08-2010, 05:44 PM
the diablo was excellent after i finally worked it all out. but things move on and i am now going to move on to the spiderbox 900hd. i have read as much as i can about the box, but i am still searching for the answers to some questions. so if someone could please help me i would be gratefull. the spiderbox connects straight my router via a ethernet cable? what is the first patch that needs to be loaded then . what comes after re patches that need to be loaded. the patches are loaded onto a usb stick, what program do i need to open the patches i.e rar. and where do you reccommend i get the program? sorry about the rambling. thanks for any help you can give. im sure i will be asking quite often. chippy.:001_07:

Mickha
17-08-2010, 05:58 PM
.rar is merely a file compression software and can be opened using winrar or 7 zip, both available off the internet.

Once opened you simply load the latest patch onto your Spiderbox usining a USB pen device formatted in Fat 32.

This is so easy you wont believe it.

The Spiderbox even comes with a USB extension cable, for easy access.

Once you have the patch loaded on your USB stick connect it to your Spiderbox, go into the Spiderbox menu and select USB, then just click on the patch and follow the instructions.

After the receiver re-boots go back into the Menu and select Network, there you can register Service + and NeuvoXstream, again you wont believe how easy the process is.

chippy
17-08-2010, 06:32 PM
thanks micha for your quick reply. i have not heard of fat 32 before. where do i get that from?

john.dat
17-08-2010, 06:35 PM
D/Load the patch onto your PC - put USB stick into your PC and copy the patch across to the USB stick, ensure it is un-rar'd or unzipped first .Having done that, remove USB stick and plug it into the SpiderBox - go to menu and select USB and upload the file - you may wish to upload a channel listing to save you scanning all the sats in yourself, follow the same method as above (BillyBits does a good chann' listing on another well known sat' site)

Have a look in the Spiderbox section here, there should be an EASY guide to Installing your box + The Gift Patch + maybe a channel listing - you need to read and if you get stuck, ask a question - Up and running should take no more than an hour or less :biggrinjester:

john.dat
17-08-2010, 06:41 PM
thanks micha for your quick reply. i have not heard of fat 32 before. where do i get that from?

Its a Format used for a Hard Disk or Memory Stick - most common formats being NTFS or FAT 32 for the S/Box, Memory Stick needs formatting to a FAT 32