PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Spiderbox

chopper1
17-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi guys,
I've given up on the D2 cam now and am going to buy the spiderbox. Do both the HD 7000 and HD 9000 have the same specs and channels except the 7000 has no cam slots? do they both use the same software/files, and what type of lead do i need to connect from the router to spiderbox, is it posssible to buy a long lead approx 5-6 metres long.
Finally what packages are open at present especially for Pl football, films and ****, and is the free gift C+ on thor still available.
many thanks, C

echelon
17-08-2010, 08:34 PM
firstly you can find info on the packages open in the various spiderbox forums here , especially the gift channels , and it uses the spiderbox softcam usually posted by brutus too

in general the 7000 uses the same files as the 9000 , but the recent patches were model specific so always check first

the 7000 has no ci slot , no rf modulator output , and only 1 scart socket , and is physically smaller than the 9000

so same channel files , same softcam , mostly uses the same patches until now ,

ethernet cable is required and you can buy them very cheaply on e bay , 5 metre , 10 metre etc

chopper1
18-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks Echelon, i ordered mine today along with 10 M ethernet cable, looking forward to receiving all the new channels.

soaposat
18-08-2010, 08:08 PM
also instead of a long ethernet cable running round the house u can buy 7000 or 9000 with home plugs for ur ethernet problem

chopper1
21-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks guys,
the box has arrived early this morning and is very compact, first question is do i replace the 2 pin plug with a standard british 3 pin plug and what size of fuse in amps do need?.
thanks.

Giga
21-08-2010, 08:40 AM
don't you have a Universal to UK Travel Adapter?
http://www.trans-way.net/images/Others/WP-7-s.jpg

echelon
21-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys,
the box has arrived early this morning and is very compact, first question is do i replace the 2 pin plug with a standard british 3 pin plug and what size of fuse in amps do need?.
thanks.

3 amp fuse should be fine , but cutting off the euro plug could invalidate the warranty if you had to send it back

ideally you should have got a euro to uk mains plug adapter that screws onto that euro plug and converts it into a 3 pin uk plug , very cheap to buy from many shops here in the uk

and it should be fused at 3 amp , and no more than 5 amp if you havent a 3 amp

so I would use a converter plug with 3 amp adapter , which is what is on mine here

An adaptor that turns a moulded european 2-pin 'flat' plug into a fitted UK 13 amp plug. The european 2-pin 'flat' plug fits securely into position. The casing is then clipped shut and the screw tightened. A neat product that allows an electrical item with a european 2-pin 'flat' plug to be used safely in a UK 13 amp socket.

chopper1
21-08-2010, 10:37 AM
thanks great stuff, i found an adapter which the 2 pin can plug in to but do not need to open or close the casing? just tighten the screw, and its 3 amp

Will the quality or performance be effected of my RJ45 ethernet cable from router to receiver which is 10 metres long and i only need 4 metres length or does the length not matter as i will have a lot extra?

echelon
21-08-2010, 10:51 AM
doesnt really matter up to about say 25 metres

4 to 10 metres is fine , and you can buy cheap 5 and 7 metre ones on flea bay easily enough anyway