PDA

View Full Version : Coax from DM 800

dman
18-08-2010, 11:41 AM
I have a friend who has an DM 800 and he wants to send picture and sound from it to a second TV in his house, he was wondering if he could use the already wired coax cable which was put in for an old box instead of changing to a broadband type cable, if he can which converter should he use, or is it cheaper for him to buy a video sender instead (he has a large house and the distance from the DM 800 to his second TV could be 150 to 200 feet)

Giga
18-08-2010, 12:09 PM
is there not an RF out? could use that to go to second TV.

dman
18-08-2010, 02:06 PM
No there is no RF out in this box

mark666
18-08-2010, 02:19 PM
have a look or search for a rf modulator,probably the cheapest option m8

echelon
18-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I would definitely look for the console to rf adapters as sold on flea bay , and provide a composite or scart input to the said adapter from the sat box , then feed the coaxial based modulated rf output on a free channel between rf21 and rf69 to the second tv , and tune the 2nd tv into it

alternatively use an old vcr to do the same trick

scallywag
18-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Don't forget to rell him he wont be able to watch hd thro the coax:respect-048:

echelon
18-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Don't forget to rell him he wont be able to watch hd thro the coax:respect-048:

it will send the RGB or composite SD version though

so if you have sly sports 1 HD on the main tv in HD , the coax version is in SD to the 2nd tv

dman
18-08-2010, 03:22 PM
Thats great guys even think he has an old VCR nearby will find out in few days when I see him again

scallywag
18-08-2010, 06:52 PM
it will send the RGB or composite SD version though

so if you have sly sports 1 HD on the main tv in HD , the coax version is in SD to the 2nd tv

Cheers I nver knew that.

uksparx
19-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Get a HDMI spliiter and run an HDMI to second tv

Giga
20-08-2010, 09:29 AM
if distance allows that, and splitters do cause sometimes HDMI ports to close while talking to each other. In the longterm: a 2nd receiver with its own lnb. You can watch what you want on each telly what you want. This is the way I did go. No longer discussions with the wife, what to view: either watch separately or record on one box and view items together.

echelon
20-08-2010, 09:47 AM
agree with giga on this one , use a twin or quad lnb , run a second coax to the second location , along with an ethernet cable from your router , and set things up so either box can view whatever is required , and the ethernet can be used to provide multiroom facilities where possible , but each box is given its own feed

dman
20-08-2010, 10:47 AM
if distance allows that, and splitters do cause sometimes HDMI ports to close while talking to each other. In the longterm: a 2nd receiver with its own lnb. You can watch what you want on each telly what you want. This is the way I did go. No longer discussions with the wife, what to view: either watch separately or record on one box and view items together.
I did advise him to get a second box a cheap clone 500 maybe and fine for the bedroom I told him, but then I said he would need to get a new lnb and run an ethernet cable (or homeplug) and coax cable to it also then he got :puke::respect-050: I do agree with yourself and echelon there really there is only one way to do this and thats to get a second box https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif