PDA

View Full Version : spider900 patches?

chippy
18-08-2010, 05:09 PM
when my spider arrives, and im trying to get it up and running,. i have read that i need to install the latest patch or even all of the patches. could somebody please tell me what the correct answer is. if it is all of the patches roughly how many would that be? and which ones? can you put the patches onto the usb in one go and install in one operation? or is each patch one only operation ? otherwise if i have to load say 10 patches this could take a long time. not that i mind. its just all a bit daunting at the mo. im sorry for stupid questions, but i do appreciate your help.

soaposat
18-08-2010, 05:15 PM
asked same question earlier about my 5000 sd which i get 2morrow echelon says check system info on machine then all patches in order from date of system info chippy

chippy
18-08-2010, 05:21 PM
thanks for reply soaposat. im hoping that somebody will answer the other questions as well. goodluck with your box 2morrow. i will be looking out for any q+a that could be helpfull to us all.

soaposat
18-08-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah 1 at a time chippy and reboot machine every time unfortunately

soaposat
18-08-2010, 05:26 PM
echelon post to me chippy

check the date on it in system info

then load the patches in date order after that initial date , rebooting each time

chris-k
18-08-2010, 05:43 PM
only load the latest gift patch for your model :respect-049:
it contains all previous updates.:seeya:

Satcat
18-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I read this on another forum.

Quote.

The latest patch in this section is the one with the latest date and will appear at the top of the section.
It supersedes all earlier patches and has all previous improvements included.
There is no need to load an earlier pacth.

echelon
18-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I read this on another forum.

Quote.

The latest patch in this section is the one with the latest date and will appear at the top of the section.
It supersedes all earlier patches and has all previous improvements included.
There is no need to load an earlier pacth.

good info m8

but if in doubt my method of updating by date after date after date will also work

as for the usb stick , make a folder on it called say spider9000 , then make sub folders with appropriate names like firmware 1 , firmware 2 , etc

and make folders like channel list , backups , softcams , and anything else

copy and paste all your files to the appropriate folders first , so they are all on the stick

then use it as required , simple as that

chippy
18-08-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks very much thats very useful. getting excited now.

johnhenry
18-08-2010, 06:41 PM
I agree forum doing excellent job just need to know now after reading several posts mostly from echelon about backing up your data on to a usb stick, things like your settings and channel list but after trawling through many past post's cant find imformation on how to do this backing up of data from your receiver. Can anybody explain the process. Best johnhenry.

echelon
18-08-2010, 06:46 PM
select usb and goto the backup folder you have made on your stick

then check the bottom of the screen and it says data and green button

press green and you can choose to save channel file or save the lot , I do both and you get 2 files , each with a different suffix

if you backup your channel data I use the channel backup folder I have made and just backup the channel data

its on page 23 of the user manual you have NOT yet read ;)

RABBY
18-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Never Really Had Problem for a long Time?? Everything seems to Work ?? Iff you have a problem [ Switch OFF Your Receiver ] For About 10 seconds , Switch Back on [ WAIT ] On a Scrambled Channel ?? Pictures Should Appear on your TV:respect-055: