PDA

View Full Version : port forwarding problem

joany
19-08-2010, 12:19 PM
i'm trying out cs at the moment. After getting it working it stopped working after about a week. Cannot connect to server.

On checking port forwarding from a link on the internet it tells me my port is blocked.

Is anybody aware of talktalk blocking ports .

thanks in advance.

Giga
19-08-2010, 12:33 PM
@joany,

when you're client (TM6000 HD Super) normally you don't port forward! Only server needs to.
Do you have access to your router?
Did your C S provider changed ports?

echelon
19-08-2010, 12:45 PM
i'm trying out cs at the moment. After getting it working it stopped working after about a week. Cannot connect to server.

On checking port forwarding from a link on the internet it tells me my port is blocked.

Is anybody aware of talktalk blocking ports .

thanks in advance.

as giga says , for reception you dont need to forward the port and in any case your box wont open it unless its sending out anyway

so yes the net will confirm your port is blocked by your router anyway

Giga
19-08-2010, 01:00 PM
have switched 8 2 8 1 back on after loading patch or cs info.txt: these switch off 8 2 8 1

joany
19-08-2010, 01:11 PM
My first thought was that my provider had changed something but i have since got a test account from somehere else and cant connect there either.

even if port forwarding is not required for cs can the isp still block access to ports?

echelon
19-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I suppose its possible but I find it unlikely as they dont really know which ports to block

my thoughts are that its something at your end , that you have done or not done

or its a problem with your patch if you have changed it ?

worth checking the last giga reply about the 8281 being required as well

FENEKI
19-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Hi m8

i put the latesd form Phantompatch-TM6900HDSuper_729p and CS More strain on their server than normal patch my person i conneted to server he said to me sence you put the new one you been 5 times server ban list lucky that i know the person becouse he said to me like you are login 2 resevers with one line are you geting the same problem with this new

normal patch 726p back again and its ok

joany
19-08-2010, 01:20 PM
have switched 8 2 8 1 back on after loading patch or cs info.txt: these switch off 8 2 8 1

I dont really understand gig.

i did push the cs info. by mistake. what does this do and how to undo it??

Giga
19-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I dont really understand gig.

i did push the cs info. by mistake. what does this do and how to undo it??
it only writes the info back to receiver in this process it disconnects the server lines: 8 2 8 1 as you would use the green button and disconnect, pressing red button would connect again.

look @FENEKI message, revert to previous and see if that helps?

joany
19-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I never changed the version. i have reinstalled the firmware (726p) but still cannot connect to any of 3 server lines I have.

snakie
19-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Joany:
Try to make a traceroute from your pc to the hostname of the server:
if using xp go to start - run - type cmd and press enter.
In the command window type lets say tracert Server.blabla.info and press enter.
Then wait until it finishes and see if you have timeouts or if the timing is going up a lot.
If while tracerouting you see many * * * then the traffic is blocked in some nodes.

If all ok then you can check if the port on server is open and listening:
again start - run - cmd and this time type telnet server.blabla.info 34000
where of course you will change to the correct hostname and correct port used on the lines you have.
If when press enter after sometime you see some ascii ( weird characters) then the port is listening and all ok from server side.

joany
19-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Joany:
Try to make a traceroute from your pc to the hostname of the server:
if using xp go to start - run - type cmd and press enter.
In the command window type lets say tracert Server.blabla.info and press enter.
Then wait until it finishes and see if you have timeouts or if the timing is going up a lot.
If while tracerouting you see many * * * then the traffic is blocked in some nodes.

If all ok then you can check if the port on server is open and listening:
again start - run - cmd and this time type telnet server.blabla.info 34000
where of course you will change to the correct hostname and correct port used on the lines you have.
If when press enter after sometime you see some ascii ( weird characters) then the port is listening and all ok from server side.

tracert is ok but the dos box (win vista) does not recognise the telnet command

echelon
19-08-2010, 02:04 PM
tracert is ok but the dos box (win vista) does not recognise the telnet command

just tried it in win7 and that was the same

but he did mention using xp for this ;)

FENEKI
19-08-2010, 02:24 PM
@Joany m8

that line is not working any more maybe becare full were you get the test line from beoucse might be fake.

1) tell your server to chang your line for an new one

2) try to do factory reset from rear for about 2 minutes

3)then put this normal patch 726p

4)after patch add-on.

sorry for my bad Language not that good in english thats why i dont help to much here m8.

joany
19-08-2010, 02:30 PM
@Joany m8

that line is not working any more maybe becare full were you get the test line from beoucse might be fake.

1) tell your server to chang your line for an new one

2) try to do factory reset from rear for about 2 minutes

3)then put this normal patch 726p

4)after patch add-on.

sorry for my bad Language not that good in english thats why i dont help to much here m8.

but won't I have to set all the satellites up again??

FENEKI
19-08-2010, 02:34 PM
better you ask Giga he knows more about the problie about the chanalls how to do it thats why i allways say thankyou to giga beoucse any bit of problie hes allways there to help m8.

snakie
19-08-2010, 02:39 PM
In case someone wants to install telnet on vista :
h++p://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1793/vista_install_telnet_client/

snakie
19-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Ah, if you want also to validate your line directly from the pc then you can use fausto to let it connect on the remote server.
In faustoclient.cfg you will transform your C line to an F line ( F line is the flag for fausto to use the cccam protocol) and then you can check it out if it connects and receive shares.

joany
19-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Ah, if you want also to validate your line directly from the pc then you can use fausto to let it connect on the remote server.
In faustoclient.cfg you will transform your C line to an F line ( F line is the flag for fausto to use the cccam protocol) and then you can check it out if it connects and receive shares.

i just installed telnet on my laptop.
Then telnetted to server and hot about half a dozen symbols displayed then disconnected after maybe 5 seconds.

does this sound like Its accessible?