PDA

View Full Version : Boxes stuck in booting - English step guide needed

slegs
19-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I have a few boxes stuck in

"Booting" that i would like to get sorted.

Is there an easy to udnerstand guide on steps of how to diagnose and how to fix. Any guides i have seen so far have been in German or other languages.

Also,can someone point out the exact kit needed for JTAG or serial/parallel connections.

I am technical but not an engineer so if soldering or making cables are involved then some guidance is needed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

heyhey
01-09-2010, 04:18 AM
Can you not just boot box with plugin.bin on a USB stick and upgrade the firmware?

slegs
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Can you not just boot box with plugin.bin on a USB stick and upgrade the firmware?

No, doesnt work. What i am looking for is the JTAG / Serial guide in english with details on all equipment needed. Willing to pay someone for a reliable guide. Have 15 boxes in this state.

slegs
23-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Now that Enigma 2 is on its way I am keen to sort out a bunch of boxes I have.

If someone can give me what I need above in plain English steps easy to follow I will give the send them an AZBox Elite fixed through their described process at no charge.

PM me if interested (and you know what you are talking about :) ).

happyhammer
23-09-2010, 10:44 AM
have a look at the earlier posts in the Enigma2 thread by The_Ripper. Lots of users had problems with their boxes getting stuck in booting and there are a few posts about using YAMON and/or the DOM to rescue it.

slegs
23-09-2010, 11:56 AM
have a look at the earlier posts in the Enigma2 thread by The_Ripper. Lots of users had problems with their boxes getting stuck in booting and there are a few posts about using YAMON and/or the DOM to rescue it.

Thanks, will do but I have been here before. There are lots of pieces of information around the place, some useful and some not but havent been able to find a clear guide.

dutchmatrix
23-09-2010, 12:22 PM
SLEGS look at this forum its russian but babelfish (replace ***** with ya hoo) translate can help

babelfish.*****.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pristavka. de%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2C6691.0.h tml&lp=ru_en&btnTrUrl=Translate