PDA

View Full Version : error: 0x71 problem ?

ariesboy23
21-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi !
I am new in this forum and i have an icecrypt s400 that's giving me an error: 0x71. Can anybody help me how to fix this and tell me what does this code means ?

chris217
21-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Do you mean S4000?

When are you getting this error?

What are you doing before it happens?

ColdAsICE
25-08-2010, 10:46 AM
The code means a Flash Error. It normally indicates that the firmware is corrupted.
You will have to reload the firmware via the serial port.
Use a null modem lead and serial loader software(Porter)you can find it here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=126655&highlight=porter

aspergian
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM
please help!

this happened to me too :-(
was trying to load new firmware but it froze at 79% for over 2 hours ...
can i use a usb to serial cable, as i don't have serial port on pc?
when i tried porter express, it seemed to recognize the usb-serial connection in the communication port,
but when i tried to download software, it just displayed 'Waiting for Request. Reset Set Top box' ...
i tried turning set top box off and on, but nothing happened...

reboot
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM
USB to serial convertors are tricky devices to set up correctly to do this Job.
It is easier to find a PC with the correct serial port than to find a usb convertor that works.
It has been covered in many threads if you look hard enough.
Some people seem to have done it but I'm not one of them. I keep an old trustly Dell laptop for that very reason.

echelon
12-08-2011, 10:42 PM
USB to serial convertors are tricky devices to set up correctly to do this Job.
It is easier to find a PC with the correct serial port than to find a usb convertor that works.
It has been covered in many threads if you look hard enough.
Some people seem to have done it but I'm not one of them. I keep an old trustly Dell laptop for that very reason.

same here , except my trusty old laptop is an HP , and so is my trusty HP desktop , all with proper fifo com ports

and no I would not trust the usb to serial adapters for a task as important as flashing a box no matter which windows os I was using

however , a suitable laptop or desktop or tower with proper fifo com ports and running xp should do the job ,even an old one off a car boot for a fiver

aspergian
14-08-2011, 08:32 AM
thanks to all who replied... unfortunately have not been able to go far at this stage without the required pc. would love to hear from anyone who has tried running porter express before using a usb-to-serial connection...
---
update: have read in another site about others also having problems with porter express not recognising the set top box. so now looking for other software to try...
---
further update: YES, finally got the usb-to-serial connection working!!! problem was not with porter express, but with the null modem cable. the usb-serial adapter works, and just changed the null modem cable, re-tried porter express - it went sweet! stb now working as before, very pleased :-)

Midnight R
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
further update: YES, finally got the usb-to-serial connection working!!! problem was not with porter express, but with the null modem cable. the usb-serial adapter works, and just changed the null modem cable, re-tried porter express - it went sweet! stb now working as before, very pleased :-)

Wow, thats encouraging!

So how does this work? is it buy a USB-Serial adapter and then connect a null modem cable to the end of that? or is there a particular USB-Serial adapter that will work?

aspergian
09-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Wow, thats encouraging!

So how does this work? is it buy a USB-Serial adapter and then connect a null modem cable to the end of that? or is there a particular USB-Serial adapter that will work?

Hi, I just used a standard USB-serial adapter cable, and then connected the null modem cable to the end of that.