PDA

View Full Version : Patch with USB?

chopper1
24-08-2010, 11:17 PM
I am trying to put my 1st patch on USB, do i click S/W update or S/W + all data update?.
thanks.

john.dat
24-08-2010, 11:20 PM
S/W update ONLY or you'll have big probs ;)

chopper1
24-08-2010, 11:27 PM
i do have big problems, went for the other one!!

mister-t
25-08-2010, 08:41 AM
i do have big problems, went for the other one!!

i think you will be ok.but ask others as well as i might be wrong
factory reset,then load patch.like i said ask other members as well

mister-t

tr8.
25-08-2010, 08:48 AM
DO NOT do a factory reset without having made a note of your Mac code (you need that for gift). I would also note serial number.

hda5
25-08-2010, 10:15 AM
The Spiderbox tutorials in the guides & FAQ section stickies tell you to use S/W Update option.

Selecting software+all data erases all data which means it will erase the gift key from your box mate.

Apply a patch:

Get a USB stick.

Download a patch from here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=579 (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=579)

EXTRACT the file (*.uad) from the rar file and copy it to your USB stick.
You must extract the file using winzip or winrar or a similar program as the rar file on a USB stick will not be of any use to you.

Insert the USB stick into one of the USB ports in your spiderbox.

Go to the Accessory Section of the menu and select USB.

Scroll to the .uad file you have copied there and press OK

In the popup window, select S/W Update

Wait for your box to load the patch.. DO NOT POWER OFF

The box will reboot by itself with the new patch installed.

In the Accessory section of the menu, select "network"

The normal view of the submenu will show
Type: ON (If you see off, scroll sideways to turn the network on)
Network: IP Setup
Home Stream server:

Press 1111 as soon as you enter the network screen

New options will appear below the default options

Type
Network
Server
Home Stream Server
NuevoXstream (if you have a gift patch installed)
Homeplus.

FOR GIFT Channels:

Go to the Server Setup for NuevoXstream - select it
Turn it on by scrolling sideways
go to authorization
You will see a key with 25 digits.
Select "Register" below the key.

If there is no 25 digit key displayed it's because it's been erased when you selected the Software+all data option.

Software+all data is a big no no.

toothfairy
25-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Before you do factory reset go to menu, usb and insert stick
already formatted to Fat/32 and save your channel list etc.
by pressing green button and that way you then can reinstall
channel list etc + patch but press SW update this time.Chopper
give me a bell and i will talk you through it.

chopper1
25-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys,
the only satellite i can get a good signal on is 13 east, even astra 19 & 28 east, 16 east and thor i have no signal quality even when i go to motor set up, drive step, there is no signal, so i disconnected all and put my old receiver up which has excellent signal strength. Dont know why all this is, and very frustrated if i've lost the gift. If i take note of my mac code and serial number can i recover the gift?

tr8.
25-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys,
the only satellite i can get a good signal on is 13 east, even astra 19 & 28 east, 16 east and thor i have no signal quality even when i go to motor set up, drive step, there is no signal, so i disconnected all and put my old receiver up which has excellent signal strength. Dont know why all this is, and very frustrated if i've lost the gift. If i take note of my mac code and serial number can i recover the gift?

Yes with mac code you should be able, but as i have not had to do that even though had box since december try just updates.

First point sound like you have the wrong location in ( Lat/ long)so driving to wrong points, if you can pull in one sat the recievers working

john.dat
25-08-2010, 07:48 PM
In the STB, is the motor set to USALS or DiSEqC ? Set it to USALS and put in your co-ordinates (Lat/Long)

chopper1
25-08-2010, 07:56 PM
thanks, yeh i have set the longitude to 6.03 west and the latitude 54.5 North the same as my Mvision HD 200 receiver for postcode *** *** . I must check it is set to USALS maybe it is the problem?

NO POSTCODES ALLOWED

ADMIN

john.dat
25-08-2010, 08:19 PM
thanks, yeh i have set the longitude to 6.03 west and the latitude 54.5 North the same as my Mvision HD 200 receiver for postcode *** *** . I must check it is set to USALS maybe it is the problem?

NO POSTCODES ALLOWED

ADMIN

In the Motor part of the menu, top item Motor, use the L or R arrows to change from DiSEqC to USALS - you might want to reset it all on 1West

PS - You also might find BillyBitts Chann' listing helpful at this point, upload via USB stick

chopper1
26-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Is there a possibility i can PM someone to talk me through how to finally sort this problem out.
thanks, C

mister-t
26-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Is there a possibility i can PM someone to talk me through how to finally sort this problem out.
thanks, C

yes mate pm away

mister-t

Mickha
26-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Can you please post your general location, not your postcode, as your readings might not be right: 54.5 North 6.03 West, Are you located in Northern Ireland?

Also please post the make/model of your motor as there have been reported problems using Usals with some motors, perhaps you should go back to using Diseqc as once set up this works fine.

mister-t
26-08-2010, 10:54 AM
just checked for lisburn,hope this is your location
Latitude: 54.5109°
Longitude: -6.0427°
mister-t

chopper1
26-08-2010, 12:33 PM
thanks guys, yes i have latitude at 54.5 N and longitude at 6.0 W with signal 65% and quality 93% on hotbird with my old set-up so i think these are correct?, im as much worried if i have lost the gift though.

Mickha
26-08-2010, 12:40 PM
You can't lose the gift, even if you require a new key it will be supplied, but usually you just need to re-load the patch and follow the instructions.

I take it your receiver is now controlling the motor correctly.

When you go into the Spiderbox menu, and select Network, do you see all the options?
If not pressing 1111 on your remote will expand them, providing the patch is loaded.

When you check NeuvoXstream does it say connected?
Does Service+ state that it is connected?

chopper1
26-08-2010, 01:01 PM
thsnks Mickha, i have pressed network, says type off with no other options, what do i do now? hope i did 'nt lose gift as i loaded patch S/W + all data. When i go from motor to USUALS do i store in USALS when i get good signal? thanks

mister-t
26-08-2010, 01:05 PM
thsnks Mickha, i have pressed network, says type off with no other options, what do i do now?
thanks

scroll on leftf arrow key to on

Mickha
26-08-2010, 01:06 PM
You need to switch it on, using the right, or left, arrow key on your remote control, once On you should see the other options.

chopper1
26-08-2010, 01:11 PM
yeh done that, says Network-IP setup, then net SW Download with arrow and home stream server with arrow, sent you a PM if i could phone you? cheers

mister-t
26-08-2010, 01:20 PM
yeh done that, says Network-IP setup, then net SW Download with arrow and home stream server with arrow, sent you a PM if i could phone you? cheers

did you press 1111?

echelon
26-08-2010, 01:27 PM
did you press 1111?

I dont think he is reading all the instructions carefully , which is how he got into this mess in the first place !!

reading instructions and help posts is paramount to 2 things

1) doing the job correctly

2) not f******* up !!!

try 1111 now as mentioned several times already ;)

hda5 even reprinted the details in the how to for you

mister-t
26-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I dont think he is reading all the instructions carefully , which is how he got into this mess in the first place !!

reading instructions and help posts is paramount to 2 things

1) doing the job correctly

2) not f******* up !!!

try 1111 now as mentioned several times already ;)

hda5 even reprinted the details in the how to for you

when i first got my spider i actually printed of all the guides so as they where
close to hand

mister-t

hda5
26-08-2010, 01:38 PM
The whole procedure is explained in Post 6. No more help is needed if you read post 6 properly.

john.dat
26-08-2010, 01:39 PM
when i first got my spider i actually printed of all the guides so as they where
close to hand

mister-t

Me too - I created a Folder on my Desktop called SpiderBox and put everything I needed in the folder prior to receiving the box incl' the How To ;)

chopper1
27-08-2010, 12:30 AM
thanks guys, more or less all sorted, so if i press 1111 that should give me service+ on 1 west?, thanks guys for all your patience as i did not read the instructions proberly!!

john.dat
27-08-2010, 12:58 AM
The whole procedure is explained in Post 6. No more help is needed if you read post 6 properly.

Follow above posting Carefully - perhaps print it off or copy / paste to a Text file and print it :biggrinjester: