PDA

View Full Version : Sky UK only - Help with Channel list organisation

thomo2710
25-08-2010, 10:18 AM
I have moved my Azbug upstairs out the way of my sparkly new VU Duo that actually works.

Last night i did a load of messing around with it so the dvbs.dat and antenna_list.dat only contains the sky UK latest TP's and did a scan. No other sats are stored in my files.

i went through and manually deleted all of the channles i dont want from the main list.

Now id like to reorganize the channels either in the main list or the Faves list into an order the same as the normal sky EPG.

Is this possible rather than have it sorted by alpahbet or frequency which seems to be the only 2 options on the Az.

I am using Azboxedit and can pull the data out of the allchannels.dat file but cant seem to do anything with them in that tool apart from Lock/Unlock or Edit (edit gives a runtime error and closes the prog)

Anybody point me in the right direction?

Carp95
25-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Press - OK, then on menu button - Add to favorites - Make fav group - add channel ( only 1 is enough )

Now download MAZ 3.0 and with this tool you can download you're channelist from receiver and add the channels to you're created fav group in the order you want it to be.

thomo2710
25-08-2010, 11:14 AM
thankyou i will try when i get home tonight.

Can i change the channel numbers with the Maz tool ie have Sky1 ch 106 and skip channel numbers that are not in the official sky EPG?

I am just trying to make life as easy as possible for my partner to use as she is such a technophobe it is untrue! And if it has the same channel number as Sky i wont get mad trying to show her how to use it! :-)

slacker17
25-08-2010, 03:30 PM
I think the answer is no. The channel number is the where it appears in the respective favourite list. ie 1 would be BBC1 6 would be S*y1.You could create dummy channels but I don't think its worth the effort just to get the channel with the same number. So the closest you'll get is the channels in the same order though not the same number. Even on other linux boxes I don't think you can skip channel numbers.

thomo2710
26-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Press - OK, then on menu button - Add to favorites - Make fav group - add channel ( only 1 is enough )

Now download MAZ 3.0 and with this tool you can download you're channelist from receiver and add the channels to you're created fav group in the order you want it to be.

i did that carp, i spent a couple of hours last night adding the channels to my fave list in the correc order but when i pressed the up arrow to upload the list back to the Az, the Az rebotted as it said it would but when i looked in faves the folder name was there and the 1 channel i put in via the remote was but the rest now.

However when i pull the file back off the az into Maz it shows all the channes in the Sky fave folder i created!?

Just not on the reciever!?

zeini
26-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Maz sometimes work not correct if you upload the channellist directly.
Workaround: Save the channellist-files on your PC, and transfer this files to the azbox in folder /DISK2 with ftp.

adrray1974
26-08-2010, 11:22 AM
All i did with mine, i created FAV groups call :
Entertainment
Music
Sports
Movies
News
etc same as the tabs on a normal sly box

Then manually went through the list (in tab ALL) once the channel cleared, select menu, then move to fav, and to the appropriate fav

So, all HD movie channels are in movies, all sports channels are in sports etc....

Never got round to the rest of the FAVs, but you get the idea!!

Then BACK UP everything once you have done this!!!, saves the agro later!!

hope this helps

PsiDOC
28-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Here's my Sky UK channel list. It's not 100% true to what you get on the sky box as I have added the HD channel next to the SD channel where applicable. I have also added a HD section as well that contains all the HD offerings on the satellite.
Instructions:
Download, unzip load into MAZ 3.0 and upload to your box. Look in the Favourites for the changes and all will become clear I hope!
Don't forget to backup your original channel setup using MAZ first incase you don't like the one I have added here.
HTH.

Psi

Oh forgot to mention it's localised for Wales so please change your BBC and ITV channels in maz as appropriate.