PDA

View Full Version : Scam

jacksback
25-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Would any of you fine gentlemen know which emu I can use to connect my IceCrypt client to my Dreambox Server (DM500S) running SCAM?

Are you also able to show me example configs on the client and server side?

I want to use SCAM on the Dreambox because it works best with my provider. I currently have CCcam running on the Dreambox (Smartcard in front slot) and connect my IceCrypt client to it using incubuscamd. I get a lot of "scrambled" coming up when changing channels using my current setup.

Thanks

echelon
25-08-2010, 11:32 AM
with my icecrypt I have always found its best running an N line with newcs or newcamd being sent from the server

so if you can run newcs on your dreambox then add the icecrypt as a client using an N line

sonic1
25-08-2010, 11:44 AM
You say you use scam as it reads your card well, what card is it ?
I sure other emus should be able to help your situation.

jacksback
25-08-2010, 01:09 PM
You say you use scam as it reads your card well, what card is it ?
I sure other emus should be able to help your situation.

I have an Irdeto Kappa card. I believe my dreambox has the ability to run SCAM and newcs, is that the route to take?

Thanks

sonic1
25-08-2010, 01:36 PM
From what I understand scam is probably the best option for your card and as far as I know I don't think any other emu works as a scam client.

You could try oscam and maybe look for support by providing info on oscam home board.

jacksback
25-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks to both of you for your advice. I'll have a look around on the oscam forum for a potential solution.

jacksback
25-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'm really confused now so let me start at the beginning and explain my limited understanding of cardsharing. Hopefully you guys can shed some light because each new suggestion takes me deeper down the rabbit hole.

My understanding of cardsharing is that there is a Server that listens on a Port and a client that connects to that server for the purpose of receiving the decryption keys every cycle change.

I understand the CAM is the piece of hardware that reads the card, where does the EMU come into play or are we referring to the software that emulates the card reader of the original providers decoder?

To date I have configured a CCcam server on my DM500S with one friend line (my IceCrypt). I then configured a cccam line on the IceCrypt using incubuscamd. The IceCrypt connects to DM500s, no problem!

I'm now trying to configure SCAM on my DM500S because it is much faster than CCcam. echelon suggested I create an N line from the Server, does that mean the Server (the DM500S) can actually connect to a client (IceCrypt) and push the key changes or is it just another friend line but for NewCamd?

The last piece of the puzzle is Card Servers (NewCs, etc). What are they used for and when should they be used?

And finally, to setup a SCAM host on the DM500s and a client connection from the IceCrypt, what do I use to connect the IceCrypt to the DM500s or does the DM500s actually connect to the IceCrypt?

:)

echelon
25-08-2010, 08:01 PM
a server pushes the keys to the client

so in your case the dm is the server and the ice is the client

so the server sends using a c line for cccam ( the emu ) , or an N line in newcamd or newcs ( the emu )

and the client listens for it on the correct port , using either a c line for cccam or an n line for newcs or newcamd

this is all explained in the dreambox newbies section stickies

so I send from a server in newcs or newcamd , and the ice receives it using an n line

or the server sends an F for friend line and the Client uses a c line

newcs can be used to send out to n line clients instead of using cccam or newcamd

jacksback
25-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks.

So am I right in thinking that newcs connects to CCcam and then broadcasts the keys to n line clients? Does CCcam still contain the F lines or does NewCS take on this responbility?

Thanks again. I'll head over to the newbie section soon

echelon
25-08-2010, 08:57 PM
newcs deals with it using n lines instead of the f lines in cccam