PDA

View Full Version : Problem with CT Movie Maker

CRJ343
25-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I have a TM-6800HD Super
I have been using get_iplayer to record things I've missed on the BBC.

I can successfully convert the file captured there (mp4) into an mpg using WinFF and then into a *.TS using Tsremux (188 byte option)

I use CT Movie Maker to process the *.TS file and this creates a new directory containing *.idx. *.trp and *.ifo files.
I copied this directory onto my USB stick into the existing Records directory
When I try to run the PVE playback program I have found that the TM6800HD deletes the entire new directory.
Has anyone else had a similar experienceor does anyone know what I'm doing wrong ?

Rgds
Chris - London

Giga
25-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Odd, don't have TM-6800 non super? Maybe USB stick problem?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128377 <= click here

CRJ343
25-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks Giga but the USB stick is happy to load STB updates etc and shows programmes recorded from the Technomate.
I noticed when I tried your "example" download that the IDX file created was much larger than mine. I've read elsewhere that if the "Title" of the programme is missing that the Technomate might delete it. Do I need to put any info into my mpg file before I convert it to a *.TS.
Is TsRemux the best tool to use ?
N.B. SMPlayer is happy to run my TS file

Brgds

Giga
25-08-2010, 05:51 PM
empty the stick and do the test, read the accompanying info. if 4 Gb stick it could be a 1 GB, .... so there is a black hole and info is lost on the stick?
are you using: CT Movie Maker 1.3.3394? if not:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135344
download this .ts and convert to .trp:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135340

CRJ343
28-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Giga thanks for your suggestions !

As suggested emptied the stick and performed stick test - All OK.
I then took your example test files Astra and the BBC Test Cards and successfully created the sets needed for the Technomate.
All fine and got good pictures and sound on the Technomate.
Realising that the fail point here was probably the creation of the *.ts files I then tried using TsmuxerGUI instead of TsRemux against my *.mpg files. In this case after processing with C T Movie Maker I got sets which the Technomate would read and display BUT no sound ?
N.B. Running the *.ts files in both VLC and WinFF revealed sound was present.
Any ideas ?

Chris

Giga
28-08-2010, 01:55 PM
setting audio pid or language to english when creating .ts? don't know it is puzzling why it fails?

CRJ343
30-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Giga - seemed to have solved the problem by using VLC to do the streaming/conversion of the *.mpg file to *.ts and i now have good quality sound & vision.
Tried to conver the "original" *.mp4 file ditect to *.ts using VLC and although practically possible got a blotchy result with intermitent sound - any idea why ? It would be nice to avoid the long conversion of the *.mp4 to and *.mpg using ffmpeg ("WinFF")
Many thanks for your guidance

Giga
30-08-2010, 11:06 AM
to much compression, not enough bandwith?