PDA

View Full Version : a litte help.

chippy
25-08-2010, 03:43 PM
im realy enjoying the spiderbox. i have it running nicely. (with help from mates here) however i cant for the life of me get supersport or pink to open. i have an excellent signal and quality on eutal w216e and can open other channels. i have read that if you are not bang on the sat then the gift wont open. even though the box says i have a good signal could it be that i have not. any advice would be appreciated. chippy.

mister-t
25-08-2010, 03:54 PM
pink has gone,supersport is working fine and my sat position is 16e so thats not your problem,try rescanning them in

mister-t

chippy
25-08-2010, 03:58 PM
ive tried that mr t. even on a blind scan. thanks for quick reply though.

mister-t
25-08-2010, 04:02 PM
ive tried that mr t. even on a blind scan. thanks for quick reply though.

frequency for supersport is 10757/v27500/ fec1/2
also press info twice on remote should say source service+

mister-t

echelon
25-08-2010, 04:06 PM
supersport working fine here with nuevoX with good signal and quality

15.8e is my position for it at the moment , and its on 10757V 27500

mister-t
25-08-2010, 04:09 PM
supersport working fine here with nuevoX with good signal and quality

15.8e is my position for it at the moment , and its on 10757V 27500

neuvox echelon mate? mine says service+

mister-t

chippy
25-08-2010, 04:31 PM
i have ssport on 89% and 90% on nuevox but it aint opening i think im not on the right tp. somehow.

echelon
25-08-2010, 04:34 PM
neuvox echelon mate? mine says service+

mister-t

my 9000 definitely says nuevoXstream as the source , and they are open and loud and clear here ( maybe its open on both ? )

as for the transponder , we both gave him the correct one to scan

you get supersport 1 to 5 inclusive

mister-t
25-08-2010, 04:38 PM
all mine open on service+.but if i turn service+ off and press info twice they still open but it says neuvox very strange
also both echelon and myself gave you the correct transponder so try that
and see if it clears

mister-t

chippy
25-08-2010, 04:51 PM
i am looking at ssports 1-5 on the transponder you both kindly gave me signal and quality 90% on pressing info twice it shows neuvox as echelon says. but it stll aint opening.

echelon
25-08-2010, 04:54 PM
i am looking at ssports 1-5 on the transponder you both kindly gave me signal and quality 90% on pressing info twice it shows neuvox as echelon says. but it stll aint opening.

well in that case you are getting the correct channels then , whereas we thought you hadnt actually got them scanned in

in which case you have a server issue , not a reception issue

try turning nuevo off , reboot the box , turn it back on again and test again

and do the same with service plus too

mister-t
25-08-2010, 04:55 PM

go into menue then network,scroll down to neuvox,turn it off,exit menue
re-enter menue turn it back on,exit menue hopefully should connect

mister-t

chippy
25-08-2010, 05:40 PM
tried as sugested no luck. it is obviuosly something i have done. thanks for your help guys. i think ive cocked up somewhere because when i press sat, moving from eutal16e on disc12 to go to thor .8 to open the sat i have to go to menu, motor ,change from disc12 to usals . motor moves then all opens. so iam assuming i may think i am on euetal tp for ssport when in fact im not. hope that makes sense. however even if i cant get it work. im pleased with what i already have.

RABBY
25-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Just on 16 EAST ? Supersport [ 1-5 ] Works on Both [ nuevoXstream @ service+ ]???????

They way I see It is when you Do A Manual Scan In [ Modulation] ??? [ DVB-S QPSK , DVB-S2 8PSK ,DVB-S2 QPSK ] Gives you Differn*t Results ? Bloody Strange , But True:D

mister-t
25-08-2010, 09:08 PM
tried as sugested no luck. it is obviuosly something i have done. thanks for your help guys. i think ive cocked up somewhere because when i press sat, moving from eutal16e on disc12 to go to thor .8 to open the sat i have to go to menu, motor ,change from disc12 to usals . motor moves then all opens. so iam assuming i may think i am on euetal tp for ssport when in fact im not. hope that makes sense. however even if i cant get it work. im pleased with what i already have.

are you using a downloaded channel list?
are usuing usuals or disec,i think iknow your problem,your on the wrong sat for supersport,i am sure there is a superport on 9e.set your motor for usuals
with correct location settings and i am sure you will be fine

mister-t

chippy
25-08-2010, 09:44 PM
thanks mr t. yes i am using a downloaded channel list. i dont think ssport is on 9e but im going to try. one day i will enquire about how to make my own channel list. but im gonna learn how to walk first. cheers mate. chippy.

DARKMAN
26-08-2010, 03:48 AM
Because Supesrport and Digitalb are Albanian,,,,i take care about them..lol

i have add Supersport and Digitalb in Boths services...

1.Neovostream
2.Service+

manic01
26-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes clears ok on both!

mister-t
26-08-2010, 09:32 AM
thanks mr t. yes i am using a downloaded channel list. i dont think ssport is on 9e but im going to try. one day i will enquire about how to make my own channel list. but im gonna learn how to walk first. cheers mate. chippy.

what i meant was thee was a supersport on either 9 or 10e and that did not open with the spider,they may not even be there on those sats any more
you say you can open tring,what i would do personally is delete all channels except for the ones you can open 16e and do a blindscan

mister-t

chippy
26-08-2010, 05:02 PM
thanks mr t. how do i delete the channels on thor mate. i now cant open tring, film or ssport. as i ay everything else is ok. on all sats, along with most of thor. i will try what you say. cheers.

echelon
26-08-2010, 05:09 PM
use the channel manager in the menu after having chosen the satellite and ALL in favs as well

make sure you move the cursor to REMOVE on the end

then go through the list hitting the VIEW CHANNEL button ( red ) and ticking the ones to remove , and when you have completed ticking them use the BLUE to remove button and confirm , this will delete unwanted channels

that screen will allow you to add to favourites , rename , move channels up and down and various options , so acquaint yourself with it

also do a channel backup to usb stick before messing !!

mister-t
26-08-2010, 05:11 PM
thanks mr t. how do i delete the channels on thor mate. i now cant open tring, film or ssport. as i ay everything else is ok. on all sats, along with most of thor. i will try what you say. cheers.

delete16e not thor,only delete channels you can not get dont delete all your channels,so keep tring and digialb just delete supersport and all the others
then blindscan.to delete channels go int channel manager,scroll along to remove,go to channels you want to remove press ok for all channels you want to remove,when that is done press blue button on remote then exit

mister-t

chippy
26-08-2010, 06:37 PM
done as told. on blind scan. didnt pull down ssp or tring. on the transponder for ssp it pulled down a load of vod channels but no ssp. do you think my motor is out somehow. sorry for all the time this taking up. everything else appears to work.

mister-t
26-08-2010, 06:51 PM
done as told. on blind scan. didnt pull down ssp or tring. on the transponder for ssp it pulled down a load of vod channels but no ssp. do you think my motor is out somehow. sorry for all the time this taking up. everything else appears to work.

i think your motor is offif you get tring then supersport should open
i just do not know why you cant get it,go on king of sat and check frequencies for 16e and then see what you have for 16e and i am sure you will find out you are off somewhere

mister-t

echelon
26-08-2010, 06:54 PM
check the channel called vizion plus on 11283H27500 , is it say 78% s and 68% q , and clear as its fta ?

than try atlas on 12600V 6771 and that should also clear with good signals

if you get both of those loud and clear I would say you are on the money as one is H and the other is V

the only other problem could be HI - LO not operating or the lnb at fault , as you have 4 states of switching on the lnb ,

HI-H
LO-H
HI-V
LO-V

make sure you have the sat search settings as universal lnb , and 22khz tone as AUTO , with search as ALL , and POWER as AUTO too

mister-t
26-08-2010, 07:03 PM
check the channel called vizion plus on 11283H27500 , is it say 78% s and 68% q , and clear as its fta ?

than try atlas on 12600V 6771 and that should also clear with good signals

if you get both of those loud and clear I would say you are on the money as one is H and the other is V

the only other problem could be HI - LO not operating or the lnb at fault , as you have 4 states of switching on the lnb ,

HI-H
LO-H
HI-V
LO-V

make sure you have the sat search settings as universal lnb , and 22khz tone as AUTO , with search as ALL , and POWER as AUTO too

what i meant to say was if he checks what channels he has scanned on 16e
then checks with say king of sat at least he will know if he is on the right sat
mister-t

mister-t
26-08-2010, 07:57 PM
i have just deleted all my channels on 16e all channels have been scanned in
fine ssp tring digialb but no vod channels so i am afraid your on the wrong sat

mister-t

terry l
26-08-2010, 08:51 PM
NuerovoXstream, service += conflict unless your kit is set up right..
In the end it's down to who control's the server and wot you know..
The spider is a good bit of kit but you do need a little bit of help if you have just started out on this road..
Don't give up you'll get there in the end..
P S HD is g8.

chippy
26-08-2010, 08:56 PM
thanks for advice guys. i realy appreciate it. as i speak i have a professional trying to sort it for me. it seems that their is a conflict on the low freq range as i get everything else but ssp. i will keep you informed. thanks again guys.

Skytel
26-08-2010, 11:52 PM
hopefully we will get this sorted tomorrow;)

soaposat
27-08-2010, 01:15 AM
dont give up

keith mawer
27-08-2010, 01:42 AM
its odd as im getting a spider and moved my motor dish to eut 16 and the signal is 2!!! all my other sat birds are fine and eut16 has been ok...
i looked on a sat map and eut 16 seems to be between astra 19.2 and hotbird 13.!!!!m

mister-t
27-08-2010, 09:19 AM
its odd as im getting a spider and moved my motor dish to eut 16 and the signal is 2!!! all my other sat birds are fine and eut16 has been ok...
i looked on a sat map and eut 16 seems to be between astra 19.2 and hotbird 13.!!!!m

it is between 19.2 and 13,i wonder if this is why so many people have problems as they dont know where the sats are? its simple really
for example if 1w is the reference point then all sats either side are higher in degrees so obviousley it works the same way if your moving backwards to 1w

42e 39e 36e 33e 28.2e and so on and so on

mister-t

chippy
27-08-2010, 09:39 AM
just a quick update. god knows what happened but obviously the channels were all over the place. however im half way through ,with the channels where they should be and the sats still in the skies. 16e is strong with all the channels tring etc, but no signal on the low freq where ssp is so the pro is coming back today to see. i will update later if and how this was sorted, with a rundown of what was done. cos im fooked if i know.

echelon
28-08-2010, 11:33 PM
just a quick update. god knows what happened but obviously the channels were all over the place. however im half way through ,with the channels where they should be and the sats still in the skies. 16e is strong with all the channels tring etc, but no signal on the low freq where ssp is so the pro is coming back today to see. i will update later if and how this was sorted, with a rundown of what was done. cos im fooked if i know.

so come on then , spill the beans ;)

Skytel
28-08-2010, 11:43 PM
not getting enough signal with his 80cm dish to be sure there is no other interference
best to get a bigger dish as the signal quality on 16e is poor but gets a much better signal when dish is flexed slightly so dish is possibly slightly out of shape

chippy
29-08-2010, 06:50 AM
sorry about the delay guys, had a bit of a domestic panic. anyhow it seems that the dish is warped as you know. so i will have to get a bigger dish ,and just to make sure have the dish re-positioned. all of which will be done this week with a bit of luck. believe it or not whilst this has had me pulling my hair out i quite enjoy trying to fix the problem, with the help of fellow members. thats what makes it a hobby for me. but i know when im beaten and thats when i call in the pros. who i cant praise highly enough. (if you need a good fitter in the es*** area). thank you all for your patience and help . cheers chippy.

mister-t
29-08-2010, 03:15 PM
glad you got it sorted,but please correct me if i am wrong but if you pull on your dish does the signal get better because that sounds to me like mis-alligned setup to me,when i could not get the low signals some time ago
was nothing to do with the dish but a split in cable,took me ages to work that out,changed cable and everything works fine.and just one more point
i use a 80cm mesh dish and i have no trouble on 16e in the walsall area
west midlands,after being in the sat gamr for as long as i have i never rule anything out when it comes to signal problems

mister-t

Skytel
29-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I tried to align with my meter on 16e instead of the ref sat the signal quality would not get to a satisfactory level but would only get higher when the dish was flexed out of the shape it was. but as you know when the dish is flexed it bounces back and dont want to bend it too much as he has now got tring though low signal, dont want to loose that
I have installed a few dish's before and not all dish's are the same quality

maud
29-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Looking to buy spider box but watching this thread is worrying me,is the box made by the same firm that made GDS7000hd as that box had several anomalies when working usals and final pos and store did not calculate out correct,when this box goes to astra 19 deg poor signal on some of neds,but tm1500 good signal and picture,worrying me.
why recalculate when humax and tm you just enter lat and log.

DARKMAN
29-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Looking to buy spider box but watching this thread is worrying me,is the box made by the same firm that made GDS7000hd as that box had several anomalies when working usals and final pos and store did not calculate out correct,when this box goes to astra 19 deg poor signal on some of neds,but tm1500 good signal and picture,worrying me.

Go Idiot away.. do not mix thinks here...is not fist time to see what is your real intentions...

if anyone read all his post will understend from more a year he is loking for truble...
tell M. R.... of TM to tech you better what you says here...

live the geniune people of this forum alowen..Idiot.

DARKMAN
29-08-2010, 08:56 PM
chippy

is your Intention to fix your Motor to spiderbox ! or is to gave THANKS to the only idot guy who come to disturb the thread and nominate the ****i TM!?

You have to says Thanks ONLY to all ppl HERE who are helping you and losing form their TIME for You...not to some idiot then come to disturb the thread...

Do not be so NAIVE

Skytel
29-08-2010, 09:30 PM

as i already have stated the problem is the dish
why are you posting about the spider not moving the motor:confused:
this box and every other spider i have installed works with usals on a usals compatible motor,diseqc 1.2,diseqc switch perfectly and this thread has never been about that problem
believe me i have installed enough of them

echelon
29-08-2010, 10:18 PM
I have tested 2 spiderboxes on motors ( a 7000 and a 9000 ) , and they worked fine in both cases , and still are

I have also tested them on 4 way diseqc switches and an 8 way diseqc switch , and again no problems

there seems little point non-owners speculating about rumours or innuendo , there are enough owners with working boxes on working motors for us to know that the boxes work ok on all systems , even vboxes

if a member has one and has a problem they can post and hope it will be fixed

if you dont have one and havent used one , stay out of the kitchen before you get your fingers burned

and this thread was a help thread for one member only , in which we tried to identify his fault logically

if it turns out that skytel is correct about a warped dish ( and I believe him as he has several years of installation knowledge and skills etc ) then sobeit

and if it is the dish at fault , it would have happened on any receiver , not just a spider

faulty equipment will always happen , but you cant blame a spiderbox for a warped dish , that does not make any sense at all

it also does not make sense to compare one box to another box even if it was the same manufacturer , they nearly all make good and bad boxes , same as car manufacturers do

you could have owned an 80,s skoda and not like skoda , but apparently the vw skodas are good cars

I dont care about humax or gds or any other none spider boxes because I havent owned one

I have owned quite a few technomates , a samsung , a dreambox , a spider etc , so I do know about those ( all good boxes in my opinion )

so its pointless discussing those other boxes in this thread , as its irrelevant , and totally off-topic and disrespectful to the original person who posted the thread

so either post to help chippy with his original problem , or do not post at all , thats my advice to all reading this , and is why we are here to help those who deserve to be helped , not those who hi jack a thread and take it off topic like post 40 talking about equipment that chippy doesnt even own !!

mister-t
30-08-2010, 10:12 AM
and just to add to the echeleons post,i have had my cryptik motor for at least
11yrs and never used usuals untill i got a spider,did a bit of reading on here
about how to set usuals up and was amazed how easy it was to set up.
all these years of moving dish with remotes trying to find sats.

mister-t

john.dat
30-08-2010, 10:18 AM
and just to add to the echeleons post,i have had my cryptik motor for at least
11yrs and never used usuals untill i got a spider,did a bit of reading on here
about how to set usuals up and was amazed how easy it was to set up.
all these years of moving dish with remotes trying to find sats.

mister-t

Likewise with my STAB H-H :sifone:

chippy
30-08-2010, 10:48 AM
as you can see from my posts i am here asking for help. it certainly isnt my intention to upset anybody. so darkman i am sorry if i was naive. as far as my spiderbox is concerned, it is a superb bit of kit. being an inexperienced.hobbyist i would never have worked out that i have a warped dish (i have moved house 3 times since i got the dish system so it propably has got bent during one of these moves) skytel worked out the problem and is on the case. i started out with an octagon and diablo cam. so from cam to spider was a logical step for me. so to all the guys that have been helping me thank you. if i have upset anybody im sorry. any way im off down the pub now . cheers all chippy.

echelon
30-08-2010, 11:32 AM
as you can see from my posts i am here asking for help. it certainly isnt my intention to upset anybody. so darkman i am sorry if i was naive. as far as my spiderbox is concerned, it is a superb bit of kit. being an inexperienced.hobbyist i would never have worked out that i have a warped dish (i have moved house 3 times since i got the dish system so it propably has got bent during one of these moves) skytel worked out the problem and is on the case. i started out with an octagon and diablo cam. so from cam to spider was a logical step for me. so to all the guys that have been helping me thank you. if i have upset anybody im sorry. any way im off down the pub now . cheers all chippy.

99% of people , including me , would never have worked out that a warped dish was causing your problem m8

its a possible one off in this case , and had you posted about the problem using some other box like a tm1500 , samsung 9500 viaci or an octagon there wouldnt have been the inbuilt animosity that some folks have towards products that other board owners or retailers may sell. it clouds the issue and doesnt help anyone at all , and its totally irrelevant as well

good luck with your new dish when skytel fits it , I am sure it will all come good in the end