PDA

View Full Version : External HDD playback in Nabilo?

luis
26-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Can somebody tell me how to activate the external hdd (in an enclosure) for playback (to show the list of recorded movies) in Nabilo BH v.012 image? The enclosure is connected to DM8000 via USB. Is it possible at all?

Quailman
26-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Just plug in and use media player. Or if you want to see it by the PVR button press it twice and navigate to the device.

luis
26-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Pressing PVR button twice works in Gemini, but not in Nabilo. So Iīm going to try media player. Thank you m8.

Quailman
27-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I have just re flashed with nabilo 12 and PVR twice does work.

http://i38.tinypic.com/xqbyb9.jpg

I wanted to try it using media player as you suggested, then I found out I donīt have one installed in my plugins on DM8000. So I did a search and downloaded Media player deluxe from Addons downloading - and tried my luck.

Media player comes pre installed just press menu.

In the file list you will see depending upon where the devise is plugged in.

Back, upper USB slot
Back, lower USB slot
Front USB

Hope this helps.

Quailman
28-08-2010, 01:20 AM
If you still have problems try either a mount or format in.

Blue button>Setup (blue button)>Devices manager

luis
28-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Finally!!! I had Media Player right under my nose - the second line in the main menu. No problem playing back movies from external hdd in Nabilo either now.

Not that I need it, just out of curiosity, I wonder why double pressing PVR doesnīt work for Nabilo in my DM8000. Should I be in flash image? I have tried countless times from a Nabilo BH v.012image in USB, but no go.

Anyway, thanks a lot Quailman, you showed me the way.