PDA

View Full Version : how do I add ccCam to spiderbox 9000HD

Riponair
27-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I want to add ccCam to my spiderbox 9000HD its not installed in my box, I have had a look around but cant seem to find what I want.
Thanks

echelon
27-08-2010, 11:26 AM
if you have patched the box with the latest gift patch its already in there in the firmware , along with newcamd

in the server section you can add reception for a server in cccam or newcamd , just choose the one you want to receive with and add the details

Riponair
27-08-2010, 11:38 AM
I go to networks and I can see newcamd but i cant see ccCam anyware
I have the latest patch as box is working as it should but i want to add box key and a "c" line at a later date.
Regarsds

echelon
27-08-2010, 11:56 AM
menu , accessory , network , setup server , you will see 8 options listed , all off

select the top one and change type to newcamd or cccam , then fill the rest in and apply it

when your card is in the slot you will see nds listed in accessory , select that and use the red button to add the boxkey

Riponair
27-08-2010, 12:30 PM
thankyou found it, but when I go to convert box key so i can enter into spiderbox I am getting 9 digits to enter in and not the 8 ??

echelon
27-08-2010, 12:38 PM
thankyou found it, but when I go to convert box key so i can enter into spiderbox I am getting 9 digits to enter in and not the 8 ??

enter the 17 digit code from the host sly box into here

_http://boxkey.exyucs.com/generator.php?lan=en

and you will get an 8 character boxkey , like this eg:- 1A2B3C4D

on a dreambox newcs it goes in like this

<boxkey>1A2B3C4D</boxkey>

but on the spider it goes in like this 1A2B3C4D using the red button

Riponair
27-08-2010, 01:02 PM
All sorted and working, i did edit the cccam.cfg and upload that ( edited in note pad ) but it did not work, so as you said used the red button. as to config file should I be using a correct editor for that?.

echelon
27-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I tried using notepad plus , but had mixed results , so cant be bothered with it and I just use the remote control and edit onscreen