PDA

View Full Version : box freezing

mdaniels47
29-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Hi
I have a 9000 which in most casses is great,however the main problem is that it keeps freezing all the time, showing a signal scrambled on screen makeing it near impossible to watch a film any ideas
thanks
mike

Mickha
29-08-2010, 07:41 AM
More information is required to help solve your problem.

First do all the channels freeze, including FTA channels?

Are the channels that freeze on one particular satellite, or all satellites?

What size dish do you have?
Is it motorized or fixed?
What satellites can you pick up?

What is your general location?

Is it just the HD channels that freeze or the SD channels as well?

What are your signal strength, and quality, readings on the channels that freeze? You can find this information by pressing the Info button.

TonyO
30-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Since the new patch my 9000 is all but useless, ucas works with bulsat but all the rest indicate nuevoxstream and service + but only come on for a second or two then freeze and then scrambled comes up.

I've reloaded the patch twice along with a factory reset and turned all on in network then nought, last night C Sat and D+ came on for a while but then they were gone again.

TV2 and C+ned are also down for me.

1.25mtr 9000 in w.london.

williamtell
30-08-2010, 12:49 PM
thats not good tony!!! its has been a bit windy and i did have some problems watching canal sweden 1west yesterday evening, but all in all i wouldnt have thought it that serious, correct me if i,m wrong, i did put the new patch on today:cuss:

Mickha
30-08-2010, 01:34 PM
The freezing issue has improved a lot, I recorded van helsing, the film, on SyFy SD, on the Digital+ package, last night, without a single glitch, and that was a 2 hour film.

Previously it was freezing every few minutes, or even seconds.

The TV2 PL HD channels were working last time I checked, this morning, without freezing.

Try scanning them in again.

Move your dish to 0.8W.
Go into the Spiderbox Menu and select manual scan.
Press the Green Button, on your remote control, and enter the following:

Satellite: Thor 3/5 0.8W
Frequency: 10841
Symbol Rate: 24500
Polarization: Vertical
Modulation: DVB-S QSPK

Wait for the signal bar to turn green then press Start Scan.

Once complete press the green button again and this time enter 10934, all the other settings are the same.

It usually scans in 2 of each and only one opens.

If these channels are also freezing it might be time to check your router connection, LNB connection or temperature of the receiver.

williamtell
30-08-2010, 01:57 PM
hmmm sometimes i get a little "thud" noise then lose pic, same used to happen with diablo, think its when it gets hot???

Mickha
30-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Fixing a potential overheating problem is quite easy, and very cheap.

I have all my satellite/recording equipment on stands, to allow extra ventilation underneath, I found an old connect 4 game and used a few of the counters, taped together, to raise the Spiderbox.

If you want something extra there's a fan dseigned for the Dreambox that would no doubt work with other receivers, check that auction site and search for 260648148602

mdaniels47
30-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Hi i have the dish aimed at hellas 2 it freezes on most channels hbo film channels are a pain to watch films i have both motorised and fixed dishes, the strength is pretty good i use diablo 2 for hellas 2
thanks
mike

Mickha
30-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Why are you using the Diablo 2 for Bulsatcom, on 39E? This is probably the reason you're experiencing freezing.

The Spiderbox opens these channels, without the need of the Diablo 2 cam.

Go into the Spiderbox menu, go to Key Edit and turn both UCAS options on.

Then load the latest softcam, or manually update the keys.

echelon
30-08-2010, 08:25 PM
I still get intermittent momentary freezing on bulsat on 39e , maybe every 10 to 15 seconds or so , like on nat geo HD for instance ( this is with todays patch as well )

also seen this reported in fausto and other systems too

mdaniels47
01-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi
the main reason i use diablo is that i dont always have access to the internet so diablo is the only option,service+ does not show in my menu,can somebody put all the correct firmware and the correct order to be installed in at present i have ver f4,00 ldr:ver 00.21
ver 01.20
dec 18 2009
is this correct or shoul it be different
thanks mike

mister-t
01-09-2010, 09:22 AM
no internernet needed for bulsat,just load latest softcam onto spider
and remove diablo cam from cam slot and put it in a drawer or somewhere
as softcam is all you need

mister-t