PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Me A Mount & LNB For Motorised Dish?

chrispy
29-08-2010, 02:48 PM
After the bad weather where I live destroyed my last setup and being without a motorised dish for almost 3 years i'm looking for a new setup (using my current 1.2M dish). What mount and lnb would you guys recommend I get to go with my Dreambox 800HD? I'd obviously like to pick up as many sats possible. I have a decent enough budget and wouldn't mind spending for the right quality.

Thanks in advance to anyone kind enough to help me.

mikie8
29-08-2010, 04:55 PM
it depends where in the world you are and what bird you want to see .
is your dish offset or prime ?
do you mean wall bracket or motorised bracket ?

most people will say TK for wall bracket , i myself have one and its easy to plumb and very solid , you can get them upto 3 fett long if you have a large dish and look at the horizon .

for a motor most people would agree on a superjack for a 1.2m dish .

if prime a c120 lnb must be used , invercom if single , iverco if quad . but they can be expensive .

if offset titanium or ultra black lnbs are popular and have the bonus of being cheap . with a special designed offset feedhorn c120 lnbs can be fitted to an offset dish .

hope this helps a little .

chrispy
29-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Many thanks.

tr8.
29-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I would go slightly different if you can ground mount, i have 2 ground mounted dished both been up for more than 20 years with only changes being LNB's. both have seen gales and 1 hurricane and not needed and adjusting after.

Set up
1 Channel Master dishes very heavy for size but probably best you can get now called andrews one is 1.2m other 1.8m.
2. Both use 36v jack arms and vboxII to move them.
3. Both mounts fixed to old traffic light poles concreted into garden, poles back filled with concrete. poles go down 6' and 8' have about 1ton concrete around them with cross bars welded before filling holes. ( ps got the poles free from council roads depot and had to cut off damaged bottoms)