PDA

View Full Version : New patch 30.08.10

Satcat
30-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Just loaded new patch and noticed that the annoying little thing that used to happen when viewing favorites list (ie going to a channel without selecting one) has appeared again.
It was sorted in last patch (27.08.10) so why is it on new patch?
I have reverted back to that one.

williamtell
31-08-2010, 09:57 AM
sorry to intrude your post but i wonder if i put new patch on friends spider will it take away the sats stored as i did last time??? had to reset motor and find and store sats all over again[think it changed the usals??]

TonyO
31-08-2010, 10:11 AM
save your channel list (it includes the stored satellite positions) to a usb because with a reset you will lose the lot, after loading the patch and the reset reload your channel list and latest key bin.

williamtell
31-08-2010, 12:48 PM
i,m not after a factory reset tony just a upgrade software not +all data, does this still apply.

john.dat
31-08-2010, 01:27 PM
i,m not after a factory reset tony just a upgrade software not +all data, does this still apply.

Just update S/W only ;) otherwise you will lose the lot - Save your chann' list first onto USB stick

TonyO
31-08-2010, 01:28 PM
The instructions with the latest patch that I read said do a factory reset after loading the patch, I dont know if its necessary or not ?

john.dat
31-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Just loaded new patch and noticed that the annoying little thing that used to happen when viewing favorites list (ie going to a channel without selecting one) has appeared again.
It was sorted in last patch (27.08.10) so why is it on new patch?
I have reverted back to that one.

Dunno, it might have been something you did or didn't do when U/L the last patch

Satcat
31-08-2010, 05:02 PM
Just to clarify what I mean.
If you are watching a movie channel and you press fav button and select sport and then exit without selecting a channel, after about 20 secs the channels will change to the one that was highlighted on the sports menu (but not selected) patch 27.08.10 doesn't do that but patch 30.08.10 does.
Should I have done a factory reset after loading new patch? could that be the reason?

john.dat
31-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Just to clarify what I mean.
If you are watching a movie channel and you press fav button and select sport and then exit without selecting a channel, after about 20 secs the channels will change to the one that was highlighted on the sports menu (but not selected) patch 27.08.10 doesn't do that but patch 30.08.10 does.
Should I have done a factory reset after loading new patch? could that be the reason?

If you loaded patch 27-08, it said save your chann list etc, then load patch, then do a factory reset etc - it was queried elsewhere but confirmed thats what you do - maybe go back to the 27th and start again following exactly the sequence of events and bring your box upto date ;) Make sure you locate the correct posting for sequence I dunno who did it now on here, think it was copy / paste from elsewhere

Satcat
31-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, when I loaded patch 27.08.10 I did do a factory reset and replaced channel data etc. etc. and it worked fine.
After I loaded patch 30.08.10 I did not do a factory reset as there was no mention to do so.
I'm just wondering whether I should have.

john.dat
31-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, when I loaded patch 27.08.10 I did do a factory reset and replaced channel data etc. etc. and it worked fine.
After I loaded patch 30.08.10 I did not do a factory reset as there was no mention to do so.
I'm just wondering whether I should have.

No - you did it correctly then, only patch of 2708 needed factory reset