PDA

View Full Version : Over Heating

Gaza
02-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Considerıng where these are designed and made no thought has go into the the heat problem according to the book 45 deg and the temperture here in turkey has been on average 42 deg all the receivers here have been giving my customers grieve locking up ıs a favorite. these receivers do require a fan prehaps they might consider fıtting one as they are not doing the job there meant to

jacksback
03-09-2010, 03:25 PM
My suggestion then is NOT to buy a PACE decoder because they get VERY hot. I personally am really impressed with how cool and quiet this decoder runs, and I live in South Africa where it gets very hot during the day.

ColdAsICE
06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think any PVR manufacturer can design a unit to cope with all extreme operating environments without pricing the product out of the Market.
These units have been made to function in normal temperature conditions with ample air flow. In those conditions they run fairly cool and silent.
Its not a simple thing to fit a Mechanical fan to deal with extremely high temperature environments.
Any fan would make the units noisier and they would certainly cause the units to consume more power which is now being very closely controlled to be green and to comply with European regulations.
Fans also have high mechanical failure rates ask anyone who repairs computers what causes the most Hardware failures.
The Internal Hard Drive not only creates heat, it is effected by heat causing the unit to lock up etc, maybe using a different HDD will help with your lock up issues.
The newer Green Power types from Western Digital are meant to run cooler due to lower power consumption which in turn will allow the Power supply to run a little cooler.

Gaza
07-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't think any PVR manufacturer can design a unit to cope with all extreme operating environments without pricing the product out of the Market.
These units have been made to function in normal temperature conditions with ample air flow. In those conditions they run fairly cool and silent.
Its not a simple thing to fit a Mechanical fan to deal with extremely high temperature environments.
Any fan would make the units noisier and they would certainly cause the units to consume more power which is now being very closely controlled to be green and to comply with European regulations.
Fans also have high mechanical failure rates ask anyone who repairs computers what causes the most Hardware failures.
The Internal Hard Drive not only creates heat, it is effected by heat causing the unit to lock up etc, maybe using a different HDD will help with your lock up issues.
The newer Green Power types from Western Digital are meant to run cooler due to lower power consumption which in turn will allow the Power supply to run a little cooler.

thanks for your reply the cases get almost to hot to touch shortıng the life of the receiver i think i would rather have a fan with a bıt of noise or the same problem of dried out caps arises causing a few more problems i wonder if the caps are 105 C working or the normal 85 C although there seems to be room for improvement with bıgger feet givıng a bit of height and continuing the air vents over the psu i have rasıed mine and advised others to do the same raise another 1cm to get some aır flow but even the aır flow is hot and it is not pratical to leave the aır con on. through the summer months 40-50 deg C this is the normal temperture here
you are correct in what you say regarding the hard drives i wıll have a closer look into it

keep up the good work