PDA

View Full Version : Technomate 6900 super LNB Fault

andy gg
04-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Hi,
I am getting LNB Fault displaying on front of stb even when the sat cable is removed I'v been told it requires a new tuner any one else had this problem my neighbour is a tv repairer but he cant get hold of a tuner or perhaps there is a fix.

Technomate 6900 super with H to H Motor mounted to dish.

I had been trying to get 39 east as I am on a West facing wall moved my temporary dish 10 foot from my original dish to see if I could get 39 east but flats in the way so i dismantled the cable from the dish removed the F plug from the cable and pulled the cable back into the house threw a small hole big enough for the cable and I guess the inner and outer cable must have touched
I have been told there is a safety devise fitted to stop any shorts occurring.
so cant understand why it happened. Forgot to say connected the same dish up to another receiver and working ok so I know its not the LNB.

( When I turn the STB on it works perfect for about 3 minutes then freezes out all together with LNB Fault flashing)
Best regards
andy gg

Giga
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Did work before? Something did happen: have you worked on cables will receiver was in standby? Try with spare cable direct to lnb, see if that works?
Let your neighbor check your cable and F-connector fittings, check on motor to.

andy gg
04-09-2010, 03:34 PM
helo Giga,
tried with out dish being connected same after a couple of minutes LNB Fault.

As I said the dish is working ok on my other stb.

I just tried with sky dish connected up from the other sat dish working ok for about 5 minutes then freezes LNB Fault flashes got to turn off from the back of the receiver.

Giga
04-09-2010, 03:45 PM
disconnect all cables except power and screen.
download last firmware from Technomater website
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=137794 <= try this
you never know, otherwise you need to contact technomate and have it repaired

andy gg
04-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi Giga,
Downloaded latest firmware from Technomate put it in ok but got same result after a couple of minutes LNB Fault without the dish connected.

Looking more like tuner fault now.

pricey
05-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I had the same problem and had to return my 6900 to Technomate after checking cables,etc. They said a part needed replaced! Returned within 2 weeks and seems Ok after 2 months now.

andy gg
07-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Its been taken to my mates workshop for repair but he is going on holiday on Thursday so it will be 3 weeks before I get it back unless he can fix it before he goes.
Thanks for all your help.

regards
andy gg.

nedisared
07-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Had the same problem on a 6800 super, technomate took 3 weeks to reply to my problem.
In the meantime i bought a VU+, best thing i ever did.
Told technomate to get stuffed!!

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=135532