PDA

View Full Version : tecknomate 1500 will not start

johnwilliam1
06-09-2010, 01:48 AM
hi guys,

just joined your forum, there was a post i was reading from 18.9.2007

from echelon and this what it said.

If for some reason your receiver locks up, or you can't gain access to the main menu to change any settings,
and you need to do a factory reset, then here is a solution which may help towards fixing the problem:

How to access the diagnostics page on your TM 1000 Series:

When switching on at the mains, press & hold the power button and the channel up button on the front of the Technomate Receiver.
Wait about 10 seconds. do not use the remote control.

If you have done it incorrectly you will see on screen
Data Transfer, just click exit and try again.

Once you have access to the diagnostics you will
have full control over them, so be careful, if you
don't know what you are doing, then don't do or save anything.

Always ask for advice in the Forum if you are not sure, there are plenty of team members who will give you a helping hand.

To clear the Nvram which is the equivalent of a factory reset:
Navigate to the Nvram Clear with the arrow keys on your remote and when highlighted hit select,

Regards.
smiyako.

well i have that problem , i managed to put a patch on the 1500ci and i think it was successful, except the box will not switch on again, it stays in standby mode, i have managed to get the diagnostic blue screen on but i have decided to leave it for the time being and get in touch with you guys, any ideas what my next move should be, its a case of when i switch the box on it sticks in standby.

Weston Calling
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM
The Phantom patches have a problem with some older hardware versions of the TM1000 series. This means you can't turn them on or off and they stick in whatever state they were in when you patched them. Thus, if the receiver was in standby when you patched it, then it will stay in standby. Maybe this is what you're experiencing?

If it is, then it's not a problem, as the TM Loader on your PC should still be able to communicate with the receiver, so you can just load an old patch and it will be fine.

If you need to use a Phantom patch, then repatch with the receiver turned on. You'll then have to use the on/off button on the back to turn it off, but everything else will function okay.

Weston Calling.

johnwilliam1
06-09-2010, 11:36 PM
The Phantom patches have a problem with some older hardware versions of the TM1000 series. This means you can't turn them on or off and they stick in whatever state they were in when you patched them. Thus, if the receiver was in standby when you patched it, then it will stay in standby. Maybe this is what you're experiencing?

If it is, then it's not a problem, as the TM Loader on your PC should still be able to communicate with the receiver, so you can just load an old patch and it will be fine.

If you need to use a Phantom patch, then repatch with the receiver turned on. You'll then have to use the on/off button on the back to turn it off, but everything else will function okay.

Weston Calling. ,

hi, well it was the first time i have done this, i think to a degree i succeeded, where the s/w version states (august 2010) and before i tried it, the teck 1500 did not take the tring card in the slot now the picture does come on in the slot, i wondered where i went wrong at first, i switched the box on and it did not go on the standby it came straight on, most of the functions work apart from the blind scan,(mind it was too slow) which i cannot get at, as if it was grayed out etc!, when i try to turn the box off it will not go off , i have to manually turn it off by the switch at the back, so out of curiosity i decided to put the box to sleep and what happened it went off when i timed it to go off and went into standby, but when i tried to get the box to go on it stuck in standby, what a pig!, anyhow i tried the method that echelon mentioned in 2007, keeping the first 2 buttons pressed down, then the blue diagnostics screen popped up, anyhow whats happened i'm back to the situation where i have to turn it off by the button at the back. what i have decided to do is use this box as a practise box for future patches which i will try some day, but not at the moment, its a strange feeling watching the file download into the box and i am saying to myself please work. My better boxes are the spiderbox 9000, teck6800,teck5400, but i was not going to chance any of them at the present time , i need a bit more confidence and knowhow, especially after that.