PDA

View Full Version : Got Spiderbox today

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I got my new Spiderbox today and later on I will have a go at setting it up. I have read the sticky guide for the 9000 HD and as I understand it I setup my motor setting in the box first and then apply patch. Can anyone advise on which patch I have to use to get the box setup and the gift channels? I am a little unsure.

echelon
07-09-2010, 04:39 PM
just use the latest patch and choose software update only ( the top one ) and factory reset afterwards

do not use software + data as you may lose the gift

korset777
07-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Hi,

Also got my spiderbox yesterday. Is it necessary to do a factory reset after loading the last patch?? I have loaded the patch and software update, but did not do a factory reset. Will not all available channels work without?
Thanks.

Locoman
07-09-2010, 05:00 PM
You will not be disspointed, pleased with mine 9000 hd

echelon
07-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi,

Also got my spiderbox yesterday. Is it necessary to do a factory reset after loading the last patch?? I have loaded the patch and software update, but did not do a factory reset. Will not all available channels work without?
Thanks.

you do as you like , but a factory reset after patching is recommended ;)

john.dat
07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Hi,

Thanks.

Dunno, just do it but save the chann' list to USB stick before doing the factory reset ;) :D

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I have done a scan on 1w and download this file, Gift Patch 9000HD and 7000HD 27/8/10. After I downloaded it I put it onto my 1GB stick and did a s/w update and factory reset. What do I need to do now to get the channels open?

john.dat
07-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I have done a scan on 1w and download this file, Gift Patch 9000HD and 7000HD 27/8/10. After I downloaded it I put it onto my 1GB stick and did a s/w update and factory reset. What do I need to do now to get the channels open?

A S/W update Only I hope :biggrinjester:

Set your Sat Box up with your Tv (OSD in Menu) - Motor Settings, USALS, add your Long / Lat

Why not upload BillyBits chann' listing 5/8/2010 ?- save you a load of time scanning in the chann'

Check you have uploaded latest patch in the gift section

echelon
07-09-2010, 08:53 PM
if you have a 9000 you should not be downloading or using the 7000 patches

and if you follow the tutorials you would know how to open channels

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 08:58 PM
if you have a 9000 you should not be downloading or using the 7000 patches

and if you follow the tutorials you would know hoe to open channels

I downloaded the patch for the 9000 and did a factory reset. I am looking in the stickys but I can't see what I need to do next.

files for 7000 and 9000 are in the same thread so I got the 9000 one.

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Found another sticky now and got in the hidden menu, I am getting there. :)

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Guides and Faq are in the Guides and FAQ section ;)

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=567

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Guides and Faq are in the Guides and FAQ section ;)

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=567

I got some pictures now, I went into the NuevoXstream and activated that. Do I need to do anything with the Service+?

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:33 PM
I got some pictures now, I went into the NuevoXstream and activated that. Do I need to do anything with the Service+?

if you see 250mc and the rest of the mac code in service plus , try registering that one too

once its connected you should be ok

turn ucas on in keyedit , reset key data and load spider softcam

I hope you logged your 25 digit registration number for nuevo

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:36 PM
if you see 250mc and the rest of the mac code in service plus , try registering that one too

once its connected you should be ok

turn ucas on in keyedit , reset key data and load spider softcam

I hope you logged your 25 digit registration number for nuevo

Was I suppose to write the number down? :S

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Was I suppose to write the number down? :S

yes , or some members recommend taking a piccie with your mobile phone or a digital camera

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:41 PM
yes , or some members recommend taking a piccie with your mobile phone or a digital camera

Have I messed it up now? :(

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Have I messed it up now? :(

well if you lost your registration or lost the box firmware and reflashed you wouldnt have your gift , and now you do not know your registration number in order to pass it on for reactivation

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:45 PM
well if you lost your registration or lost the box firmware and reflashed you wouldnt have your gift , and now you do not know your registration number in order to pass it on for reactivation

Feel gutted now :( What would be the chances of me loosing my box firmware?

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Feel gutted now :( What would be the chances of me loosing my box firmware?

quite easy if you had pressed software + data update , instead of software only

you were told to read the tutorials , I even wrote one myself and added it to the spiderlover post

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
quite easy if you had pressed software + data update , instead of software only

you were told to read the tutorials , I even wrote one myself and added it to the spiderlover post

Lesson learned, I just hope that others read this and benefit and don't make the same mistake I did. I will just have to be careful now with the box.

echelon
07-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Lesson learned, I just hope that others read this and benefit and don't make the same mistake I did. I will just have to be careful now with the box.

once you have set this up with channel lists etc , and you are happy with it , do a backup to usb stick , and do both options , channel list , and channel +data , as the data holds your registration info

Dreamlife
07-09-2010, 10:00 PM
once you have set this up with channel lists etc , and you are happy with it , do a backup to usb stick , and do both options , channel list , and channel +data , as the data holds your registration info

Thanks

So if I understand this correctly, if I backup the data and my firmware does go to pot (really hope it don't), I can restore the registration?

echelon
07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks

So if I understand this correctly, if I backup the data and my firmware does go to pot (really hope it don't), I can restore the registration?

thats the theory , that restoring your backup restores your firmware with reg key intact

Dreamlife
08-09-2010, 06:32 AM
I have just thought of something. They say that all the channels are switching over from NuevoXstream to Service+ so won't NuevoXstream be needed anymore? If NuevoXstream won't be used anymore then neither will will this 25 digit key? Sorry if i'm wrong but I was thinking about this earlier

echelon
08-09-2010, 07:42 AM
I have just thought of something. They say that all the channels are switching over from NuevoXstream to Service+ so won't NuevoXstream be needed anymore? If NuevoXstream won't be used anymore then neither will will this 25 digit key? Sorry if i'm wrong but I was thinking about this earlier

that may well be true

I was talking about the way things are , not how they might be in the future