PDA

View Full Version : New Vix image question

dog-man
10-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I am toying with trying the new 'Vix' image on my duo.

Can anyone confirm that once I have installed the image via usb and set up the network details there is the ability to download plugins etc?

I don't really fancy manually installing stuff.

dog-man

kloddy
10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I am toying with trying the new 'Vix' image on my duo.

Can anyone confirm that once I have installed the image via usb and set up the network details there is the ability to download plugins etc?

I don't really fancy manually installing stuff.
dog-man

yes you can download stuff just didnt like this image everything had to go through menu button.

good quality picture though.

logout
10-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Just ordered a vu+duo, what image are you running at the moment, and what would you suggest to start with.

dog-man
10-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I am currently running the Pli image.

I do like it but want to experiment with others before sticking with an image long term.

I have heard that the integrated epg is excellent on Vix.

On Pli I have lots of problems with only part of a program being recorded when set via the inbuilt epg system.

I am sure this will be sorted soon. Could be something I am doing wrong as I have not had the vu long, although it's a simple matter of highlighting the program you want to record and pressing a button.

dog-man

dog-man
10-09-2010, 03:04 PM
If I save my Pli settings for satellite positions etc, would I be able to use them in another image?

Or would the settings saved be image specific?

It would make life much easier for me if I could just install my saved settings.

dog-man

A
10-09-2010, 03:55 PM
yes can be used on another image

dog-man
10-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Time to start experimenting then. :respect-057:

dog-man

kirit
11-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Help please, new to Vu+ and i want to install channel list by ftp but can't find the folder to put them in. eginma2 folder not there?

A
11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
why dont you use dreambox edit ?

basilyoung
11-09-2010, 10:43 PM
regards to the VIX image

I think its great, its a first edition, and very few complaints, the channel list needs to be transferred via db edit, but other than that, I think its a very nice image

baz

dog-man
12-09-2010, 05:25 AM
I tried vix but didn't like it. I wasn't happy with the picture quality.

I also found it difficult to read the menu, but maybe I had the picture settings wrong??

I may try it again when it has advanced a bit as I have heard very good things about the built in epg system.

I am sticking with Pli for the time being as I quite like it, although the recording facility vi the epg is poor as it often only records only several minutes of a program or if a football match, just the first half even though in the epg I highlight the entire match to record.

dog-man

kirit
12-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the reply A i thought ftp would be easier, but will try that thanks.