PDA

View Full Version : Pl channels 0.8 west?

chopper1
10-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Hi guys,
i cannot open the PL footy channels on 0.8 west, do i need to load the latest patch to open them, also with the freezing of some channels is it better to have the router as close as posssible to the spiderbox, eg: 3 metres or so?
thanks, C

mister-t
10-09-2010, 01:33 PM
pl channels down for me to,also 30w,maybe the swap over has started?
or its the start of the weekend,seems every weekend at the moment there are problems,but no doubt it will be sorted soon

mister-t

ramjet
10-09-2010, 02:11 PM
well I would think its all part of the changeover already announced in another thread here that I was reading

afshino
10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
temporary all service+ down .

mister-t
11-09-2010, 03:47 PM
its getting beyound a joke now.just watching wolves and gone off again
and yes i am moaning,if they are doing server upgrades why on a saturday
when everyone wants to watch the football.ok moan over now

mister-t

dave859
11-09-2010, 03:49 PM
what a waste of time ive got a house full of people and feel like a right fool.

Riponair
11-09-2010, 03:49 PM
yes it is anoying I was watching Chelsea and now nothing.

scrapman
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
same here nothing :banghead:

pgmabley
11-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Been off since Wednesday or Thursday for me. Other sats are working just not anything on Thor.

charlie
11-09-2010, 09:11 PM
I know its annoying when the screens go black, but lets have a bit of patience im sure everything will be rectified soon,

Bazza1974
12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Its a joke the devils at work again a certain website are telling members if they want the 3 oclock kick offs they need to buy a subscription card.

The same website are the ones behind these boxes and it seems they are posting everyone knew there would not be 3 oclock kick offs, they are closing all threads on the matter.

i think you will find this happening every week ow on a saturday afternoon.

But there were channels still open with 3pms on when these went down. On 13e Canal+ Sport HD Poland and Nova Sports1 had games. But don't start slinging ****e around about the end of 3pms on gift because today's issues were just a one off due to the server changes...

john.dat
12-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Its a joke the devils at work again a certain website are telling members if they want the 3 oclock kick offs they need to buy a subscription card.

The same website are the ones behind these boxes and it seems they are posting everyone knew there would not be 3 oclock kick offs, they are closing all threads on the matter.

i think you will find this happening every week ow on a saturday afternoon.

You wouldn't be the banned chembo per chance :sifone:

chelseaboy
12-09-2010, 01:41 AM
thats a good guess, but i just couldnt help myself, anyway enough of the moaning lets just see what happens, but i feel a lot of people are going to very disapointed.

john.dat
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
thats a good guess, but i just couldnt help myself, anyway enough of the moaning lets just see what happens, but i feel a lot of people are going to very disapointed.

It depends what your expectations are but I do get your drift and do hope it doesn't come to that, after all, the geezer has a lot more to lose than you or I ;)

chelseaboy
12-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Im happy with the box even if i dont get 3 oclock kick offs from particular packages, its just the way people go about doing things, it looks likes its all been manafactured to sell more items.

we all know the main reason a lot of people buy a sat reciever is to be able to be able to view most pl matches on a saturday afternoon at 3 oclock.

Now for someone to say a package is open on a reciever and that particular package shows a lots of 3 oclock pl matches, seems to be a ploy to sell more recievers.

Now i know that the last few weeks when pl games are on at 3 oclock on a saturday on the particular package that show the majority of the 3 oclock games have gone down.

We all know its a risk buying a reciever like this, and every so often you expect them to go down, but to go down every week the pl is on at 3 oclock on a saturday afternoon seems to be a bit funny.

especially when you are then told if you want the 3 oclock games you should buy a subscription card.

Just a bit of honesty would be nice.

john.dat
12-09-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah I take your point - I dunno why the server went down or whether a plug was pulled but we won't know that or guess that in the short term .He did say that work is going on to move the chann' from Neuvox... to Gift_Service+ where its more stable but does seem odd that they chose to do it at 3pm'ish when this is the most demanding time .We also don't know how this is set up eg by him or another group / person in the UK or abroad and forwarded on.......we just don't know .What we do know or should know is that you can't make claims and not deliver and expect to stay in business - that goes for any business, you would go ****_up in short order .

Based on that and my small investment and the fact the guy has been on the scene for years, I have to believe that he will deliver and these gremlins will work their way out of the system - thats my theory .You can con' me once but never again, ....see where I'm coming from ?

mister-t
12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
the spider is fine,no complaints about that at all.so far the box has delivered
what it was supposed to,but for people to say that there is football on other channels besides the pl channels aint much good if the team you want to watch or support (for me wolves)is not being shown on other sport channels
well ones i can receive on my dish.maybe we have been spoilt for choice?
anyway time will tell if yesterday(saturday) was just a glitch due to server
switch over

mister-t

TonyO
12-09-2010, 09:32 AM
I watched all the games I wanted to, if one of the packages goes down switch to another one.

Load the latest softcam and watch footy on bulsat, theres no server envolved with that one.

mister-t
12-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I watched all the games I wanted to, if one of the packages goes down switch to another one.

Load the latest softcam and watch footy on bulsat, theres no server envolved with that one.

thats fine if thats what you want to do,but being a wolves fan,i was limited to
pl3,like i said hopefully a one off situation with server problems,remember
not everyone is a supporter of the so called big clubs

mister-t

john.dat
12-09-2010, 10:50 AM
the spider is fine,no complaints about that at all.so far the box has delivered
what it was supposed to,but for people to say that there is football on other channels besides the pl channels aint much good if the team you want to watch or support (for me wolves)is not being shown on other sport channels
well ones i can receive on my dish.maybe we have been spoilt for choice?
anyway time will tell if yesterday(saturday) was just a glitch due to server
switch over

mister-t

I don't have a clear sweep of all the Sats either due to buildings / tree's in the way, they block my view but that can't be the concern of the place that sold you the gear .Yes its frustrating or even annoying but we shouldn't slag-off the person who sold it to us, it was our choice and most of us know the limits of what we can access .:bravo-009:

mister-t
12-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't have a clear sweep of all the Sats either due to buildings / tree's in the way, they block my view but that can't be the concern of the place that sold you the gear .Yes its frustrating or even annoying but we shouldn't slag-off the person who sold it to us, it was our choice and most of us know the limits of what we can access .:bravo-009:

i am not slagging anyone off,and no buildings or trees stopping me getting
thor,my point was,why do server updates or whatever was happening
when they know that the majority of people would be watching 3pm football

the team i support was only being shown on 3sats,thor which is easy to receive,the others you need a very large dish,or maybe i should switch
alegience and become a glory hunter:respect-069:
mister-t

john.dat
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM
i am not slagging anyone off,and no buildings or trees stopping me getting
thor,my point was,why do server updates or whatever was happening
when they know that the majority of people would be watching 3pm football

Yes, I agree, bad timing but as already said, we don't know what happened other than we didn't get the right signal down the line to make it all work, thats all we know ;)

mister-t
12-09-2010, 11:14 AM
no problem like i have already said ,well pleased with the box just one of
those things i suppose

mister-t

chelseaboy
12-09-2010, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=john.dat;749411]Yes, I agree, bad timing but as already said, we don't know what happened other than we didn't get the right signal down the line to make it all work, thats all we know ;)[/QUOTE

bad timing every saturday when the premiership is on they decide to do updates, come on do you really think people are that thick?

Im just glad ive kept hold of my trusty protek.

john.dat
12-09-2010, 11:30 AM
[QUOTE=john.dat;749411]Yes, I agree, bad timing but as already said, we don't know what happened other than we didn't get the right signal down the line to make it all work, thats all we know ;)[/QUOTE

bad timing every saturday when the premiership is on they decide to do updates, come on do you really think people are that thick?

Im just glad ive kept hold of my trusty protek.

Well thanks for the heads-up about Saturdays, only had my box for 5 weeks and for 2 weeks no prem' footie but otherwise, not missed a match so far due to server FU - Surely I must be better off than updating Cams with keys like last season ? :banghead:

minx
13-09-2010, 05:19 PM
The speed with which some people complain when there's a temporary glitch, or whatever, amazes me. They write as if they've a perfect entitlement to watch something that they haven't actually paid for! Bet they're not so quick on the 'thanks' button when its all going well. Chill, fellow viewers and be mighty grateful for all who make our colourful screens possible.:respect-057:

barrysat
13-09-2010, 06:28 PM
hi guys,

i dont follow you guys, some are saying no channels on thor.
you must looking someware else,
i get all channels thor hd channels, on 30 west, i get all
channels sport football, 19e east, canal + sport films,
i get all of sport on 23 east, 39 east, films sport.
a good rec spiderbox hd 9000, :respect-010:

Friendly-Face
13-09-2010, 07:25 PM
there you see , ppl what to have TV for FREE 24/7 /365

common you guys, do you not read before you complain.
the DM and their team has made it clear that there will be some temporary on/off from 10 to 20 i think it was, this is due to some thing they are changing.

What is wrong with you guys, do you think that you buy a box for 200 pounds and you have the right to see all pakages for free, do you not get it, what is wrong with moving the dish to another satelite or look and buy an card for god sake.

I do use the box but i have all the cards i need for my self, i do not miss the one pakage that may be off on Spider as all the channels i like i pay for incl SLY from the UK, Tring for the Fotty and other pakages. Now what i get from Spiderbox is just plain bonus from my side.

Yes few ppl here are always on the look to just complain, or maybe few are just wating for only those moments to hurt or say this and that for a certain person and company.

mister-t
13-09-2010, 08:12 PM
hi guys,

i dont follow you guys, some are saying no channels on thor.
you must looking someware else,
i get all channels thor hd channels, on 30 west, i get all
channels sport football, 19e east, canal + sport films,
i get all of sport on 23 east, 39 east, films sport.
a good rec spiderbox hd 9000, :respect-010:

topic was about pl2 channels on thor on saturday,not any other sats or any other day,we all know there are changes happening,maybe mods should close this thread now as its getting a bit te-dious(not sure i spelt that right)

mister-t