PDA

View Full Version : vu+ problem

teddy30
14-09-2010, 09:42 PM
I have just got my new vu+ and i have followed the dummies steps but when try to upload the image it does not do it. it says service unavailable, never finished. help please

hda5
15-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Moved to the correct section, please don't post questions in a files only section.

Check the USB Pen is formatted to FAT 32.

The USB Stick should contain a folder called
vuplus in the root.

There should be another folder inside the vuplus folder called "duo"

The files go in the duo folder.

So in vuplus/duo you should see the following files

boot_cfe_auto.jffs2
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
root_cfe_auto.jffs2

teddy30
15-09-2010, 06:49 AM
I have done every thing that u said and its makes no dif, i am new to this and i have followed all steps but i dont seem to get any wear.

A
15-09-2010, 08:41 AM
have you scanned some channels ? Try another USB stick

hda5
15-09-2010, 10:18 AM
If the service unavailable, never finished message is displayed on the front display after attempting to install an image then do as A has suggested and try a different brand of USB stick.

teddy30
15-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Ok I will give it ago. At work right but i hope it works.

jrbmw
15-09-2010, 12:55 PM
have you set the tuners up and scanned the sats

regards jrbmw

teddy30
15-09-2010, 07:21 PM
thanks to every one for the help i am getting there, I have go a new usb drive ( it works a treat). I have done all of the steps and now i have loading defaults and i cannot do any thing. menu, ok buttons dont do nothing

hda5
15-09-2010, 09:53 PM
It can take a few minutes to boot ater re-flashing so just leave it on the loading defaults screen for a while before trying the menu button.

teddy30
16-09-2010, 04:49 PM
I have had my vu+ on all and it still says loading defaults in top left hand of screen, do i just for get about it or have i done something wrong

hda5
16-09-2010, 06:20 PM
Can you get into the menu OK?

satmanbasil
17-09-2010, 04:12 AM
Hi mate

OK is your receiver stuck with the spinner maybe an hourglass just spinning in the top left hand corner of the screen or has it stopped.

If it continues to do so for more than say 10 mins i would power off from the back and wait 30 sec then power up again. I take it u did when loading the image power off and removed the usb before powering back up

When you was in the setup ******* did i set your config for satellite right if so then have your dish pointing at the bird you u assigned
The reason why hda5 asked if you can see the menu its because u need to press the arrow down button and then green to select your satellite and if pointing to 19e i wud select astra hd as its fta because u havent the vu will just show the boot logo screen

your front panel when its loading the image it says starting but when it boots it should say vu duo then when its booted it will have the channel name its locked onto .
All else fails reinstall with another image try downloading for a different site incase theres a glitch with where ur downloading the last one from

regards
satmanbasil

teddy30
17-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks to all I am up and running now. Just need to get the football for the weekend now cheers again. :respect-023:

teddy30
20-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi i am back again. how do up load catseyes channel list, put it as simple and pos, I am not used to all this yet sorry.. thanks teddy

tashaza
23-09-2010, 12:32 PM
hi dear friends need help for vu+duo.i try most of every image but my vu+duo not rebooting. i try with nullcable and with try with about 5 usb but no luck.on putty program i got massage-failure during writing to nand partition,can not find good blocks in partition.
failed:error