PDA

View Full Version : Can not telnet Vu+Duo remotely

unisat
16-09-2010, 07:47 AM
Hi,

Need instruction to enable me telnet my vu+ from work.

In my router I enabled port forwarding abd setup as follows

Ip address of my vu+ TCP/udp (both) port start 23 port end 23.

Unfortunately still can not telnet vu+ from office.

Help pls.

Giga
16-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Portforward = server (to serve) = outgoing traffic.
And the router on your work allows telnet (sysadmin @ work probably blocks this)
On your router you need a rule allowing incoming traffic or service (telnet) from IP adress from work if this is fixed ip range.
if this is not the case (fixed ip range) you rather have to look at VPN (tunnel) and telnet from there.

unisat
16-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Portforward = server (to serve) = outgoing traffic.
And the router on your work allows telnet (sysadmin @ work probably blocks this)
On your router you need a rule allowing incoming traffic or service (telnet) from IP adress from work if this is fixed ip range.
if this is not the case (fixed ip range) you rather have to look at VPN (tunnel) and telnet from there.
thanks yr reply.

1/outgoing traffic.
And the router on my work allows telnet . I am the boss !

2/ "On your router you need a rule allowing incoming traffic or service (telnet) from IP adress from work if this is fixed ip range.
if this is not the case (fixed ip range) you rather have to look at VPN (tunnel) and telnet from there"

Do you mean On my router at home. If so pls explain in simple language what should i do in my home router, as explained in my first post i did port forward my vu+ ip to port 23 for both tcp/udp.

Giga
16-09-2010, 10:14 AM
this depends on the router(s):
router at home:
define service telnet to allow incoming traffic from your office to IP address Vu+Duo (receiving traffic).
check both routers (work and home) logs for blocked traffic from and to Vu+Duo.
internet security, packet filtering, ...
Check help pages in your router setup (via its web access)