PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox Options

joany
19-09-2010, 10:09 AM
1.Is there a possibility of sharing the signal within a house.
2.I'm sure you're not supposed to but could you set up another box(on the same lan) as a client to cccam the 'gift' from the spiderbox.
3.If the gift expires could the box be used as a cccam client
4.is implementation of a multi lnb setup (3-4 lnb's) straight forward enough to setup (say 0.8W, 23.5E, 28E, 39E)

thanks in advance

ps its not for me but my bro is considering taking the plunge.

Finally, is there a comprehensive list of channels available (inc the 'gift')

echelon
19-09-2010, 10:23 AM
2.I'm sure you're not supposed to but could you set up another box(on the same lan) as a client to cccam the 'gift' from the spiderbox.
4.is implementation of a multi lnb setup (3-4 lnb's) straight forward enough to setup (say 0.8W, 23.5E, 28E, 39E)

thanks in advance

1) yes , especially if its more than one spiderbox

2) cccam isnt used for sending from the box , but you can use newcamd and n lines instead

if you are using 2 or more spiderboxes it simply uses the home lan system inside called homeplus which has 8 slots available ( up to 8 boxes locally )

3) yes , it can receive either a c line or an n line

4) yes , dead simple as there is a 4 way diseqc simple switch option in the menu for this purpose , or you can use 8 way or even larger switches if you wished to

please note the gift is not transferable so cannot pass onto a second box from a first box , each box has to have its own service plus setup , which is standard and free for each box, but only within the box , no external transfer to another box

techmate
19-09-2010, 10:30 AM

thanks in advance

for question 3 am doing that, havnt bothered with gift. just make sure u find a good one mate...
regards tm

ramjet
19-09-2010, 10:39 AM
the spiderbox 9000HD has an rf modulator inside it so you can send the signal from this box into your aerial system and feed every tv with an analogue signal that needs to be tuned in , so all tv,s are watching the single box , albeit through analogue , like on the old tm1500 or samsung 9500 or similar boxes
the previous answers were designed for a multiple box system using the lan for a share , and so each box will need its own feed , meaning that the dish would use quad lnb,s and a separate diseqc switch feeding each separate box , so each box gets its own feed , but they share from a common lan that has an internet access through a router , or using a lan switch to share with one ethernet cable going to the router for the net, many choices , but basically give each box its own coaxial and lan feeds ;)

joany
19-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Here is another (slightly OT) question. If you had a twin tuner stb with multiple lnb's would you be able to connect to a cs server then keep one sat locally and send another sat (receiver output) to another box (or tv) via video sender or other means??

Or would the server only allow you to connect to one channel at a time, even if it were a multiple receiver box?

echelon
19-09-2010, 11:04 AM

there are lists kept of the gift channels and packages in the gift section of the spiderbox section here

Here is another (slightly OT) question. If you had a twin tuner stb with multiple lnb's would you be able to connect to a cs server then keep one sat locally and send another sat (receiver output) to another box (or tv) via video sender or other means??

Or would the server only allow you to connect to one channel at a time, even if it were a multiple receiver box?

I am no expert on this but in general a server only allows one box to receive the line , so they actively block a reshare in their f line or whatever they use to stop this from being done by the receiving box ( it can actually be done so they block it at source )

I cannot answer for the twin tuner aspect but would have thought you are only sending what you are watching ( if it has an rf modulator or if you use a video sender from the scart output ). also you tend to find there is no standard output if the box is switched to high def , so you have to lower the def to make the scart or composite work on a few boxes if you wanted to say watch and record. so its complicated I know but that is the nature of this game , nothing is ever simple , and the twin tuner aspect makes it much more complicated , and its best to assume that whatever is "in house" , stays "in house" on a receiver , and that you need a lower def in order to allow scart or composite to work , but there are some exceptions to this , like my dm800HD for instance

DARKMAN
19-09-2010, 05:46 PM

One qustion reverse m8...Spiderbox has no Twin Tuner for moment , untill December...

No idea this question here !

But still in your Quetsion is litle confusion...

Twin Tuner i understud..

The sharing are many !
Satellite sharing SDS
Ethernet Shaing
Ethernet by Server like Service+

or like CCcam or newcamd or somethink else...

because is all up to the Gonfig you like to do !...

I think is possible becaouse STB has oly one mac Adress do not mater haw many tuners are in..

bnc
20-09-2010, 08:23 PM
Will the twin tuner be at the begining of Dec?
Just wondering if I should hold off buy a new receiver for a bit.