PDA

View Full Version : rec to usb.

chippy
19-09-2010, 10:22 AM
i want to start recording from my box, i dont have an external disc drive. i do have an 8gb usb. has any member used a usb to record direct to. im sure i read here that 8gb will have enough to record a film or a game. and if i can is it as simple as pressing the record button, then when finished opening from usb to view. i ask because having tried i cant find the file on my usb. (it is formatted.) . thanks for any help. chippy.

Tmull
19-09-2010, 10:38 AM
Yes, you can record to a usb stick. I had a small problem in that my connected WD Passport hdd ceased to function when connected to my Spiderbox. I thought it was a box problem and was advise on another forum to try and record with a usb. It recorded and played back straight away It was a faulty lead that was my problem. The file should play no bother on the Spiderbox but not maybe on your pc.TMULL

Mickha
19-09-2010, 10:41 AM
It is as simple as hitting the record button on your remote control, but when you want to play it back press the play button, this will bring up the files.

If you format your USB stick using the Spiderbox options you should get a folder for recordings.

chippy
19-09-2010, 10:41 AM
thanks for prompt reply tmull, i will try again.

honestjohn
19-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Chippy,

When you record direct from the Spiderbox, you find your recordings by pressing the "play" button on the remote. This will bring up the list of recordings you have made, & you simply select / delete what you want.

Regards

Honest

chippy
19-09-2010, 11:01 AM
got it. what an excellent facillity. thanks very much for your help guys. this box is getting better and better. oh yeh one last question, can i record, then switch off box allowing the box to switch off at the end of recording? thanks again guys.

chippy
19-09-2010, 08:01 PM
just a quick update for anybody whos interestd, you can rec from the epg while the box is switched off.