PDA

View Full Version : DM500HD Setup Help

macobl
21-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi guys, forgive my ignorance, but I have never worked with satellites and this is my first time. I need some help, please.

My current set-up is as follows:
DM500HD running DreamEliteBH_DM500HD_133C firmware
Sky dish (I want to buy a proper dish but am afraid to take sky dish off as so far i've had no luck and this way I can always plug sky box back in)

I have flashed the box, all is good, I have connected it to the existing sky dish and it has found around 1100 channels, however I can only view a few of those channels (i.e. bbc).

I have been researching this for days now and am more confused than I was originally. People keep mentioning cards, cccams, softcams and all sorts of things but I can't figure out what it is that I need to have. I would like to have a setup similar to SKY (with regards to the channels' numbers i.e. 101 bbc1, 102 bbc2 etc.) I do not want to use any cards as I would like to put keys in, but that brings me to another question - where do I find those. My understanding is that i need cccam for this, but i haven't got that either. I tried downloading directly from the box, but it can't do it for whatever reason. I can see the box on my LAN from my pc.

Can someone just tell me what exactly it is that I need?

Thanks a lot

gerryl
22-09-2010, 01:05 AM
well best if you can find someone to walk you through the basics...before the red mist sets in...its not rock science...best luck...ps thats a great box well worth gettin up and runnin!

dxdy
22-09-2010, 01:11 AM
1. you need proper channel list if you dont want to manual scan (look for Don@, likra, Vhannibal or vento E2 channel lists)

2. for scrambled channels you need original card or (for example) emulator (CCCAM) with connection to CS server...

m14h
22-09-2010, 12:11 PM
http://https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=120821
here is a link to cccam download put all the files in /tmp and do a manual install through addons and for your channel list i found this to be the to be closest matching sly channel numbers google this Sly UK Bouquets v3.5 17th September(maybe on this forum) 2010 by B16MCC and as dxdy said you need a sub to clear any pay channels DE server is no more so you get connection fail, so you will need to do manual install on everything you require or try diffrent image just a suggestion to get started hope this helped

oldfart
22-09-2010, 07:13 PM
you can use your sky card in the DM, but you will need to install Cccam to be able to access it.
You will also need a 'boxkey' generator - it gives you a number based on the sky card (or you sky box). This number goes into the cccam.cfg file

macobl
22-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. M14, I will try the Bouquets tonight.
One question though, if the DE server (not quite sure what it is) is no more is there any point in having cccam? What other image would you recommend? Would the other image sort out the cccam issue and the CS server as dxdy called it?
Pleae don't get upset with me guys, but I'm really new to all this and I have nobody to help me. I've been using google and all these different forums, but still need guidance.
Cheers

m14h
22-09-2010, 09:18 PM
dream elite server is where you can get addons for example skins/picons/emu etc and as to your cccam question what issues are you having try this link maybe explain a little more
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138275
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99628
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103429

macobl
23-09-2010, 12:35 AM
M14H, you're the man! Thanks a lot for all the info. It's all starting to make more sense now, but you have provided me with a lot of study material and i will be going through all of it. Hopefully it will all make sense soon :-)
Oldfart, thanks for your comment, but I am not at that stage yet, I really don't know how to do what you said there. I'll google it tomorrow as I'm getting tired now and have to work tomorrow.
Once again, THANKS a lot for the help guys

macobl
23-09-2010, 10:03 PM
M14H, I've change the image to Gemini2 5.1, so far so good, downloaded the 2.1.4 cccam and it's working. Should I download any other ones? Any recommendations? I am having trouble installing the Sly UK Bouquets v3.5, though. I've unzipped it and put all the files in the /tmp folder but can't figure out how to install it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?
Cheers

m14h
23-09-2010, 10:26 PM
M14H, I've change the image to Gemini2 5.1, so far so good, downloaded the 2.1.4 cccam and it's working. Should I download any other ones? Any recommendations? I am having trouble installing the Sly UK Bouquets v3.5, though. I've unzipped it and put all the files in the /tmp folder but can't figure out how to install it. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?
Cheers
you need to download dreambox edit to load the channel list or you can do it manually through ftp every file to /etc/enigma2/ bar the satellite.xml/cables.xml/terrestrial.xml/timezone.xml they go in /etc/tuxbox/ and restart box and your done not 100% on if they the right folders for gemini image if it wrong someone will defo correct me heres link to dbedit _https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138762

macobl
23-09-2010, 10:53 PM
It seems like majority of people are using dmelite, incl yourself, if i'm no mistaken, I'll re-flash back to the elite firmware (don't really fancy gemini either) and will give that epg thing a go.
Cheers man

m14h
23-09-2010, 11:48 PM
its user preference really as much as anything as to which image people prefer you will get the measure of things really quick @macobl

macobl
24-09-2010, 01:34 AM
hopefully I will, I think I'll stick to gemini for a while, I like their add-on features, just installed the subtitles addon, whereas I couldn't see any addons while on elite, the box would just hang. Another question, if you don't mind, a colleague of mine has got a technomate and he says there is a dollar sign next to the channels that are subscrioption only so he knows exactly where to go and where not to go. Is it possible to have that on the dreambox as well? At the moment I won't know what's sub what's not until I actually try and view the channel. Oh, I installed the bouquet, you were spot on, but for me to use it I have to go to info, then multi epg and then select that one. Is there a way to have that bouquet set as default so that I don't need to go through all those steps?
Cheers man

macobl
25-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Ok, I'm pretty much setup, just need a little more help and that's it. I've subscribed for channels on a website but I get no video or audio. I suppose I'm missing the codecs on the box. How do i resolve that issue? I do get the subtitles, but that is where it ends....

Thanks

macobl
26-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Anyone?

jimrare
26-09-2010, 11:47 AM
This is how it goes.

1. You install gemini
2. From the gemini menu you setup your dish settings and also the network so that you can access the internet
3. By pressing the blue button you go to the addons server and install sat settings if you can't bother scanning your sattelite/s

With these 3 steps you should be able to watch free to air channels

4. Again from the blue button and addons server, you download CCcam and also the CCcam.config. CCcam is the program that will let you use your official subscription or connect to a cardserver and the config is the configuration file in order to make CCcam working. You need to a) enable CCcam once you have dowloaded it and also b) edit the config file with your correct settings which have to do with your own legit sub or cardserver.

jimrare
26-09-2010, 11:50 AM
At the moment I won't know what's sub what's not until I actually try and view the channelYou can understand it when pressing the ok button or when changing a channel by looking at the lower left corner. The B I S V ... letters usually have a yellow or green box around them. If its yellow it means the channel you are watching is encrypted. If its green it means that you have succesfully decrypted it using your card or server and if its got nothing then you are on a free to air channel which is not encrypted.

I've subscribed for channels on a website but I get no video or audioSomething like youtube? A cardserver?

macobl
26-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Yesterday I reflashed with newnigma2-release-dm500hd-v3.0.1 (I was desperate and didn't know what else to do). I've got the cccam 2.1.4 working, subscribed on a website for cardservers and input the c lines they emailed me. All the encrypted channels have the lock in the bottom left corner but I can see the subtitles. No audio or video. They keep telling me they have a problem on their end, but I am a bit paranoid and am afraid that the issue is on my end, possibly with codecs (i'm a windows guy not linux, so i'm just trying an educated guess).
Thanks

jimrare
26-09-2010, 12:08 PM
The 4 above steps are all you need.
There are no audio/video codecs to install, these are handled by the hardware.

macobl
26-09-2010, 12:11 PM
So, the problem is on their end in that case?

jimrare
26-09-2010, 12:37 PM
They keep telling me they have a problem on their end, but I am a bit paranoid and am afraid that the issue is on my end

So, the problem is on their end in that case?If they are telling you it is their fault, why are you trying to look for something else?

Giga
26-09-2010, 12:41 PM
guessing: check your router for blocked traffic to and from your dreambox
port forwarding not needed for client (your receiver)

macobl
26-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I am new to the world of satellites and dreambox, and I want to make sure I haven't missed something out, like a plug-in or something silly like that.

No problems with the firewall...

jimrare
27-09-2010, 09:32 PM
So you paid for a "subscription" but they say they have some kind of problem? Sounds like a scam to me

macobl
28-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I am not sure if i'm allowed to post the web site here, but it seems legit, they fixed the issue and it's been working ok. Cuts out every now and then, but seems ok. I am puzzled as to why I paid £300 for the box and now have to pay more subscriptions...

jimrare
28-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I am puzzled as to why I paid £300 for the box and now have to pay more subscriptions...I am puzzled as well. I was expecting lifetime free viewing of all channels worldwide. Now that i am thinking it again, they should have given us the box for free as well. :respect-063:

macobl
03-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, i've scrapped that subscription as it wasn't working half of the time, looking for a new one now..
Anyway, back to technical questions, how can i make EPG refresh automatically (i guess that is what i need)? Basically, when I browse through channels, I would like to see what is on at that moment and possibly what's on next. I only get that info if I actually select the channel and then start browsing again. I have enabled automatic EPG refresh in the menu, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

davemaden
03-10-2010, 12:44 PM
if you are running blackhole 1.3.3 then press blue then red to enter epg settings , select satmate sly uk press green to open provider settings then yellow to d/load , takes about 15 seconds . then press yellow "single epg"
let us know if this works , you can also d/load more than one epg data i.e. rytec or others . hope this helps

macobl
04-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Hey davemaden, thanks a lot for the instructions, worked like a charm. I am using newnigma2-release-dm500hd-v3.0.1 so it's a little bit different. Had to download and install EPGImport and that's it.
Thanks again

davemaden
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
no problem im new to this aswell and havent even tried to send anything to box yet as dont want to mess things up , some kind person on here helped me set it up and get it running , i have to say its a great box .