PDA

View Full Version : Dm 8000

brain
23-09-2010, 09:15 AM
I know this is a basic silly question but do you use a null modem serial lead or normal to add Dream-up. Its so long since I set a new box up!! Or does the box normally already have Dream-up. I have downloaded the guides and every time I connect to the box it just says turn on DB. Box is set up and online with wifi - Many thanks - Brain

hda5
23-09-2010, 10:51 AM
If you want to flash using Dreamup you'll require a NULL serial cable.
Instructions for using DreamUp can be found on Dream's website
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm8000-flashing-dreamup

Why not flash via the network instead?
Instructions:
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-new-firmware-browser

brain
23-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi hda5
Thanks very much for that - I should be very glad to lose the old antique lappie with serial. Have found the site BUT there is no link at bottom of page for firmware upgrade. Tools will not load either - any ideas? Many thanks again - Brain

oldfart
23-09-2010, 03:12 PM
look here:-
_https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=109302

satlife
23-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Stylish remote control for DM8000 HD PVR
- Is included here in the great TV almost all TVs

- Scan function to use for even a TV in TV mode

- Learning function to integrate more features in TV

- Central illuminated with 10 sec timeout function for lighting

- 4-way code switch with DIP switch that allows the use of multiple speakers in a room Dream

- Battery status indicator is triggered by an early low battery voltage

Technical data:
Dimensions: 19.5 x 5.5 x 2 cm (L x W x H)

Weight: 130g (without batteries)

Batteries: 3 x AAA
can some tell me how to get it to work on 8000db, what needs to be done?

brain
23-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Oldfart
Thanks for the help but I am going round in circles. Everytime I put in the IP address I get the webcontrol page - ie no update. Is there something to do with the LAN lead that gets to the one shown on the article? I am very puzzled and feeling very silly. I have also downloaded the secondstage but windows 7 has no idea what to do with it!! Many thanks for any further help - Brain [less]

brain
23-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Just to help - this is the screen I get when I type in the DBs IP address - dreambox webcontrol - not web interface. Hope this helps. Brain

Quailman
23-09-2010, 06:30 PM
If you want to re flash via web browser you need to boot the DM with your finger held on the bottom button on the front of the DM, this will boot it in IP mode then type the address that is on the display.

brain
23-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi there
Yes I did this to get the IP address of the box and used this in the browser. How will the IP mode change the box itself? I could set any IP address if that would help since the box is well integrated with wi-fi connection. Is this the problem?DHCP is on but if I give it an IP address around my old 7000 like 192.168.0.5 would that change anything? Many thanks for getting back to me. Brain

Quailman
23-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Once you can see the IP address on the small display leave the box in that state (with the ip address on the screen) and then type in the ip address in your web browser.
Its not actually called IP mode i just dont know what the proper name is but it just puts it in a mode where you can re flash and access the bios. Setting the IP address makes no difference.

brain
23-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks Quailman
Will try that later - didnt realise it would stay in that state, but I should abandon DHCP then? Many thanks - Brain

Quailman
23-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Its better to have a fixed ip address for many reasons eg network mounts, cccam, using dreambox edit, telnet and ftp.

oldfart
24-09-2010, 09:21 AM
There are several posts in the DM8k section about flashing & DHCP.
The BEST way to do this to avoid problems is:-
get a cross-over network cable
use a PC (or laptop) with a FIXED IP address (on the same network as your router)
Boot laptop/PC (whilst connected to router)
Connect DM to router (with normal network cable)
boot the DM with your finger held on the bottom button on the front of the DM (for about 30 seconds), this will boot it in IP mode
Connect the DM DIRECT to PC/laptop with crossover cable
type the address that is on the display of the DM into a browser

see here for a discussion re crossover cables
_https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134974

brain
24-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Guys
Thankyou for all your help. I have done implicitly ALL you say several times. The box firmly stays with dhcp on the screen and not an IP address. I have reset the network to a fixed address 192.168.1.12 and all other normal settins, BUT no dhcp - so why is it being such a s*d? I have evn got me daughter to sit and watch me do it step by step. Any ideas why? Many thanks - Brain

Quailman
24-09-2010, 05:45 PM
You said you are using WIFI I have never done it with WIFI. Try via LAN and make sure you turn LAN on in network setup.

brain
24-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi
No I have changed all that to LAN instead of wifi and still the result as above. Would my router be the problem since it has an lan ending 1.1. but the broadcast lan is 1 255 ending? I really am clutching at straws here!! Thanks - Brain

Quailman
24-09-2010, 09:18 PM
You could use an ip scanner on your pc also the button you are pressing on the front of the DM is the bottom one out of the two that are together not the stand by button.

oldfart
24-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi
No I have changed all that to LAN instead of wifi and still the result as above. Would my router be the problem since it has an lan ending 1.1. but the broadcast lan is 1 255 ending? I really am clutching at straws here!! Thanks - Brain

That didn't make sense!
My settings are:-
Router ip = 192.168.1.1
netmask for EVERY machine should be 255.255.255.0
DM = 192.168.1.175
DHCP range on router is set to 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.99
if you set static IP addresses - they should be outside the dynamic range of the router or you could get ip clashes

brain
24-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Hi Oldfart
Yes - I agree - I was just clutching at straws but my settings for the Livebox give 192.168.1.1 for the Lan but 192.168.1.255 broadcast .DHCP start is 192.168.1.9 to server 192.168.1.200. I have heard that the orange Livebox can be odd. So with that my IP for the DM should be before 9 and greater than 201? Should the third number be 0 or 1 ? ie 192.168.0 or .1 before the final figures? I thought i understood all this crap!!! Brain I am not! many thanks - Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 01:24 PM
best bet - set your DM to 192.168.1.210
BUT
when you boot up the box (with your finger on the bottom button) - it will be allocated an address by the DHCP server (in your router).
UNLESS
you have set an ip address in the bios of the DM (that's another story - for later)
for flashing, just use the instructions I posted above and ignore everything else.

brain
25-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi Oldfart
Thankyou so much for being so patient and getting back to me. I am beginning to wonder if it is a problem with the DM. As you say, I have set the 210 IP address with Lan lead connected, then done the reboot. what I then get is a 'STOP' screen and just dhcp.... - it never moves from here [ and this is always what I get]. So I change the lan lead to the crossover and type the 192.169.1.210 address into my browser but it just says not found. I am following the instructions implicitly and have set DMs up before but I cannot get an IP address on the DMs screen - just dhcp... If I reset the DM to dhcp and let it find an address I dont suppose that would work. I have never got to this interface page - only the webcontrol dreambox page. Many thanks - Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 03:02 PM
do the same again, but instead of using a browser, use command prompt and type
telnet 192.168.1.210 and see what you get.......
p.s. I have edited post 13 on page 1 to make things even clearer - make sure you re-read please.

brain
25-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi Was about to do what you say when after the umpteenth reboot it does now show 192.168.0.157. Typed this in to the browser but still no response. Am I being really silly and do I need a web interface programme opened on the computer first??? Thanks - Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Wierd - the DMs ip address should be in the range 192.168.1.x not 192.168.0.x
are you sure of your router's ip address??
Nothing to do with web interfaces

brain
25-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Yes thats what I understood - third figure should be same as third figure in router. Inventel page gives it as 192.168.1.1 - think I may just have bought a very expensive receiver!! I was just wondering whetherI had missed a vital step no mentioned in the instructions ie I should have loaded a webinterface prog to access it. Brain

passete
25-09-2010, 05:44 PM
If you Know the mac Adress of your dm, you can "reserve" on your modem/router an ip for your Box.
This way, even if you let dhcp On, your dm will have allways the same ip !
I use this method for my 4 network linuxbox and for 2 pc's !

oldfart
25-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Right.
From your PC - command prompt - type ipconfig and copy the text and paste here wrapped in code brackets.

brain
25-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Thanks for all the help but have got a screen on and what does 'and copy the text and paste here wrapped in code brackets' mean? Sorry to be so dumb. By the way - if I go through packet manager and get to secondstage loader, if I click on it, DM asks if I want to remove it. Does that mean it is already on the box I have? If so would that make a difference? You must be getting fed up with me by now!! Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 06:38 PM
from command prompt type ipconfig
press right mouse button to mark the text (using cursor keys) press ENTER to copy
then in advanced reply box here paste the text, select it and press the button with a # on the top of the reply box

brain
25-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks but my old lappie wont allow me to copy this page in any way - it can be highlighted but not copied - cancels each time. I just cant understand why I can a. download from the net to box; use webcontrol from any computer on the network but cannot just type one or the other addresses into Firefox and get the DM 8000 interface page using the IP code as it says. Web interface is enabled on the DM and I have downloaded updates and skins for fun. If I go to packet manager and click on secondstage it says do I want to uninstall so I assume that it is there in the flash image. I cannot get the very old lappie with serial port to talk to the DM - it just gets to 'now switch on the Dreambox and no further' It just seems that I am denied just the one step - ie getting the webinterface page via the computer. Thanks for all your help but I think this is a lost case!! Many thanks - Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 07:44 PM
The Dm flash from network page is NOTHING to do with web interface.
You CAN flash the DM from the serial port - have a look at _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/ there are instructions on there.
The secondstage is part of the image and is automatically loaded when u flash the box.
**** edit just had a thought ****
via command promptipconfig > c:\networkconfig.txt
will create a text file on your hard disc, you can copy an paste from that

brain
25-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks M8 - you really are most patient and going beyond the call of duty. I am aware that the network page is different but just wanted to show that all is working well on line. I will look at the serial possibility but I tried putting dreamup on that way on an old serial port lappie and couldnt ever get past 'now switch on the Dreambox'!! Hence trying the webinterface. The lappie is easier since the box is a way from the mainframe but we are mainly Mac here now so the laptop is a necessity for this game, but is running on windows 7 so perhaps that is the problem. I have ttried thet IP on the mac since the webcontrol page works perfectly on it which is why I am so puzzled that I cant get the webinterface on it or the windows lappie. Will keep trying - Brain

oldfart
25-09-2010, 07:59 PM
a Mac should work fine - you have telnet on that (its linux) the only other thing u need is a browser. I sometimes run my DMs from a linux machine - it makes no difference.
Anyway - back to the above post ....

brain
26-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Hi Im back!! Having completely crashed the box out last night I was glad I ahd done a backup to kick it into life. Could it be that I am setting a gateway and nameserver and they are not needed? DM is directnetwork cable to router. PC being used is one network as router - am I confusing the issue. I have set primary DNS as the routers 192.168.1.1 and DM as 192.168.1.210 as you suggested and DHCP is off. If this dont solve things I shall give up and just have a very expensive receiver!! Many thanks - Brain

oldfart
26-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Brain - calm down! You are going round in circles. None of that crap is required yet.
When you turn on the DM whilst holding the button down and it is connected to a router with DHCP, the DM will acquire an IP address from the router unless you have set one it its BIOS (and I guess you haven't).
So, for now - could you go back to square 1.
make a folder on drive C called tmp
run command prompt on your PC,
type ipconfig > c:\tmp\network.txt
post the text on here.
STOP.

brain
26-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi Oldfart,
If I ever meet you I will buy you a great meal as thanks! Attached as requested

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a94b:4760:8795:141a%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.13
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A102BB46-A741-469E-9952-B5821D6FF430}:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{209DBCCB-1430-45E7-9145-9B004A727F9F}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:38f4:217b:a490:c 738
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::38f4:217b:a490:c738%13
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Many thanks - Brain

oldfart
26-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Now
If you can
turn on wifi, connect DM to PC, turn on DM whilst holding bottom button down
and re-do the ipconfig bit and post results here

brain
26-09-2010, 05:07 PM
I connected the PC to DM with crossover and restarted holding lower button and did ip again. Brain
Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e1cd:142:f253:bae0%12
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.186.224
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::a94b:4760:8795:141a%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.13
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A102BB46-A741-469E-9952-B5821D6FF430}:

Tunnel adapter isatap.{209DBCCB-1430-45E7-9145-9B004A727F9F}:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fd:38f4:217b:a490:c 738
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::38f4:217b:a490:c738%13
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

oldfart
26-09-2010, 05:24 PM
OK
Your PCs LAN ip address is NOT 192.168.1.x
you need to fix its ip address
you said you are running windows 7 ???

just a thought - does yur laptop have a switch to turn off wifi?
if so, turn it off, plug the laptop into your router and reboot it - leave it there
now plug the dm into the router, turn it on holding button - does it give an ip address in the display - if so ..
now plug the dm into laptop direct with crossover cable and using a browser type in its ip address

brain
26-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi
yes windows 7 but not a g*****e copy but all features are working well!! I have reset the DM now to wifi and all network connections are working as is webcontrol - [and yes I did have wifi running for the second ipconf]. I have shut down the integratd ethernet since it wouldnt connect but it was running without dhcp with DMIP as 1.4, subnet as usual,gateway as Router 1.1. Wifi integrated are interface yes, dhcp yes and full encryption access. IP adress as assigned was 1.190 with netmask and gateway. Cheers - Brain

brain
26-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I could use the macbook pro instead to contact the DM? I have also loaded down a prog for Mac to work like Fl********d> Brain

oldfart
26-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I don't know if you can flash using WiFi - never tried
if u need to flash try the instructions above.
any more problems (not flashing) then just start a new thread - don't use this one it will get confusing.
If u still need help with flashing, then carry on with this thread - best of luck

oldfart
26-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I could use the macbook pro instead to contact the DM? I have also loaded down a prog for Mac to work like Fl********d> Brain
The programs you need to control EVERYTHING on the DM are:-
any browser (machine independent)
telnet
a bouquet editor - there is a mac version, I saw it on IHAD (that's a pm - since links to other forums are not allowed here)
p.s. you can press the 'thanks' button

brain
26-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Well many many thanks to Oldfart for all his patient help - it is people like this that make this forum such a great place. To summarise - the DM is online and dowloading anything needed but just this irritating locking up on the small screen with 'dhcp....' An address has been assigned by dhcp ending 1.190 but I suspect until I can get that on the 'STOP' screen I am not going to be able to get the webinterface. The aforementioned dhcp address allows me to access and use 'webcontrol' and also use Edit progs. Has anyone had this experience? Thanks again to all for help. Brain[less]!!

oldfart
26-09-2010, 09:41 PM
just to double check.
read this info. _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/flashing-new-firmware-browser
and
when you boot the DM (as per those instructions) you still don't get an ip address in the display??

brain
27-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Okayee
First problem solved - a fault in my lead from router to DM - intermettent at first I think but now diagnosed. Have borrowed my lads Ethernet cable to Xbox and DM is now stopped with an IP address of 1.14. HOWEVER putting into a browser as http://192.168.1.14 does diddly squat - why I scream - there is nothing else on the mulititudinous instructions other than connect by crossover lead from DM to PC [ some dont define straight or crossover since the network will always be straight and PC to DM direct must be crossover] - where do I go from here other than go and try to buy a null modem lead and struggle with very antiquated lappie? Why do the instr. seem to suggest it is so simple? Cheers - Brain

oldfart
27-09-2010, 01:23 PM
just try telnet 192.168.1.14 from a command prompt.

oldfart
27-09-2010, 01:34 PM
@brain - where do you live - I am going to drive past your house and throw a brick through your window.
You now have 2 threads open on the same subject. Suggest you end t'other one!

brain
27-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Hi
Long way from you I think - west country but you are welcome for a visit!! You said open another thread if another prob and it was just a question about whether interface had to be downloaded. Really sorry didnt mean to be rude.Will try your telnet suggestion and close the other thread. OOps - Brain

oldfart
27-09-2010, 01:40 PM
... and ...
just re-read the posts, your laptop does NOT have a fixed IP address outside the DHCP range of your DHCP server. The router is set from 1.9 to 1.200 and your lappie is 1.14 which is inside the DHCP range.
If you don't know how to set your laptop to have a fixed IP address - say so and I'll guide you (assuming Windows 7)

oldfart
27-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Hi
Long way from you I think - west country but you are welcome for a visit!! You said open another thread if another prob and it was just a question about whether interface had to be downloaded. Really sorry didnt mean to be rude.Will try your telnet suggestion and close the other thread. OOps - Brain

Don't panic. We'll get there!
Everything you need for now is either in your DM already or on a PC/Mac.

brain
27-09-2010, 01:48 PM
No - I am not panicking - just nearly thrown it out of the window twice!! Wots £800 quid anyway!! The 1.14 is the fixed IP address assigned by the network to the DM The lappie was 1.13 but you said it couldnt be. Yes - Please - How do I change/reset the IP on the lappie bearing in mind it is that crumby W7 system!! Thanks again. Brain ps. you are very welcome to call over for a visit!!

oldfart
27-09-2010, 01:59 PM
1.14 is not a FIXED ip address it is assigned by DHCP.
Fixed means YOU fix it!
click on the icon that looks like a load of increasing bars on the task bar (next to the power icon).
Now click on 'Open Network and Sharing Center'
click on cjange adapter settings (on the left)
Double click on Local Area Connection
select Internet Protocol Version 4 in the list and click on Properties
set the numbers as below (you can use YOUR dns servers if you wich (see output from IPCONFIG for those.

brain
27-09-2010, 02:28 PM
I have assigned all the numbers in the upper panel. I have started by inserting all the numbers in the bottom panel are taken from the routers DNS but windows says multiple gateways have been assigned and will not work properly and also network is unidentified and no working if I put in the given set in thumbnail. Brain ps the telnet is to use with DCC or similar or the comp?

Giga
27-09-2010, 03:12 PM
check your router address
if your router is operating at 192.168.1.254 you cannot use that ip address for your computer or receiver!
start of range 192.168.1.1 or end of range 192.168.1.254 is likely to be a router.
gateway = router address

dns server(s) use same address of gateway (let router handle these)

brain
27-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi guys
First I have pmd you Oldfart with a sincere apology and thanks too Giga for your help. One small sequence in the turning off of wifi on the lappie and booting to router was not quite tried in correct sequence - so almost all of page three could have been avoided - better with a sun page 3 probably!! Thanks again for all the help - I will disappear now and change the Brain name!!!!

brain
27-09-2010, 03:40 PM
No I wont - it didnt work!! Now I have a box permanently telling me its starting Enigma 2.... and the Dream Multimedia bar scrolling several times and then its all stopped TV screen just has Blackhole Starting Enigma 2... HD. This is just not my weekend is it!!!!! Brain

oldfart
27-09-2010, 04:35 PM
re-flash
what image did u use & where did u get it??

USE THIS ONE
_https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=136191