PDA

View Full Version : Can I use two TM-6800supers on 1 motorised dish?

gogogunners
23-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Can I use the LNB out on one reciever, connect to another reciever in second room so I can watch different channels in different rooms from the same sat?

Would there be any problems doing this?

My equip is as follows:

2 X Technomate 6800HD super
1.1m Traix Dish
Technomate 0.1db single LNB
Technomate 2600 Disceq motor

Many thanks

ramjet
23-09-2010, 11:58 AM
yes it will work to a point but the second receiver will only receive a few channels due to the main receiver switching the lnb to the active transponder , so you can definitely watch 2 different channels on the same transponder and possibly some others too

but you definitely cannot watch any channel you like on the second box until you place the first box onto standby

gogogunners
23-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks ramjet,

To be clear if I put the first dox on standby does this allow the second box to change sat positions ect? Once the first box is turned back on would it go to the sat the second box is on? Like a Master and Slave type senario?

Giga
23-09-2010, 12:07 PM
you can use loop through, last receiver issuing command has control of dish motor.
So the answer to your question:
you could only the same channels on the same 1/4 part of the LNB.
- Low band: 1) horizontal or 2) vertical
- High band: 3) horizontal or 4) vertical
This is not so useful
pull second cable and replace single lnb by twin lnb.
one box has control of the dish
both boxes can view independently each channel on the same satellite.
you can expand this several ways.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?p=646296

gogogunners
23-09-2010, 12:18 PM
This is whats great about these forums. Glad I joined. Will go for a twin lnb and second cable run. Cheers people.

Giga
23-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Once the first box is turned back on would it go to the sat the second box is on? Like a Master and Slave type senario?
on box 2 watching Astra 19.2°E, box 1 switches on and select a channel on 13°E: box 2 loses 19.2°E as dish moves to 13°E: not workable situation.
Either each box a dish and motor or you mix and add second dish with multi feed and twnin lnb's to view the most needed sat locations: 28.2°E 23.5°E 19.2°E 13°E or what is wanted by you. Regular dish can take 4 maybe 5 lnb's. Or you have to go even bigger with a Gregorian dish:

mikie8
23-09-2010, 01:40 PM
it may be worth considering a quad lnb as it has 4 independant outputs . this would future proof you in case you decide to add another box or upgrade a box to dual tuner at a later time .