PDA

View Full Version : a friend says spider is so dissapointing!!

keith mawer
24-09-2010, 07:53 PM
a internet friend has had his new spider 2 weeks now and says he is finding it dissapointing,, Promises of lots of channels seem the opposite and the free gift has little to offer,,,,
NOT MY WORDS HIS ,,,
iS THAT ReALLY TRUE RIGHT NOW,??,,, was a bit surprised as thats mot what i have read at all... , he has 2 c lines also that does not provide much also he says

BW12
24-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Just received mine this afternoon Keith.
Only put Astra @ 19.2e in for now, and I'm well pleased to be watching C+ Spain again. :respect-040:

terry l
24-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Had mine since last year,
It's had it's up's and down's but on the whole must say alway's had something to watch..
Don't think i would go back to card's and cam's again [just my opinion]..

mister-t
24-09-2010, 08:11 PM
well if your friend dont want it i will give him £50,theres so much to watch
and with polsat sport hd and a few other polsat channels in test in service+ on 13e
it just keeps getting better and better

mister-t

terry l
24-09-2010, 08:14 PM
mister-t m8 [you tight git] i'll give him a ton..lol.

xanadu
24-09-2010, 08:18 PM
a internet friend has had his new spider 2 weeks now and says he is finding it dissapointing,, Promises of lots of channels seem the opposite and the free gift has little to offer,,,,

Watch out Keith.......

Darkman will be soon be here telling you how perfect his box is, and that your friend is making it all up. :rofl:

mister-t
24-09-2010, 08:35 PM
mister-t m8 [you tight git] i'll give him a ton..lol.

tight not at all, keith said his mates box dont get that many channels lol
so £50 is a great price because it means i would have to put my channel list on,spend 5mins setting everything up lol really a lot of time and effort:respect-057:

mister-t

gixerbrooks
24-09-2010, 08:44 PM
i have had a spiderbox for nearly a year now and with service+ and cline this is the best time ever with nearly no freezing.

terry l
24-09-2010, 08:58 PM
mister-t are u rubbing your hand's together and saying time is money time is money over and over again?.. [still say your a tight git..lol..

dave859
24-09-2010, 09:15 PM
The last week aint been bad at all, the football last sunday on thor and hotbird was fine and the box is so easy to use. Add a cline and things are a whole lot better but for the price this box opens lots of channels.

Friendly-Face
24-09-2010, 09:21 PM
@ xanadu and keith, do you guys have the box , have you test it ?
i have this box my self since february and for what i give for the box it is the on the top of my list, i have other boxes but for weekends i use Spiderbox 9000. Never lett me down.

Yes there has been som offline lately but that was announced from DM and his team.

you gusy just want to bash the box becouse of other things,
the box does what it says and it does even more then what many of us buy the box for.

My point is that the box is very well and very good, does what it says. if you like more then buy a more expencive machine

Locoman
24-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I have had my Spider 9000 hd for a month now, i got more out of this box than my diablo cam did, so i am well please with it.

terry l
24-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh god this is another wind up thread.. chill out m8's..lol.

scrapman
24-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Oh god this is another wind up thread.. chill out m8's..lol.

dont think xanadu likes darkman lol:sifone:

joany
24-09-2010, 09:40 PM
It always seemed very good value for money. I've heard there is a twin receiver version coming out. That should be interesting one Rx in one room and send the other output to a different room maybe??

john.dat
24-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Keith, your m8 must be thick and don't read the How to's to set it up, same would apply with any box, if it ain't set up right incl' dish / motor then it won't work .

I do think though that many want it to perform or provide the same as sly and with English commentary, they shoulda stayed with sly and pay £50 / £60 a month - for some, this is their first box and they want it to work straight out-of-the-box :sifone:

I have one and its great - does what it says on the label ;)

Oh, and yeah, one member further up don't own one but is and has been slagging off the box and DM :D

echelon
24-09-2010, 10:14 PM
NOT MY WORDS HIS ,,,
iS THAT ReALLY TRUE RIGHT NOW,??,,, was a bit surprised as thats mot what i have read at all... , he has 2 c lines also that does not provide much also he says

you clearly READ sweet fa m8 , and your friend too , he could have bought a bmw m3 but if he cannot drive its useless to him

there are more channels open than anyone can watch even without 1 c line or 2 c lines to add to the mix

try reading the tutorials etc , and some of the genuine owner posts , like mine for instance

here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=138454 , read the posts in there , especially mine and mickha`s

I was watching footy last weekend on 30 west inglesa HD in english and also footy on 1w in HD as well , never mind nova sport on 13e etc , no problems here

gbazza68
25-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Just bought mine from a m8 for £170 :respect-055::D who's had it since end of May and never set it up!! Read up on all the tutorials and downloaded all the patch's. Managed to install it, find all the sats and scan them all in, patch it to latest version and connect the gift in about an hour.
Must be one of the easiest boxes to set up and use. The menu system is easy to use. The gift pays for itself for the amount of channels/packages available, especialy the HD ones. S*y uk is £10 EXTRA a month just for the privalage of having HD (12 mths *£10=£120) so box is a bargain.Also being able to record via usb is great, a 4gb dongle will do a few hours, so a £50 500gb external drive is next purchase. Worst that can happen is gift goes, but still left with a good box, able to add c lines or use a cam. I'm gonna stick with this and have a clear out of all my other receivers. Would recommend to anyone who's thinking about getting one to go for it, they are as good as everyone says.

williamtell
25-09-2010, 09:30 AM
i have had a spiderbox for nearly a year now and with service+ and cline this is the best time ever with nearly no freezing.

let us all know what you lose re gift service+ nuevostream etc.

john.dat
25-09-2010, 12:13 PM
let us all know what you lose re gift service+ nuevostream etc.

Nothing should be lost :confused:

RABBY
25-09-2010, 02:39 PM
mister-t

polsat sport hd and a few other polsat channels in test in service+ on 13e

Thanks for the Info m8 ???Polsat Sports HD Working just Fine with[ Service +]:respect-040:

john.dat
25-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Not a single glitch all afternoon, just like last Saturday :bravo-009:

terry l
25-09-2010, 08:15 PM
gbazza68 m8,
Why would your m8 not set up his spiderbox and sell it to you for £170? sound's like his like keith's m8..lol..

chopper1
25-09-2010, 11:50 PM
where are you and you're m8 Keef and what planet are yous on lol?, can neither of you say anything positive on the forum, all doom and gloom when this spiderbox has been the best £170 ive spent, no more programming cards/cams etc. and the money i got from selling my old equipmnet virtually paid for the spider. Darkman has worked wonders with possibly more channels to come.

gbazza68
26-09-2010, 08:06 AM
gbazza68 m8,
Why would your m8 not set up his spiderbox and sell it to you for £170? sound's like his like keith's m8..lol..

He's been a bit like Keith in taking his time to decide!! What he's really wanted is a dreambox. He has just bought a clone dm800 with a supposed gift!set up in it (think it only has a couple of providors) for about £350. Im not complaining as i saved £30. :D

williamtell
26-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Nothing should be lost :confused:

thought it was a 1year "GIFT" i would expect ucas to continue but not service+/neuvostream? hope i,m wrong, mind you protek has been going strong for near on 3 years, same/similar situation?:confused:

keith mawer
26-09-2010, 11:02 AM
JUST WANTED TO SAY ITS not me moaning!!! BUT A MATE OF MINE....
Anyway when i do finally decided!!!!!gosh i hope soon.... have already arranged for someone to install it and WILL continue to drive my motor dish c/o my v box not the spider box.
i do have a sub for sly tv £55 p month for that i get 5 sports/sly news/chelsea tv and 13 movie channels and hd,, the EPG IS EXCEPTIONAL

ps i wonder then if it would be worth selling my gammmmaaaa card or keep it incase!!

john.dat
26-09-2010, 11:47 AM
thought it was a 1year "GIFT" i would expect ucas to continue but not service+/neuvostream? hope i,m wrong, mind you protek has been going strong for near on 3 years, same/similar situation?:confused:

According to the man himself, it will continue beyond the 12 months for all, - the first to benefit will be those who bought last autumn and their 12 months is up soon :applause-003:

simon 2003
26-09-2010, 12:08 PM
when i do finally decided!!!!!gosh i hope soon....
so do we keith .....so do we

maud
26-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Box is great value and so easy so set up.Far better value than last Diablo cam,chucked that into the draw for the time being.:podium-016:

ramjet
26-09-2010, 01:25 PM
my spider has been on the 30w hispasat satellite all weekend with almost flawless service from that liga inglesa HD channel with full english commentary

mister-t
26-09-2010, 04:23 PM
JUST WANTED TO SAY ITS not me moaning!!! BUT A MATE OF MINE....
Anyway when i do finally decided!!!!!gosh i hope soon.... have already arranged for someone to install it and WILL continue to drive my motor dish c/o my v box not the spider box.
i do have a sub for sly tv £55 p month for that i get 5 sports/sly news/chelsea tv and 13 movie channels and hd,, the EPG IS EXCEPTIONAL

ps i wonder then if it would be worth selling my gammmmaaaa card or keep it incase!!

well maybe your friend should moan for himself lol
and as for the £55 a month you pay for sly well i get around 40 sport channels,even more film channels and about 28 **** channels,plus discovery
history,animal planet channels on various sats and as for chelsea tv no thanks but i am sure that is also available on service+,and all for about £2 a week,oh and forgot to mention around 20hd channels at no extra cost
plus music channels disney channels the viewing options are really limitless
so you keep paying uncle ruppee ill keep me spider

mister-t

sstylianou1976
26-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I think the receiver has tremendous potential here and where I am admin on Sat Haven I added the receiver so it can be supported in the future so praying it keeps up with Dream Media receivers since they have been ruling the roost these days.

cornishlen
26-09-2010, 05:45 PM
For educational purposes only of course, could someone please tell me if there are any **** channels to be viewed with the spider. as to what i can read about the spider it seems a dedicated football box.

cornishlen.

ramjet
26-09-2010, 05:54 PM
For educational purposes only of course, could someone please tell me if there are any **** channels to be viewed with the spider. as to what i can read about the spider it seems a dedicated football box.

cornishlen.

the quick answer is yes , but football tends to dominate the posts you see but there is probably every other type of channel known to man as well , sports, movies, kids channels, pron , news, factual, music, the lot

cornishlen
26-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Many thanks for quick reply ramjet.

williamtell
26-09-2010, 06:20 PM
so do we keith .....so do we

yawn, epic, saga, lol, £55 a month to sly what the f***, makes spider look peanuts in the long run.

williamtell
26-09-2010, 06:22 PM
about 28 **** channel:D quote

Bazza1974
26-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Plenty of bongo on 13e,16e etc.

snapper
26-09-2010, 06:50 PM
i bought spider sd box gift worked fine but a lot of glitching with cccam none with dm 500 clone can only tell it as it is

williamtell
26-09-2010, 07:20 PM
yep me also on 28.2 cccam, ok in the day but hit and miss @peak times i.e footy, films, could be isp but service+ neuvo ok so wouldnt pay again unless drastic improvement?

Dave5118
26-09-2010, 09:12 PM
about 28 **** channel:D quote
Plus Penthouse is in HD :sifone:

Jay_x7x
26-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Top Box, had it 4 months now and opens alot more than any cams on the market, also fanatastic HD picture quality.

duffman
29-09-2010, 02:23 PM
From what I have read it is very tempting to get one, however I have the old 36v motor will it work with the spiderbox? if not do I have to change the motor cables as well or I can use the same cables? (had new extension built and all cables now are under the floorboards).

ramjet
29-09-2010, 02:34 PM
From what I have read it is very tempting to get one, however I have the old 36v motor will it work with the spiderbox? if not do I have to change the motor cables as well or I can use the same cables? (had new extension built and all cables now are under the floorboards).

I believe you would use a vbox to move the motor and use the spiderbox to control the vbox, unless you use the vbox remote control instead

tph
29-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Real mans box this, all the footy and **** you can shake a stick at.

Love it.

Regards TPH

toothfairy
29-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Spider will control the V Box which in turn will move the dish,
thats the way i have it as i also have a 36v motor.

TonyO
02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
The spider isn't perfect, but what is in life ?

When I got mine I had a few gripes but after a couple of weeks and creating a new channel list all was working ok, some packages are prone to occassional problems but they are usually soon fixed.

Taking everything into account if you are motorised its a brilliant bit of kit at this point in time.

williamtell
05-10-2010, 08:23 AM

i use 36v [tf5000cip] to drive dish then simply change source on tv remote to hmdi i.e lnb into spider, leave 36v in its place in existing receiver:bravo-009:

TonyO
05-10-2010, 10:00 AM
I use my Echostar 5500 to drive the dish, after nearly 20 years the OSD is starting to break up a bit.

Probably the power supply is dropping of the pace a bit, if it packs up I have another old analogue reciever positioner to take its place.

williamtell
05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
hmm now i think of it i have a ad3000ipvia back up,tucked away in my garage:king-042:

johnhenry
05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Keith have you got your Spiderbox yet ? you have had plenty of time to purchase one since the start of this very long thead you started beleive me m8 your friend is causing you to miss out big time, do you notice even the threads have gone down hardly 2 or 3 a day thats because we are to busy watching the vast amount of channels Spider gives us.

john.dat
05-10-2010, 04:18 PM
The same time last year, Keith was down to his last 29p, perhaps its worse this year, 23p - Keith knows what I mean ;):D